Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Traveller's Tales brings the LEGO treatment to The Lord of the Rings, following the events of all three movies.

Constant Freezing on PS3

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Puchiko

So far from what I've played I have enjoyed the game. Its not as good as Lego POTC, but fun nonetheless. But there is some serious issues with the game. The frame rate is horrendous at times especially when trying to rotate the camera. And recently after finally getting my fellowship I have had nonstop lockups. Just walking along, switching characters, loading a cutscene.... the game locks up nearly every 5-10 minutes. I thought it might be because I am using a launch 60gb fat PS3 but I loaded up some other games I own and experience no issues. Google-ing this issue it seems I am not the only one having issues.

I really wanted to enjoy this game but so far it has been mostly frustation. Technical issues aside another annoying thing is that you can no longer change characters on the fly in the hub worlds. Or at least I haven't figured out how to swap out unlocked characters. The platforming is still very frustarting when you have to make precise jumps and the voice acting just seems a bit out of place. The combat is still button mashy but enemies will parry you more often. Some of the puzzles had me scratching my head looking for missing pieces that were somehow already in my inventory without the game letting me know I picked it up.

Unfortunately I am going to wait and see if Travellers Tales releases a patch before I try playing again.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon

Sigh, haven't just about every LEGO game been full of bugs for a while now? I had to give up on my LEGO Harry Potter platinum trophy because one of the gold bricks disappeared, and that was after they patched other game breaking issues.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deskp

Somehow I never seem to find most of these bugs and breaks people talk about. Have there always been more on ps3 than xbox? I've played all my Lego games on xbox.

elvenqueen86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By elvenqueen86

Have you contacted support yet (support@wbgames.com)? I only ask because I contacted them yesterday and was told no one else had contacted them about problems. Here's the troubleshooting info they gave me. Didn't work in my case, because I had nothing for the game under Game Data Utility, but maybe someone else will find this useful: 1. Problems may arise if you have been playing the game for an extended period of time. Let the system cool down, then try running the game. 2. Please make sure that you have the most recent update for your PS3 console. 3. Remove the game data from the Playstation 3 Hard Drive. Files in the Game Data Utility folder, are saved settings for a game (i.e., controller preferences, brightness settings, etc.). These steps will NOT delete your save games. To remove a game data file from the PLAYSTATION 3: a. In the XMB home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility]. Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files. b. Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete. c. Press the button and select [Delete]. d. Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion. e. A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear. f. A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted. g. Repeat steps b through f for all entries in the Game Data Utility that contains the name of your game. 4. Try running it from another console. If the game works properly on another system, you may want to contact Sony to find out more about getting your PlayStation 3 serviced. If the game fails to run on multiple consoles, contact our Technical Support representatives for further assistance.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@deskp said:

Somehow I never seem to find most of these bugs and breaks people talk about. Have there always been more on ps3 than xbox? I've played all my Lego games on xbox.

I've never had any problems with glitching or anything on my original XBOX or my 360 with any of the LEGO titles. I was actually wondering that myself, if it's more of a PS3 thing.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Spiritgod

I kept my finger crossed, after reading this thread. I had ordered this game, and had a little trouble with Amazon in that they screwed up my order slip and FedEx couldn't delivery the game. Sadly, I'm having the same issue with the game freezing. Played the game for about 8 hours so far, not nonstop, but in 2-3 hour intervals and already I've had the game freeze on me four times. The weird thing is, I've never really had any issues with Lego games before, so I'm hoping this is a bug that the developer is working on. Anyone know if they know about it?

As far as the game goes, I'm loving it. I actually thing this game is probably the best Lego game to date, my opinion of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.