Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Traveller's Tales brings the LEGO treatment to The Lord of the Rings, following the events of all three movies.

Release date?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorDanger99

ive searched all over and i cant find one. IGN says oct 30, gamestop says nov 30. amazon says nov 14. no one seems to know when this damn game comes out. i was hoping to pick it up when i go get wwe '13 but i dont know if ill be able to. if someone could point me to the right date my girlfriend and i would be grateful.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deskp

The developers and WB keeps saying fall or holiday. I think its 13th nov for US and 23rd nov for europe? why they would be so far apart I don't know.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DoctorDanger99

well according to my local gamestore it's out tuesday.so take that if you want it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first lego title i'm intrested in trying out, whenever its out.

kcdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kcdotcom

Looks like the handheld versions are out tomorrow (30th), with the console versions on the 13th.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@DoctorDanger99: I've been seeing a lot of the Nov. release promotions around in stores so I'm banking on that one. Kind of disappointed it wasn't sooner (Oct) like a lot of the earlier coverage was saying.

CurtMan2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By CurtMan2k7

according to Gamefly, it's coming out this thursday nov 15th, which is weird, games usually out on tuesdays but whatever...hope this helps

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deskp

The offical release date for pc/360/ps3 was tuesday the 13th (in north america). Apparently alot of stores did not have it in stock yesterday.

And I can't find any online store that has the PC version in stock at all.

CurtMan2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By CurtMan2k7

Welp looked on Gamefly today to see if it had shipped, and now it says release date is Sat Nov 17, i have no idea what the hell is going on?

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deskp

Hopefully everything will be out in order by the european release the 23rd.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravelle

From Joystiq.

If you're planning on picking up the Xbox 360 version of Lego Lord of the Rings today, make sure to open the case and verify that an actual game is inside before you leave the store.

It appears as though demo discs, instead of the retail game discs, have been shipped out to numerous retailers incorrectly, according to Game Informer. Only Xbox 360 shipments appear to have been affected by the issue, and even then not all 360 shipments were part of the faulty batch, so there's still a chance you'll be able to go out and buy an actual copy today.

We've reached out to Warner Bros. for comment and will update with any further information we receive on the situation.

Update: Warner Bros. issued a statement to IGN saying it's recalling a "small number" of discs which, while labelled as demo discs, do in fact contain the retail game.

The statement reads:

"Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is recalling a small number of LEGO The Lord of the Rings video games that were released for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft to Walmart, Target and Toys 'R' Us in the United States with a disc labeling error. The discs in question are incorrectly labeled as demo discs, but those discs do contain the full game content and are fully functional. This error does not affect any other formats of the game. We are in the process of remanufacturing the discs and will get them to the stores as soon as possible. Consumers who purchased a copy of the Xbox 360 version of the game with the disc labeling error can contact customer support via email at support@wbgames.com or phone at 410-568-3680 for a replacement disc."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.