"Democracy will never be defeated!"
-- Liberty Prime
When a Brotherhood of Steel expeditionary team was sent to scour Washington, D.C. for pre-Great War technology they found the Pentagon in ruins. However, in those ruins they discovered Liberty Prime, a 40-foot tall military robot that was built to retake Alaska from the Chinese before the Great War. At the end of Fallout 3, Liberty Prime is reactivated to help the Vault 101 Dweller and the Brotherhood take Project Purity from the Enclave.
Even though Liberty Prime shares many common characteristics with the famous Transformer, Optimus Prime, Emil Pagliarulo (the game's lead designer & writer) denied any intentional connections between the two. However, he conceded that he might have subconsciously drawn inspiration from Optimus.
- "Liberty Prime is online."
- "All systems nominal."
- "Weapons: hot."
- "Mission: the destruction of any and all Chinese communists."
- "American will never fall to communist invasion."
- "Obstruction detected. Composition: titanium alloy supplemented by photonic resonance barrier."
- "Probability of mission hindrance: zero percent."
- "Democracy.... is non-negotiable."
- "Death is a preferable alternative to communism."
- "Communist detected on American soil. Lethal force engaged."
- "Tactical assessment: Red Chinese victory—impossible."
- "Communism is the very definition of failure."
- "Communism is a temporary setback on the road to freedom."
- "Embrace democracy or you will be eradicated."
- "Democracy will never be defeated."
- "Voice module online. Audio functionality test initialized. Designation: Liberty Prime. Mission: the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska. Primary Targets: any and all Red Chinese invaders. Emergency Communist Acquisition Directive: immediate self destruct. Better dead, than Red."
Liberty Prime Mission Appearances
- The American Dream
- Take It Back!
- Death From Above (Broken Steel)