Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 30, 2015

An episodic adventure game based around time manipulation from Remember Me developers DONTNOD.

Complete(ish) Timeline [SPOILERS]

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By notkcots

Hey! I finished LiS last night and I was pretty blown away; it's one of the most ambitious, heartfelt story-driven games I've ever played and I sincerely hope that other developers take careful note of what DONTNOD has accomplished. I was initially a little confused by some of the funny business with the timelines at the end, so I decided to try to chart it all out to help me sort out where one diverged from another. I think it might be helpful to some other folks trying to figure the story out, so here it is:

No Caption Provided

http://i.imgur.com/vtTo9zM.png?1

Some notes: the solid green line follows Max′ 's (the player's) continuous timeline throughout the episodes. Dotted green lines are her diving into old photos. The black zig-zags are abbreviations for long blocks of time (otherwise the William stuff throws the scale of the chart way off). There are two divergences (C and I) where Max′ could enter into two different timelines, so I put them in both green and black.

Also, I still have some things I'm trying to figure out. I think it's possible that Divergence E returns Max′ to the B/C timeline (depending on whether or not Kate is dead), but it could easily constitute a new timeline (Timeline E) considering that Max′ has knowledge that MaxE shouldn't have. Similarly, Divergence I might bring Max′ back to Timeline A, but again, after Chloe's funeral she knows things that she shouldn't, so this might be a new timeline altogether.

Anyway, if I've made any mistakes or omitted anything, I'd be really grateful to have it pointed out to me. I've been having nearly as much fun plotting out all the time travel stuff as I did playing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.