Life is Strange 2 confirmed by dontnod

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

tweet by dontnod

Thought this might have been cancelled what with all the square enix trouble lately but nice to see a sequel is coming out

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn! Destiny 2 on Battlenet (PC) and now this. What the heck are they saving for E3?

Also YES more Life is Strange!

AustinFlores

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we call it Life Is 2 Strange or is that going to get me banned

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@austinflores: I'm in favour of "Life Is Stranger". Or "The Next Great Sequel in the Life Is Strange Franchise".

AustinFlores

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: "The Next Great Sequel in the Life Is Strange Franchise" should be the second subtitle. So -

Life Is 2 Strange: Life Is Stranger: The Next Great Sequel in the Life Is Strange Franchise

Can't wait to see how that sorts out in the wiki.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would want it to be the "Life is" series like there is a "Tales of" series.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I kind of hope it's a separate story tho.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool. I liked the first, though some of the enthusiasm to discuss it (which is a good part of gaming to me) wasn't there because it felt like I played it through before it really picked up an audience on here, so I didn't bring much to the discussions when there were a lot of threads about it. I watched five minutes of the quick look for the first episode and bought it. I remember it started getting annoying having the game on my system for a full year since I just wanted to finish it already with the last two episodes, and I was playing things in between. I liked it to the end but was already losing steam on it by the end as well; it was the first episodic thing I've had to wait for (other than the RE Revelations 2 thing, but that was nothing). The name is weird, just because it seems like it'd only fit one story and I can't imagine this being with the same characters.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I don't see anything about the title tying specifically to those characters. It's referring to the time travel element, which they could reuse with completely different characters. Or they could come up with a totally different supernatural mechanic to make things "strange".

Or honestly they could probably ditch the supernatural element entirely and still get away with it with the right story.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By planetfunksquad

Extremely down for 2 Life 2 Strange.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Remember reading a while back that if they were going to do a second season it wouldn't be based around Max and Chloe, but an entirely new cast. Think that's the right call.

Also, very happy to hear of a second season.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Really cool. I never played LIS myself but GBEast's playthrough is some of my all time favorite content on this site. I have to say I am more interested in how Vampyr is going to end up.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't this already announced like in 2015 or something?

Sad world we live where Square decided to do the Life Is Strange sequel instead of the Hitman sequel. Let's hope Life Is Strange 2 isn't as cliché and predictable as the first one.

AustinFlores

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Its interesting that Square let go of Hitman, but kept Life is Strange. I'm glad they did. The feels.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

I really loved the gangs playthrough of that first game to the point where I bought the boxed PS4 special edition simply to support the devs after the feature was done. I have to say the ending to that game really got to me on some weird level where most videogames or even movies rarely even get close. It was really heartfelt and full of "feels" as the teens call it.

All that said.. as much as I want the DONTNOD guys to keep doing what they're doing.. I would have loved to see a followup to Remember Me.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Glad it sold so well and glad they are doing more. They are most likely setting themselves up for failure here, since there are probably a million ways to get it wrong and only a handful to get it right, but I want to see what they come up with either way.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was announced a long time ago. I guess it's just official now. As much as I liked Life Is Strange, I hoped it was a one time thing and they'd most on to other original projects.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: I don't actually know the numbers, but if I would guess Life Is Strange sold more than HITMAN, maybe much more?
@ezekiel: dontnod are working on Vampyr as well, which I think is set to release this year. I believe it's people from the LIS team.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! The GBE playthrough is what got me to invest in the first one on Steam, so I'm looking forward to actually playing through this one myself this time around.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

@boonsong said:

@blu3v3nom07: I don't actually know the numbers, but if I would guess Life Is Strange sold more than HITMAN, maybe much more?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a bigger profit at least, relative to development costs.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just hope they add iron sights and balance CTF mode this time.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boonsong said:

@ezekiel: dontnod are working on Vampyr as well, which I think is set to release this year. I believe it's people from the LIS team.

I know. I'm looking forward to it. It's probably good that they're able to build a series they can lean back on as they take risks on original projects like Vampyr. But when I finished Life Is Strange, I wasn't thinking, "This needs a sequel."

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is strange: Andromeda?

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved LIS to death but please please please do not shoe in another Max and Chloe story. Make it an anthology, give us some new interesting characters, maybe some new powers but I would be okay with time stuff again. That's the only thing I would want being held over.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

I just hope they add iron sights and balance CTF mode this time.

Max was way to OP, I hope they nerf her this time.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Life is Strange is a wonderful game that didn't necessarily scream "sequel" but I'm definitely interested. We'll have to see what actually defines LiS according to DONTNOD, as people have mentioned. Time mechanic? Coming of age story? Mystery plot? Max & Chloe (hopefully not)?

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It should be called Life is Hella Strange.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's strange to be excited for a game I never played (only watched on this site), but I am. I hope I'm correct in assuming it's a new cast and story this time.

ToTheNines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's a new cast. I find I in general have a pretty high tolerance for annoying characters, but I never could finish this game because of one super annoying one.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool; loved the first game.

I assume its a new cast, both because the first game's story felt very wrapped up and because, much like Mass Effect 3, its too stark a choice at the end to make a sequel off of.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By poobumbutt

@shagge: I swear, if your character can't lean in the PC version, I'm boycotting dontnod.

What a dumb, obscure joke.

Edit: oh, and to actually be on topic: Yay! I liked that game. Honestly, kind of hope it's an entirely new setting, characters and powers. Though, if it's continuing from where 1 left off, that would be HELLA interesting, too. I'm sorry. I'll dispose of myself in the trash can now.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:
@boonsong said:

I know. I'm looking forward to it. It's probably good that they're able to build a series they can lean back on as they take risks on original projects like Vampyr. But when I finished Life Is Strange, I wasn't thinking, "This needs a sequel."

I was thinking this needs an ending that doesn't suck.

Still happy to hear about a sequel, though. The first was some of the finest storytelling in the medium.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: No, I guess it doesn't. I guess I have more of an issue with it being called 'Life is Strange' with a two at the end. I suppose it'd make sense if it took place in the same universe at least, rather than going with the Final Fantasy route.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zeik

@ntm: I don't see the problem. Like I said, nothing about that title ties directly to those characters or events. It's not called "Max's Life is Strange" or "Life is Strange in a seaside Oregon town, also time travel". It's a pretty ambiguous title that could be applied to any number of characters or stories.

Yeah, the 2 at the end might mislead some to believe it's a direct sequel, but they would hardly be the first to do that with a sequel. It's just marketing. (Besides, at this point that title isn't even confirmed anyway.)

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thatpinguino  Moderator

YEAH! More Life is Strange please! I just got around to playing it earlier this year and it was a revelation. It was the best game I've played in a while and I'm excited to see what dontnod thinks a sequel looks like. Sign me up for some FF style thematic consistency but wildly different plot.

dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The format of Life Is Strange worked very well for that year. If they can repeat doing an episodic thing for me and my friend to complain about, I would gladly play.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NTM

@zeik: I suppose I don't actually have much issue and agree that the name itself doesn't connect to anything specific, I was just thinking that if the name is retained, it'd make sense if it was in the same universe (though it doesn't have to connect to the same place or characters per say). That's really what I really meant. Not sure why I put that that way come to think of it.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I was thinking this needs an ending that doesn't suck.

Agreed. I liked Life is Strange, but if there's one thing I want them to improve on for the sequel, it's to integrate the superpowers with the plot in a way that makes sense. Spoilers for the first one: If we control a new girl with fire powers or whatever, it's not a good ending if her having those fire powers leads to a meteor hitting Australia(unless she lets her best friend die, in which case it will vanish). They need to have a story that makes sense logically as well as emotionally. You can do some local land god When They Cry style, or do it technologically, or have aliens bestow the superpowers on little girls to steal their angsty emotional energy or whatever. But if you give her superpowers they should affect things in a way that makes sense, not just have a cruel and unusual secondary effect for no reason besides drama and moral lessons.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

Not since Walking Dead Season 1 has my wife been SO invested in an adventure game (for my part: I loved it too), so this is FANTASTIC news!

Cool. I kind of hope it's a separate story tho.

Lead dev has confirmed: no relation to Max's story whatsoever.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange 2: Die Stranger

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I should give the first game one more chance. The writing and voice acting really turned me off and I never played past the first episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.