Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 30, 2015

An episodic adventure game based around time manipulation from Remember Me developers DONTNOD.

Life is Strange Episode 3 discussion. *SPOLERS*

• 67 results
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By monkeyking1969

@redyoshi said:

@monkeyking1969: I feel like there's way more chemistry for the Chloe option than there is for Warren, but maybe I'm reading into things too much.

Yeah, I think you are reading a bit into that. If Max or, Chloe are gay that's cool; but they should not exploit that fact salaciously. I'd like the developer to handle that subject with honesty and thought, in any case. So much of the game is smoke screens and false impressions to keep the mystery going; so motivations are hard to pin down.

I thought for sure they would kiss in the pool, because I get the feeling they were telegraphing that kiss a lot in the past three episodes. If we want to talk about hints: Max is not really into Warren, and she comments of how pretty the other girls are in a way where it seems like that would be a believable for Max. I think Chloe was not into Rachel Amber that way even though they hint at it a lot (again smoke screens and switching), and I think the "kiss" bet was one that she didn't think Max would do. I think if anyone were 'interested in girls' it will end up being Max... if they player chooses to go that way.

To be honest, I don't think Max is very sure "who she likes" at least consciously, and that too might be the best way to handle it.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Plant is dead, Long live Plant...

No Caption Provided

But yea, I'm definitely getting Butterfly Effect vibes since in all 3 movies the main character ends up in a wheelchair trying to fix the past, and in the 2nd movie the main character uses photos to travel time.

Also, I'm apparently a monster:

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By monkeyking1969
    @bezerker85 said:

Plant is dead, Long live Plant...

No Caption Provided

In my game, it said I "over watered" the plant. I guess it is not dead, but I think it is somewhat unfair that you have to keep track of "chronology" in the game knowing if you have over watered something.

Kato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode just rocked me. From all the emotions with Chloe and Max (please let this play out) to the introduction of a new mechanic and dat ending...

I agree, we won't stay in this timeline for long, but it's good for Max to glimpse the consequences of her powers. As the emotional music played and Max joyously walked to the door, I knew something was going to be wrong--I thought she'd catch Chloe with a boy, thus breaking Max's heart and making her realize her feelings--but what happened was even better.

Where did you guys even see Warren/Brooke? I only got texts from Warren talking about the drive-in...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@kato said:

Where did you guys even see Warren/Brooke? I only got texts from Warren talking about the drive-in...

Brooke is the tech girl flying the drone in the first episode, that Max seems to think is better suited to date Warren, because obviously science/tech people would want to date science/tech people. Obviously.

Anyway, in the alternate timeline, in the quad in front of the school, Warren is seen being all lovey dovey with Stella, I think? So I guess Max is wrong Warren being interested in Brooke, but it seems like in alternate timeline because of the way things go Max somehow ends up in the Vortex Club, and Stella is the object of Warren's affection instead of Max.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Just finished this. I fucking. God damn it. I can't deaaaaaaaaaaaaal with this. As soon as I saw the wheelchair I just had to pause and just sit there. I even went back and tried to redo the past and just let it play out as normal. I've been playing an episode a night all this week and fuck man. I DON'T KNOW HOW ANY OF YOU WAITED 3 MONTHS.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@demoskinos: Just wait until you get to that episode 4 cliffhanger. Holy shit

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Yeah, each of these episodes have ended with their own real brand of fuck you.

CptKnots94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@demoskinos: I actually enjoyed waiting for this game. It was well paced and was always positively in the back of my mind between episodes. And then every month or two I would get really excited for a new episode. I also enjoyed seeing the discussion around the game as each episode came out.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BisonHero

@demoskinos said:

Just finished this. I fucking. God damn it. I can't deaaaaaaaaaaaaal with this. As soon as I saw the wheelchair I just had to pause and just sit there. I even went back and tried to redo the past and just let it play out as normal. I've been playing an episode a night all this week and fuck man. I DON'T KNOW HOW ANY OF YOU WAITED 3 MONTHS.

Haha, yeeeeeah. It was killing me. The pacing in this season was extraordinary. You might as well return 90% of your office chair to the store, because you're only going to need the edge of it. (Sorry, I'm assuming you're playing on PC, work with me here)

The first episode ends on a pretty fine note, of "Alright, weird hurricane visions, Max has somebody to confide in and to help her figure this out, also this snow sure is weird", but then the climax/cliffhanger of episodes 2-5 are all varying levels of "I can't deaaaaaaaaaaaaal with this," as you put it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By musubi

@bisonhero: Yeah, its rough. I'm just going to try to chill and listen to the bombcast and do episode 4 in the morning. Its crazy how I can not quit thinking about this game. It is absolutely rocketing up the charts on the my favorite of the year list. Also as a side note I saw someone post this on GAF and laughed.

No Caption Provided

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel like the scheduling was generally pretty good for this series. Obviously just after completing an episode I was incredibly anxious for the next one to come out, but they never kept me waiting too long to the point that I couldn't stand it, though Witcher 3 as mentioned above, and then MGSV last month certainly helped curb some anticipation for me. And actually, the way every one of these episodes at this point in the series would end on such devastating emotional blows, I began to almost dread playing the next one as the release date would creep up once I remembered that this game revels in tearing my heart into little pieces each time I play it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Also, in general, me at the end of each episode:

No Caption Provided

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Yup. Also why does mine not animate without clicking on it? D:

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@demoskinos: Not to derail this thread but as someone who posts a lot of GIFs here, the way the site has handled them the past few months has been super frustrating. Usually what I have to do to get them to autoplay is submit the post, then edit it, delete the GIF and re-post it from the "previous uploads" section as opposed to using the URL address or "my desktop." It's real annoying. I don't know if it's a bug or something they consciously started doing to cut down on page loading times or something.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: Ah, thanks. That is super annoying but it worked apparently I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.