Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 30, 2015

An episodic adventure game based around time manipulation from Remember Me developers DONTNOD.

Remember Me's Developers Have Announced a New Game

• 59 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

I'm not gonna argue Remember Me was 2013's best game, but it was one of the most interesting. It warms my heart Square Enix is partnering with DONTNOD Entertainment for a new game, the episodic Life Is Strange.

No Caption Provided

(What a cool title, by the way.)

Life Is Strange, announced today on Square Enix's blog, follows Max Caulfield's return to Acadia Bay, Oregon, after five years away.

"Upon returning home she discovers that Rachel Amber, a fellow senior at school, has disappeared under mysterious and rather uncomfortable circumstances. While trying to uncover the truth Max reunites with an old friend, Chloe, and makes a startling discovery: Max has the power to rewind time..."

The game's appears to center around unintended consequences. If you could rewind time, should you? You can't predict what might all might change, and Life Is Strange will most likely deal with all the potential bad stuff.

We don't know when Life Is Strange is being released, but it'll have a formal unveiling at Gamescom this week, and it's set to arrive for every platform but (drum roll) Wii U.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww, poor WiiU.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Slightly offtopic, but does anyone know if GB will embed a gamecom live feed into GB chat when the conferences happen?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Eh, not for me

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

After the wonderfully unique setting of Remember Me it's a shame to see them shift gears from the futuristic neo-Paris to, of all places, Oregon. The team has proven that they can craft beautifully comprehensive worlds with great attention to detail, but despite a time rewind mechanic I feel like the setting seems extremely limiting. Time will tell but what I was really hoping for was a sequel, spiritual or not, to Remember Me that would tweak some of the gameplay to help better match it's amazing aesthetics.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be interested after I see how the reviews are. If the stories good I would definitely consider it.

Groker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if this one will bomb as hard as Remember Me did? That game was so sub-mediocre.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Reminds me of Time Hollow in some ways.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So it's Quantum Break but mediocre, got it.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember Me is way underrated.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

After wonderfully unique setting of Remember Me it's a shame to see them shift gears from the futuristic neo-Paris to, of all places, Oregon. The team has proven that they can craft beautifully comprehensive worlds with great attention to detail but despite a time rewind mechanic I feel like the setting seems extremely limiting. Time will tell, but I was really hoping for a sequel, spiritual or not, to Remember Me that would tweak some of the gameplay to help better match it's amazing aesthetics.

Being from Germany Oregon seems as foreign a setting as Neo Paris to me. I have literally no idea what it's like. There's some sort of trail there?

Also, I'm hoping the Shyamalan plot twist at the end will be that she prevents John Lennon's death.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I wish them the best of luck with this game. I really liked Remember Me, somewhat in spite of itself, but I liked it all the same.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Remember Me is one of my favorite games from 2013, glad to see the same team is working on something else! The premise sounds pretty cool, I just hope the game is too!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@paulunga said:

@humanity said:

After wonderfully unique setting of Remember Me it's a shame to see them shift gears from the futuristic neo-Paris to, of all places, Oregon. The team has proven that they can craft beautifully comprehensive worlds with great attention to detail but despite a time rewind mechanic I feel like the setting seems extremely limiting. Time will tell, but I was really hoping for a sequel, spiritual or not, to Remember Me that would tweak some of the gameplay to help better match it's amazing aesthetics.

Being from Germany Oregon seems as foreign a setting as Neo Paris to me. I have literally no idea what it's like. There's some sort of trail there?

Also, I'm hoping the Shyamalan plot twist at the end will be that she prevents John Lennon's death.

A woodsy "nature" state is about the same anywhere you go. You might get some different mountains, you might get some different sunsets, but if I tell you to imagine a forest you wouldn't be too far off.

WolfPac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, I'm totally looking forward to it. Though I'm a bit worried because while the premise of the story of Remember Me was interesting, the execution didn't really work out that well and this sounds like it might just go the same way. Also one of the things I enjoyed most about Remember Me was the environment design, which I'm not sure they can do as well with a setting like this.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I really hope they have writers now that can match their artists.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Remember Me was extremely boring, I couldn't get anywhere near the end, the last thing I do remember doing was fighting some boss that kept disappearing and then I want to say the floor started disappearing too after a certain point, I may go back and give it another shot but from what I remember I was bored to tears. I hope this isn't the same deal, interesting but boring.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

A trio of girls as the main characters.

Awesome.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WesleyWyndam

I liked Remember Me enough to be interested in this. I look forward to hearing more.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Efesell

I really liked Remember Me, I'm glad these guys are getting the chance to make more. It did not seem all that likely.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NeoCalypso

Hopefully it'll actually be something other than a pretty face this time. Remember Me had an amazing design and setting. But it played fucking terrible. It was the poor man's Arkham Asylum from people who didn't quite seem to understand what made the combat in those games so satisfying.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Remember Me and I'll stand by it forever so this has me interested. Please get Olivier Derrivere back so this game can follow after Remember Me's fucking fantastic soundtrack.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
    VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I hope it doesn't end with a great emotional climax ruined by a fight with a giant computer god in the matrix.

JayDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

'Remember me' was flawed but had some great parts. Glad the developer gets a second chance.

billyok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Remember Me. It didn't always work, but it shot for the moon. And when its ideas clicked, it was awesome. Can't believe nobody's lifted that build-a-combo thing wholesale yet.

D_Man_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked Remember Me quite a bit. The highlights made up for the slightly unpolished parts. Definitely getting this for sure!

theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: being from Oregon I can tell you it's not a boring setting. The atmosphere could be great and if it's near the coastal line like Astoria or Newport that could make for a beautiful, haunting setting. There's also mountains, forests(as you mentioned), deserts, city, etc. I think Oregon is a great place and I'm pretty excited to see a game set in my home state. I'd like to see if they can nail the feel of Oregon

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: being from Oregon I can tell you it's not a boring setting. The atmosphere could be great and if it's near the coastal line like Astoria or Newport that could make for a beautiful, haunting setting. There's also mountains, forests(as you mentioned), deserts, city, etc. I think Oregon is a great place and I'm pretty excited to see a game set in my home state. I'd like to see if they can nail the feel of Oregon

Word

Tonch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've really been wanting to check out Remember Me, but I'm wary of spending too much money on it since I've heard constantly that the gameplay itself is so poor. It seems like the kind of setting and story I'd really dig, but it's a big gamble to make when I'm not sure I'll be able to tolerate the gameplay. Alan Wake had a similar issue for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking love time travel as a trope, so I'm interested for that reason if nothing else.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Remember Me was one of the best games I played this year. I'll definitely be checking this out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Mildly intrigued. We'll see how this develops along.

misquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, sounds interesting! Episodic obviously brings to mind Walking Dead... I wonder if this means they'll be going for a format that downplays combat (probably the most boring thing about Remember Me) and focus more heavily on story? Interested to see how this plays out :D

Avatar image for steelknight2000
    steelknight2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what Mr. Tell Em has to say about this concept.

Loading Video...

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed Remenber Me. This looks exciting.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Ahhh, Wii don't need U... remember me?... I'm a gamer too man!

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

One of the worst representations from a quick look is for "Remember Me". If you played the game there are 2 ways, one is the reviewer way in which you play on easy and hit buttons. If you play the game from a gamers perspective on hard you actually have to learn the combos just as in a fighting game. Watching seasoned players talk about games from the perspective of "Normal" difficulty to me is hilarious. The whole "its how the developer intended you to play" is just laziness of reviewers.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By sweetz

Remember Me was my Binary Domain for 2013 - meaning a very good game that was underrated (which is generally term I hate because it implies superiority of opinion, but that's exactly what I'm doing in this case) by professional critics because they couldn't look past the fact that it's fighting mechanics weren't as good as the watermark for the genre (namely Batman).

It had a fantastic setting, an interesting story, and easily one the top 3 best soundtracks of 2013.

It also featured a female protagonist (of mixed racel no less) who was intelligent, strong, and attractive but not overly sexualized; yet not a one of the "feminist" games journalists who have made names for themselves by incessantly complaining about and criticizing the industry had anything (positive or negative) to say about the game - probably because they don't generate site hits by saying nice things.

nccows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished Remember Me a week or two ago as part of working down my PS+ backlog and loved it. Can't wait to play another project from that team; Remember Me was a debut that, while it wasn't amazing, showed a lot of talent and potential.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cool. I loved Remember Me so i'm excited to see what else they have up their sleeve.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GaspoweR

Despite the fact that I was disappointed with Remember Me, I'm pretty excited for this.

EDIT: "Unintended consequence"

Sounds like the butterfly effect to me. 0_o

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Sounds interesting. Despite some of it's more mediocre aspects, I really liked Remember me. I'm glad to see the developer making a new game.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

I'm glad Dontnod is getting to work on another project, I was hoping they would. Remember Me isn't perfect, but I think it is underrated and has a lot of really cool aspects, including the unique world they crafted, good soundtrack, and interesting fighting system (mainly the build-a-combo thing).

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@patrickklepek:

I'm not gonna argue Remember Me was 2013's best game

You have a typo there.

I loved Remember Me, and I'm happy to see more work from them.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sinusoidal

"episodic"

Meaning I'll end up waiting until they release a "Complete Pak!" or whatever anyway.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By hermes

The writing in Remember Me was subpar, particularly the main character, but the setting was interesting and I am all for studios with unique visions been given the chance to express themselves...

rudyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember Me was actually pretty fun and I enjoyed the setting. My only issues were the repetitive level design, story was meh and the voice acting is what really held it down. I want a game that actually makes me care about the characters.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Sure I'm game, looks potentially interesting.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By dr_mantas

Incredibly exciting, because I enjoyed Remember Me very much.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liked Remember Me. It had some really good ideas and a fantastic setting. Wanna see what this team can do with the reversing time concept.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.