Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Life Is Strange

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jan 30, 2015

An episodic adventure game based around time manipulation from Remember Me developers DONTNOD.

See How I Did- What Did I Guess Correctly?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I made a post a few months ago where I made some guesses about the characters and what role they would play in the story. It was a gut check for if they good or bad too

LOOK AT MY GUESSES.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Some of em were close, some where off. You did better than I did!

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#3 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I guessed the way the game would end and I really wish I had been wrong. Only thing I missed was the choice. Still, you were damn close on some.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BisonHero

Your guesses also serve to remind me just how little the classmates factor into episode 3-5. Like, Victoria and Nathan and Warren are still kinda major players, and that's about it. Even Warren is debatable, since Max never involves him in the investigation team with Chloe and he doesn't know what's going on until the very end.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your guesses also serve to remind me just how little the classmates factor into episode 3-5. Like, Victoria and Nathan and Warren are still kinda major players, and that's about it. Even Warren is debatable, since Max never involves him in the investigation team with Chloe and he doesn't know what's going on until the very end.

Yeah, I had guessed (hoped) people like Juliet Ward and Dana Ward would factor in more. I'm happy Warren got at least some part in the ending, but I was obviously thinking all the students had a hand in what happened (just plain wrong) and woudl contribute to the solution (not even close). I feel sort of bad I thought Stella was so evil, I would love a "deconstruction" interview with the producers and writer about thing that might have been cut out. I think there were some story paths they set up that they didn't use, or were such good red herrings that they fooled a lot of players as to where things "could go".

JUST ONE MORE THING....
    I just had a thought, it's weird, but it woudl have been totally possible. Have Max give a final monologue about what she thinks went right or wrong, and who she says it to, and what she says if based on who is saved : Town or Chloe.

If the ending is you choose to save the town - Max could give the eulogy over Chloe's coffin. The player would pick each phrase and could decide what to tell and what to say differently. The objective of this is you have a choice to blame or forgive other characters. Do you say "Blackwell 'failed' Chloe when they expelled a troubled girl who needed connections", hanging the principal and students out to dry. Or do you say, "Blackwell was where Chloe meet her best friend, and where I have leaned to value my friends more" thus making the faculty and students feel better. Do you say, "Chloe learned to love her stepfather in the end and was so thankful David saved me." Or do you say, "She was bullied at home and thus got into the wrong crowed to borrow money trying to escape an abusive home" So throughout teh eulogy you can look to the positive or negative of police, faculty, student, and Price Family actions.

If you choose to save Chloe, Max give a monologue where you place blame on Chloe or the town for different parts of the outcome. I think when you save Chloe especially there needed to be a "Chloe I just need to say this...." moment as they pass by the wreckage. Max and Chloe are obviously thinking and I woudl at least like to illuminate what Max has to say.

I think that sort of choose "what Max says" woudl have been an awesome ending, because you could create the 'closure with characters' YOU want.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BisonHero

@monkeyking1969: Yeah, there's some merit to your style of ending, and I wonder if DONTNOD considered that sort of ending. I bet on some level they were aware that there are so many ways you could write that ending poorly so it ends up too preachy and would rub some players the wrong way.

So I give credit to both endings, where they are nearly wordless once you make your choice on the lighthouse cliff with Chloe, and music plays as you see the aftermath of your choice. It gives you space to reflect on what happened.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Yeah, there's some merit to your style of ending, and I wonder if DONTNOD considered that sort of ending. I bet on some level they were aware that there are so many ways you could write that ending poorly so it ends up too preachy and would rub some players the wrong way.

So I give credit to both endings, where they are nearly wordless once you make your choice on the lighthouse cliff with Chloe, and music plays as you see the aftermath of your choice. It gives you space to reflect on what happened.

I'm not really against their ending, it works for me, when you save the town at least. It just occured to me how I would end it, and I do have a flair for the dramatic. I also think the idea of a eulogy is fraught with possibilities...how do you sum up events or people...who do you REALLY trust to do that.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

This prediction was eerily creepy: Max may be one of Mr. Jefferson's victims <shivers>

You were coming at it from a different angle, but still.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By monkeyking1969
    @clagnaught said:

This prediction was eerily creepy: Max may be one of Mr. Jefferson's victims <shivers>

You were coming at it from a different angle, but still.

I think the scary one is

Nathan Prescott (drug dealer, son of wealthy Prescott family)

Accidently killed Rachel Amber when he drugged her. Some of the other stuff were good guess or filling in blanks of some evidence, but the accidental nature and who did it was spot on....even if I do say so myself.

I do like that I was very wrong about certain things. Nobody on that campus REALLy knew what happend with Rachel Amber, and my guess that others have evidences to piece together was wrong. Only Nathan and Mr Jefferson knew, and unless I'm wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.