Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 21, 2013

The final game in Lightning's story arc in the Final Fantasy XIII universe.

Gear and Combat (minor spoilers)

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Lets set the record straight first that I've completed both XIII and XIII-2 with relatively no issues but I feel like I'm having a harder time grasping the schema system more than I should. I know how to stagger foes and what to hit them with but I guess the bigger issue I have is with upgrading and managing my time effectively.

I'm currently on Day 6 (4 to go but not too worried that I won't get to 13) and have completed the Main Quests for Luxerion and Dead Dunes. I have the flying chocobo now and have started the Sazh quest line. I feel that completing the main stories one area at a time seems to be the most effective for me but not for the game. Any tips would help greatly. I spam Chronostasis as much as I can to make getting from one area to another easier.

In terms of the combat I guess I'm just having a hard time grasping how things like Blitz 2 is better then Heavy Slash 2 or Attack 2. Or what schema layouts to are the most effective. I typically run around with a pretty effective great against anything set but certain things always give me trouble. Chocobo Eaters are particularly tough as an example of where I'm at. Omega versions of the regular mobs too. I know I could probably switch schema's to fight the harder things but that leaves me vulnerable to the easier things. That said though I probably should just do that cause combat is pretty non-essential unless you are trying to build up your EP or Farm drops.

Anwyays thanks in advance. Really liking the game just wish I hadn't been so late to the party.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.