Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Wait...WHAT!!!! (LIMBO spoilers)

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NekuCTR

It was all a dream! 

Did I seriously just pay $20 for the "it was all a dream" story. I mean the game was fun and the puzzles were tricky and imaginative but cummon, you cant be serious. After all i've been through it was all a fucking Dream!?!?! I'm sure that there is a crazy hidden meaning to the whole game, but the fact of the matter is I expected better from this game. I expected for there to be an overlaying theme that would culminate into an eerie and possibly depressing ending, but in the end you just wake up, walk ten feet, find your sister, and fade to black. 

But regardless of that I still enjoyed playing it and recommend it.

littledreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By littledreamer

and then when you look back at the title screen you see two corpses with flies buzzing over them in the exact positions of the child and his sister :]

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You crash through a pane of glass, get up, find your sister, fade to title screen where there's flies buzzing over corpses where you and your sister where. Not depressing enough? 

and IMO at least it was not a dream.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

Yeah, I don't think it was a dream either.

The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The_Painted

Out of curiosity, why on earth do you think it was a dream? That thought didn't even enter my head when I finished it.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MancombSeepgood
    @The_Painted said:
    " Out of curiosity, why on earth do you think it was a dream? That thought didn't even enter my head when I finished it. "
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By turboman

Was the top still spinning?

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Noodlearms
    @TurboMan said:
    " Was the top still spinning? "
    Saw that movie for the second time tonight, haha. 
    Also, this game is the shit. I think I'm going to go through it again since I played with the volume kinda low but didn't notice it since I thought the game was supposed to be quiet...I think I missed a lot of the ambient sounds/noises. And yeah, the ending is really fucked up in a great way. Idk, the ambient music and the flies over the corpses at the title screen gives me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can think of few game's that have really made me this...disturbed, I guess would be the word. In a good way though, if that makes any sense. The end scene with the glass breaking and him walking up to her afterward is like looping in my head. Damn. 
     (Brad's Lord of The Flies vibe that he got is dead accurate. I think this is around the same feeling I had while reading that book. Btw, one of the best books I've ever read. Check it out if you haven't.  I still remember many of the scenes like I was there...one in particular.) 
    VanRedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By VanRedd

My interpretation was that a boy and his sister were playing in their tree house when somehow they fell out and died. The boy and girl are in purgatory and he must reunite with her to find his way to heaven.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haru48 said:
    " It was all a dream!   Did I seriously just pay $20 for the "it was all a dream" story. I mean the game was fun and the puzzles were tricky and imaginative but cummon, you cant be serious. After all i've been through it was all a fucking Dream!?!?! I'm sure that there is a crazy hidden meaning to the whole game, but the fact of the matter is I expected better from this game. I expected for there to be an overlaying theme that would culminate into an eerie and possibly depressing ending, but in the end you just wake up, walk ten feet, find your sister, and fade to black.   But regardless of that I still enjoyed playing it and recommend it. "
    $20?
    dunderri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dunderri

I just wish that when you fall down, you get back up and it's level 1 all over again. Like a never-ending cycle, the kid is permanently stuck there and has to adapt to the environment, ie becoming one of those other kids that tried to kill your early in the game.

Earthborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Earthborn

Yesterday I went and saw Inception, but turned out that was a dream as well. Good thing, though. It kinda sucked in my dream.
    DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DriveupLife
    @Earthborn: 
    Way to spoil a movie that's been out for less than a week asshole.

EDIT: Oh, you had a dream about seeing the movie, my bad.
    Jugganut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jugganut

Lol, he didn't spoil the movie.  You just dreamed he did.

Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tsukiyomi
    @VanRedd said:
    " My interpretation was that a boy and his sister were playing in their tree house when somehow they fell out and died. The boy and girl are in purgatory and he must reunite with her to find his way to heaven. "
    This was basically my interpretation of it, though I'm not too sure if they were trying to reunite to go to Heaven (would certainly be nice though). I was more under the impression that the boy did not realize he was dead and was simply looking for his sister. It was in this state of limbo that certain aspects of his life would manifest themselves in various ways e.g. his fear of spiders.
    The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By The_Painted
    @hedfone:  About the $20 thing, perhaps he's in Canada like myself. Since Microsoft insists on using their slightly annoying MS Points system, I had to pay $14 for 1000 points and then a separate $7 for another 500 to have enough to get this game. Or I could have drove to the store and got a 1600 point card for a flat $20. I don't regret it though, I really enjoyed it.
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By TwoLines
    @Tsukiyomi said:

" @VanRedd said:

" My interpretation was that a boy and his sister were playing in their tree house when somehow they fell out and died. The boy and girl are in purgatory and he must reunite with her to find his way to heaven. "

This was basically my interpretation of it, though I'm not too sure if they were trying to reunite to go to Heaven (would certainly be nice though). I was more under the impression that the boy did not realize he was dead and was simply looking for his sister. It was in this state of limbo that certain aspects of his life would manifest themselves in various ways e.g. his fear of spiders. "
    Interesting thought, so that would mean the other kids were picking on him when he was still alive- judging by how the kids in LIMBO reacted to the main character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.