Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Little King's Story

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 24, 2009

Little King's Story is a simulation RPG co-developed by Town Factory and Cing for the Nintendo Wii and published by Marvelous Entertainment. Playing as the young King of a Village, the goal is to expand the kingdom and make its population happy.

Anybody playing this?

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bekern

Been playing this the last few days, pretty fun, game has a lot of charm. A lot of things about it bug me though, mostly the controls/menus. My party is up to 23 guys now and it's kind of pain keeping track of them all. I wish there was a way to control them more-something similar to Pikmin's use of the c-stick. Sometimes my dudes will get stuck behind things or a couple of them will fall off a platform and it's a pain to backtrack and retrieve them. Also pointer controls would have been nice, especially for aiming your little dudes. Sometimes it's hard to see the aiming indicator and I'll just totally miss my intended target, sending my whole team into a wall :/.

I love the boss battles so far, I just beat the quiz boss which was pretty cool. I haven't had anybody die permanently yet though, the most I had die was 9 but they surprisingly all washed up the next day...

So yeah how are you guys liking it? TBH it really makes me want to go back and replay Pikmin hah.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Is it even out?

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By erinfizz
    @TheMustacheHero: It was out last week.

I am in possession of a copy and will try it out tomorrow. Coffeesash recommended it.
    bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bekern
    @TheMustacheHero:  Yup got my copy from gamestop a couple days ago.

@erinfizz:
    Yeah it's really fun. Looking again It seemed like I was bitching a lot above, but I've been loving it and am addicted to it :P.

I wonder if GB is doing a review? They had that mailbag video a little while ago that showed they got it.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By buzz_clik
    @bekern: Jeff said in the last I Love Mondays that they would be checking it out.

Makari has done a couple of blogs that have made me interested in this title.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @erinfizz said:
    " @TheMustacheHero: It was out last week. I am in possession of a copy and will try it out tomorrow. Coffeesash recommended it. "

And I reccomended it to coffeesash ;) ;)

edit:

Yeah the UI and controls make things difficult, when they could be so easy, but aside from that, and pacing, it's pretty darn awesome.

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Food

I got this game yesterday.  Yeah, the controls can be a little clunky, but the game is a lot of fun despite that.  Expanding your kingdom and buying buildings and power ups is a great hook and it keeps you coming back for more.  That this game is getting so little publicity is criminal.   Hopefully once american reviews start to get published people will catch on.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bekern
    @Food said:
    " I got this game yesterday.  Yeah, the controls can be a little clunky, but the game is a lot of fun despite that.  Expanding your kingdom and buying buildings and power ups is a great hook and it keeps you coming back for more.  That this game is getting so little publicity is criminal.   Hopefully once american reviews start to get published people will catch on. "
    Unfortunatly I think this may just end up being one of those great games that doesn't sell well. I tried showing it to my friend who absolutely loves pikmin but he just complained about how crappy the graphics were..

I saw a story on silconera that they are planning a sequal though :).
    http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/29/kimura-san-you-just-said-super-little-kings-story/

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

Totally off-topic BUT, I love your avatar.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

I liked the Harvest Moon game on my GameCube alot and used to play it for hours. I don't own a Wii but I think I'll buy this for my niece as a birthday present so I can watch her enjoy it.

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spiredcrescent

i tried so hard to like pikmin and hated it. am i safe to assume this game isn't for me?

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bekern
    @spiredcrescent: Well it depends on what you didn't like about Pikmin. While this game is pretty similar to it, there is a lot of ways it's different. I consider this game easier for one thing, it doesn't have the time limit pikmin had and you can breeze through some bosses with the right combination of party members and equipment. There is only 3 different classes of pikmin (and 5 in pikmin 2?), while this game probably has over 10 different classes. Each class is good at certain things and a limited party size can make choosing the right combination of people important. Which brings up the point that you don't control nearly as many people in pikmin, I'm about half way through the game and my party cap is at 23 right now.

They also have a while kingdom building element in it. When you beat certain bosses you take over more land and can buy more houses, which add more citizens, and certain houses you build allow you to unlock new classes. Unfortunately you don't have much control over the houses other then when you want to build them, as they appear in preset positions. Along with buildings though you can buy upgrades for your team (new equipment, more health, more attack power).

Also Pikmin was pretty much just fetch questing, while this game is more about fighting bosses. There is a mission structure set up where you can choose certain missions to play out or you could just explore and find more places and bosses to conquer.

In the end though maybe you should just check out the quick look GB put out today and see for yourself: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-little-kings-story/17-1119/

@Snail: Thanks :). I got it from this manga: Chi's Sweet Home. There is also an anime based off it with the same name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.