How do I suspend things in the air

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
#1 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (515 posts) -

I'm trying to make a level, but I can't figure out how to just make things stick in mid-air.  Do they always need to be attached to something on the ground?

Also how do I make stuff rotate on its own.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
#2 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

You gotta use gears fool, they explain all this in the tutorial. 

Spend an hour listening to Stephen Fry, yo.

#3 Edited by thehuntsmen5434 (515 posts) -

I'll have to go back and look. I swear I tried everything. I have a block of wood with like every nut and blot and add on attached to it.

#4 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1220 posts) -

i do not have lbp2 so there may be other options but in lbp1 you just use antimatter.  and to make things rotate use the bolts or motors, i suggest doing the tutorial for the game as that would tell you all of this and more.

#5 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (515 posts) -

I did the tutorials, I must of missed it.  When the guy starts talking I like tune him out........... he's annoying lol.

#6 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1994 posts) -
@thehuntsmen5434 said:
" I did the tutorials, I must of missed it.  When the guy starts talking I like tune him out........... he's annoying lol. "
Did you just call Stephen Fry annoying?

Man, you are gonna get your ass beat so hard.
#7 Posted by KarlPilkington (2810 posts) -
@thehuntsmen5434 said:
" I did the tutorials, I must of missed it.  When the guy starts talking I like tune him out........... he's annoying lol. "
STEPHEN FRY IS GOD, CURSE YOU.
#8 Posted by EVO (4029 posts) -
@thehuntsmen5434 said:
" I'm trying to make a level, but I can't figure out how to just make things stick in mid-air. "
Dark matter.
#9 Posted by Cmdc00kie (45 posts) -

Use anti-gravity tool and just stick it on the object you want to float and set dampening to 100% which will stop it from floating around when it gets bumped.

#10 Edited by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

To be fair, I kinda find Fry annoying in this game. He's just too precious about it.  It was fun the first time around, but they shoulda got the other half of Fry and Laurie to do the sequel. It would only be fair.  

I'm pretty sure two bolts is enough to make immovable objects. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.