Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2012

LittleBigPlanet comes to the PlayStation Vita harnessing the touchscreen capabilities by expanding the toolset and gameplay.

Gamestop is selling LittleBigPlanet PS Vita early

MKO619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MKO619

go now if you want to get this game

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mars

It's true! GameStop computers show the release date as being removed. Just got mine!

Salesmunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Salesmunn

@MKO619 said:

go now if you want to get this game

Yes sir, picked my copy up today. The servers aren't up yet, it should be a week before that even happens. It's an awesome game, very impressed so far.

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By solidejake

Any of you bros know how to get the Pre-Order DLC? I downloaded the code on the inside, but it said online pass, and so far, I don't have any of the characters.

TheBioLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBioLover

Cool, I'll probably go pick it up now.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By robcat09

@solidejake said:

Any of you bros know how to get the Pre-Order DLC? I downloaded the code on the inside, but it said online pass, and so far, I don't have any of the characters.

Any DLC stuff will become unlocked on Tuesday when they start up the online servers. That online pass code is good for the pre-order DLC so it should just show up once you are able to log in on Tuesday.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spoonman671

Yeah, Sony lifted the release date a few days ago.

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By knetic2341

So I can just walk into my local Gamestop and grab a copy no problem?

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By bemusedchunk

For those in Maine or New Hampshire they are also selling it at Bullmoose Music. Preorder bonuses included!!

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By solidejake

@robcat09: Thank you. I can't wait for the servers to be up.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ttocs

Wow, didn't realize it went out early.  I just put a hold request in for my local GameStop, hopefully they have it.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jesterroyal

A little off topic, but to those who have played it. Is it pretty much a LBP game with floaty jumps and all?

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By robcat09

@jesterroyal said:

A little off topic, but to those who have played it. Is it pretty much a LBP game with floaty jumps and all?

They didn't change what LBP is at its core. If you didn't like the original, this probably won't convert you.

'Floaty jumps' is what makes the game what it is, so if that's a negative for you, definitely stay away.

I have played the two PS3 games, as well as the PSP one, and now that I have finished the main story of the Vita game I feel that it has the best 'campaign' out of all of them. I am very excited to see what the community comes up with once that gets going. I always feel like spending $40 on a game like this is very well justified because I know there will be new, free content to explore every time I boot it up!

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jesterroyal

@robcat09 said:

@jesterroyal said:

They didn't change what LBP is at its core. If you didn't like the original, this probably won't convert you.

'Floaty jumps' is what makes the game what it is, so if that's a negative for you, definitely stay away.

I have played the two PS3 games, as well as the PSP one, and now that I have finished the main story of the Vita game I feel that it has the best 'campaign' out of all of them. I am very excited to see what the community comes up with once that gets going. I always feel like spending $40 on a game like this is very well justified because I know there will be new, free content to explore every time I boot it up!

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I love the premise and level design of LBP but it never felt great to me. I figured it was as much and that I should probably pass (I've fallen off too many platforms and felt like i had no control in lbp 1) but thanks for the confirmation. I do hope it does well because a victory for the vita is a victory for us all.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By l4wd0g

is it coming to the PSN Store today?

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Von

It's out now on the PSN store. 1.6GB, and sloooowly downloading. Can't wait to play it!

Salesmunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Salesmunn

@robcat09 said:

@jesterroyal said:

I absolutely agree, the campaign is the best of the series. This is one of the greatest handheld games I've ever played.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Rowr

This seems to be available on the vita store in Australia - although only as one of the larger icons at the top and not updated in the lists.

At the moment it has 2 out of 5 stars out of 250 user reviews and it's frightening me off.

Does anyone know what the hell that's about?

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Von

@Rowr said:

This seems to be available on the vita store in Australia - although only as one of the larger icons at the top and not updated in the lists.

At the moment it has 2 out of 5 stars out of 250 user reviews and it's frightening me off.

Does anyone know what the hell that's about?

Yep. Sony fucked up their digital release so those of us who bought it early (in Europe and Australia) got a copy that didn't work. The playstation blog seems to indicate that they've fixed it now. There were a lot of angry people complaining about it so I guess they one and two star'ed it since every other review I've read (including videos from both gamer sites and private persons on youtube) awarded it with top rates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.