Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

Europeans To Get LBP As A PlayStation Plus Bonus

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

The other day, my veterinarian gave me tranquilizers for my cat Hannibal. She gets pretty feisty when in a cage, so my impending move doesn't bode well for her if I don't get narcotics. And while I have no idea what that has to do with PlayStation Plus or the fact that the Europeans will receive Media Molecule's radical LittleBigPlanet upon signing up for a year with the service, I'd thought I'd tell you. We're friends. We share things. Maybe that's what I'm going for here.

Regardless of subscription type (there's two; 90 and 365 days), Europeans eager to get auto firmware updates under PlayStation Plus will get multiple games with a subscription. The introductory outlier is LBP as I've just mentioned, but each month Sony will give away at least one PSN game, two PSP Minis titles, and a solo PS One classic to all subscribers. Wipeout HD, Field Runners, Age of Zombies and PS One classic Destruction Derby will be the first of these available June 29 through August 3. 

This is just like that one guy who did that one thing. You know, the guy with the axe and dyslexic kid? 
    This is just like that one guy who did that one thing. You know, the guy with the axe and dyslexic kid? 

Once the list is refreshed, the selected games will no longer be downloadable for free. For example, on August 4, Zen Pinball, Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death, and PS One classic Medievil will replace WipeoutHD and the others. But if you caught the previous deals the games are yours until you quit paying for the service. The same doesn't go for LBP; SCEE will let you have it even if you don't renew. However, if you don't catch it before August 3, provided you've signed up for a year, it won't be available.

As of right now, no US-specific introductory offers have been announced. I assume one will be announced soon and that the giveaway will be LBP, but that's mere speculation from a dude who tranquilizes his cat. Not that there's anything wrong with it, sirs.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

The other day, my veterinarian gave me tranquilizers for my cat Hannibal. She gets pretty feisty when in a cage, so my impending move doesn't bode well for her if I don't get narcotics. And while I have no idea what that has to do with PlayStation Plus or the fact that the Europeans will receive Media Molecule's radical LittleBigPlanet upon signing up for a year with the service, I'd thought I'd tell you. We're friends. We share things. Maybe that's what I'm going for here.

Regardless of subscription type (there's two; 90 and 365 days), Europeans eager to get auto firmware updates under PlayStation Plus will get multiple games with a subscription. The introductory outlier is LBP as I've just mentioned, but each month Sony will give away at least one PSN game, two PSP Minis titles, and a solo PS One classic to all subscribers. Wipeout HD, Field Runners, Age of Zombies and PS One classic Destruction Derby will be the first of these available June 29 through August 3. 

Once the list is refreshed, the selected games will no longer be downloadable for free. For example, on August 4, Zen Pinball, Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death, and PS One classic Medievil will replace WipeoutHD and the others. But if you caught the previous deals the games are yours until you quit paying for the service. The same doesn't go for LBP; SCEE will let you have it even if you don't renew. However, if you don't catch it before August 3, provided you've signed up for a year, it won't be available.

As of right now, no US-specific introductory offers have been announced. I assume one will be announced soon and that the giveaway will be LBP, but that's mere speculation from a dude who tranquilizes his cat. Not that there's anything wrong with it, sirs.
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Gotta do something with it, I guess.  

EDIT: Woah, the quest counts for articles now too?! SWEET!

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SumDeus

sweet

Avatar image for deactivated-65e3079d16391
    deactivated-65e3079d16391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

What WOULD exactly happen to those who already owned the game? Would they get a second copy? A rebate for DLC, maybe?

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SumDeus
    @TheCreamFilling: CURSE YOU! SO CLOSE TO GETTING THAT DAMN QUEST!
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCreamFilling
    @SumDeus: And I didn't even care about the quest, LULZ.  

Gotta be fast though, I read the article and typed a sentence before you just typed "sweet". You can't want it, you have to NEED it!
    MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Well, if we're starting a full disclosure practice, I should probably mention that my tonsillectomy did not go as planned, although my uncle did settle that lawsuit over the dildo shaped car accessory, so I guess that balances things out a bit.

RanchLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By RanchLizard

Not much plus in PSN plus...

TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCreamFilling
    @Meltbrain: Oh, I just assumed it didn't because the quest set is "AV Club".
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty

This is very old news. :|

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By gingertastic_10

Pretty cool.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gruff182

Boo, I already have LBP as should all PS3 owners. I hope theres an option.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Sweet

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By VicRattlehead

cross game chat isnt in so neither am i.... thanks but no thanks mr sony

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#16  Edited By Jazz

You gotta note that it looks like Sony are actively going to start putting on full retail games on PSN. They've got Infamous for download the week after launch i think. It comes under the 'plus 1hr demo' thing.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN+ is a pretty good deal as far as your money is concerned. The "owning the games only while subscribed" thing that everyone is crying foul about isn't really that big of a deal since a year is a long time and $50 is so little that all the things you get in this deal will pay itself off. 

Despite it being a good deal there isn't really a lot of incentive for people like me though who only have the time to play the games I really want to play. I'm also afraid that any new features for PSN from now onwards will only be for PSN+.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

Temporary access to a £15 game.  Hold on to your fucking hats, gentlemen.

Edit:  Oh my god the access is permanent!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By fox01313

I think that if they don't do some kind of promotional bonus in the states for PSN+ it will probably sink like PS Home, maybe not sink but not really float, just sitting on the surface while people wave as they sail past.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Radar

You can play them for as long as you're subscribed? Good incentive to keep a reoccurring subscription

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By MjHealy

.....I already own it.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mjk1

I wasn't interested in this at first but after reading all the details for the service at the PS blog, I think I might get it. £40 for a year is a good deal I think.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FLStyle

"the Europeans" eh? It's a good job there's no European users on Giant Bomb to be insulted by being described like 2nd-rate users. Oh wait...

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By hpv
    @Scrumdidlyumptious said:
    " PSN+ is a pretty good deal as far as your money is concerned. The "owning the games only while subscribed" thing that everyone is crying foul about isn't really that big of a deal since a year is a long time and $50 is so little that all the things you get in this deal will pay itself off.  Despite it being a good deal there isn't really a lot of incentive for people like me though who only have the time to play the games I really want to play. I'm also afraid that any new features for PSN from now onwards will only be for PSN+. "
    Assuming that you don't already own the games they're including and that you actually want to play them.  Considering the age of the games they've announced so far I'm not sure that's going to work out that well for most of us.  I've already got all of the games that they've announced so far that I have any interest in playing so at least at the outset it'd a little like throwing away money for me to sign up. 

I might still try it out but at the very least I first need confirmation about game sharing regarding the Playstation Plus games, with multiple PS3s in the house it's kind of a make or break feature for me.
    pepsicolagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By pepsicolagirl
    @FLStyle:
    Totally. 
    Some of my favourite and most repeatedly stated, utterly ignorant comments in the American media are: 
    'There's 20 million Xbox 360's out there / in homes'  
    (theres 40 million sold, literally twice that many - what they mean is that there is 20 million sold in the USA)  

And of course my personal favourite:  
    'the PS3 is struggling / less popular'  
    (hint; there are more PS3's sold in every other region in the entire planet, the one and only exception being the USA).  

After listening to both the GB guys (and guests), as well as pretty much every other american site constantly make comments that display a clear and unadulterated disregard for the worldwide market for like 3 years now, I can honestly say I just block it all out and chalk it up to a cultural thing.   Im sure they dont mean it. 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlwaysAngry

If it's the same for US and we get free LBP, I will buy PSN plus.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Also, poor kitty...

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
    lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

best intro evar

Mechanized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mechanized

Why does Europe get all this free shit from Sony? Give me free shit.

zaphoduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zaphoduk

So if the games only work for the duration of the subscription, how's that gonna work?

If i copy the PSOne title to my PSP to play on the move, how is the PSP going to know if my subscription is still up and running if it never connects to the internet? It's an "on the go" device and as such is almost never connected to the internet. 

I assume as part of the 3.40 dashboard update there's going to be a different type of DRM attached to the free PSN+ items which the PS3 will have to go online to check the subscription is still valid before it executes one of those titles. Are we to assume the PSP will feature a similar firmware update which would require the PSP to connect to the internet every time you want to run one of these free titles?

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I'm confused here and not just by your veterinary story. Do they get a PS3 Blu-Ray disc mailed to them since LBP isn't a downloadable title?

PjotrLeschenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PjotrLeschenko
    @zaphoduk: 
    Excellent question never thought of that, cuz I don't have a PSP, I don't see how that's gonna work...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.