Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lone Echo

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 20, 2017

Lone Echo is a virtual reality space disaster science fiction adventure for the Oculus Rift.

Lone Echo first impressions thread.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

So far the biggest complaint I've heard about this game is that it is too short (4-7 hours to complete).

I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily as who wants to be wearing a headset for a super-extended period?

Otherwise Lone Echo seems to be getting a lot of positive coverage. I'll be putting some time into it over the weekend.

What have been your first impressions with Lone Echo?

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought about preordering but with the diablo 3 season starting the same day I've held off. Looking forward to hearing more about it

prezabelincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played for about a half hour so far. I am really enjoying it so far. I am going to have to take it in small doses being the first game I have played in VR that lets me move freely instead of being in a static location. I already feel attached to the main character and am looking forward to putting some more time in under the hood.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Echo Arena is like Blitzball in VR which is something I need in my life. It looks super interesting and can't wait for the crew to take a peek at it. Jeff has called it out before so it's coming.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By extintor

So I have put about 3 hours into this game so far and I'm really enjoying the experience (albeit in small 45 min doses).

The touch controllers and their use as a means to grab things in order to move around inside the space station (I haven't been outside yet) combined with the wrist-jets-in-any-direction propusion work very well indeed.

It is super-neat to push off against a wall and then use both your wrist jets to alter your vector and velocity with a high degree of finesse. The zero-g space station locale feels like an ideal game world for VR movement in this sense.

The story is intriguing too. Definitely a cut above most other VR titles in terms of development polish.

MFJubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hit some pretty gnarly performance issues once I got to space but otherwise I'm having a great time. Echo Arena is great, except I keep punching shit (even with Guardian enabled) and facing away from my two sensors.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played for about a half hour so far. I am really enjoying it so far. I am going to have to take it in small doses being the first game I have played in VR that lets me move freely instead of being in a static location. I already feel attached to the main character and am looking forward to putting some more time in under the hood.

The Captain? Yes - she is well scripted and very well voice acted. Likeable and sympathetic. A good case study in how to write a well balanced female character in a game.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By extintor

This game is really something noteworthy. If considered together with Lone Echo arena (which it probably should be), this is probably the most polished VR release of the year so far. I'll probably gather my thoughts and write more extensively in either a blog or review form at some point.

demasiaduh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By demasiaduh

The best singleplayer story driven game in VR that I played so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The best singleplayer story driven game in VR that I played so far.

Agreed just finished this game today holy shit!! I never been so immersed in a story and setting like this the graphics are the best I have ever seen. Liv and Jack's relationship is a really cool it reminds alot of T2 in ways this is my game of the year so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played abouttwo hours so far and my first impressions are positive. The movement system feels good and the enviroments are fun to explore. I turned on the free turning and I haven't felt sick but if you are new to VR I think that this game may be not the best experience to begin with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.