Trials meets Dirt

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

Has anyone else been playing this game? It might be one of the games on my GOTY list. The visuals are stunning, the trails are varied and difficult, and there seems like a ton to unlock. I just throw on a Spotify playlist go.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By glots

I saw this pop up on Twitter and it looked pretty fun. Only learned now that it's available on Game Pass too, so probably going to give it a poke at some point.

Maybe this is a Trials substitute for @brad to pick up on UPF...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Loving this game on PC GamePass so far. I think it strays far enough from what Trials does to be its own thing to be honest. Flying down a mountain and hitting hard turns on the switchbacks feels so good.

Plus, whenever you find a shortcut that isn't clearly marked it feels like you are cheating. I found a cut on the first route that meant a segment took 9 seconds and I'm 8th in the world. Feels great.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up this game today. It feels great when you nail the right path and the open nature of the tracks encourages you to experiment with new pathways and shortcuts.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looks interesting, I'll be sure to check it out since it's on Game Pass

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hassun: one of my all time faves, the perfect distillation of the ssx, Freestyle age

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried it on gamepass

I definitely see parts of this that I love and could go down a dark road with this.

But still can't find a control scheme that works for me. And the camera angle makes it a lot harder to react to what is coming up and requires a lot more memorization.

I think the Trials comparison is probable accurate, but I would say this is more to Trials as Mario 64 was to SMB. VERY different games with a VERY different emphasis, but they both hang out together at x-mas.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: one of my all time faves, the perfect distillation of the ssx, Freestyle age

I want more of that white knuckle type racing and not vehicles just ploughing through the scenery.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I also really dug Kinetica at the time though idk how it aged

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sahalarious: Kinetica. Man, I've been trying to remember the name of that game forever. Thanks for the blast from the past. And I had no idea it was re-released in 2016.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikewhy: oh man how did that sneak by me? I'm gonna have to get it out of morbid curiosity. Those sensual wheel ladies had an effect on 11 year old me haha

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I also really dug Kinetica at the time though idk how it aged

Never played that one. Didn't know they rereleased it on PS4 as well.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bought this last night and this game rules!

I love to go mountain biking in real life, so this scratches a certain itch when the weather is crappy. The physics are a lot of fun, being able to bite into corners and slide out feels great.

I also really like how you can kind of make your own route, so long as your not sending it down some massive drop.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Friends and I started playing this game past week and we absolutely love it! The best part is that the time goals are forgiving in that your time isn't persistent through crashes. When you checkpoints it resets so you can just GO for it and put together the perfect limitless crash run.

Besides the checkpoints, there's no stopping you from going whichever way you want. The freedom makes it a blast just trying to find little shortcuts.

Feel like the equipment progression could be a bit quicker so you can start doing more crazy stuff.

This is my gem of the year, for sure.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got this recently and it is pretty sweet. I'm also feeling the Trackmania and NFS:Underground vibes with the track shortcuts and upgrades. Plus the crashes are pretty "realistic" compared to Trials so it captures the anxiousness and thrill of mountain biking quite well.

I probably shouldn't be braking so much but it seems very binary by being full on/off even with an analog controller. It looks and sounds pretty amazing as well if you dig the art style.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.