werupenstein's Long Live the Queen (PC) review

Avatar image for werupenstein

hyper-girly

It's one of those games that you end up with through some bundle deal or Steam sale that I wouldn't normally go looking for but for some reason I keep coming back to this one.

I've never played a game quite like this before, it seems really simple at first then the game throws a bunch of curve balls at you and then you are dead; over and over and over again.

It was fun learning the traps and how to avoid them as I progressed through the story.

The branching story was most impressive, it really feels like a very different experience each time you play, it's almost like this game is the answer for the complaint most people have with Telltale games; the choices actually matter here and things you do early in the game can have a massive impact on how you progress even in late game.

Not really a big fan of the aesthetic, it was well done, just not for me.

Other reviews for Long Live the Queen (PC)

Little girls dream of being queens—but ruling a kingdom is hard! 0

Little girls dream of being queens—but ruling a kingdom is harder than you would think. Long Live the Queen is a cute visual novel that combines elements from tabletop strategy games with in-depth stat building to create a choose-your-own-adventure journey to queendom. The road to rulership is never easy, though, and players of Long Live the Queen will find themselves dazzled by a vast array of possible death scenarios and addicted to the thrill of finding new strategies to overcome obstac...

I liked it. Here's why. 0

I enjoyed Long Live the Queen. The game plays like a choose your own adventure story (i.e. digital novel). The main decision you get to make each turn is how you will spend your time studying, and that can be impacted by your "mood", which gives bonuses or penalties to your classes. I found that managing my mood against where I put my points was fun, and I felt that the story within was compelling enough that I spent a weekend playing.That said, Long Live the Queen is not a particularly deep g...