Looney Tunes B-Ball, or Looney Tunes Basketball in Europe, is a licensed Arcade-style basketball game featuring eight characters from the Looney Tunes franchise. Each character has their own strengths and weaknesses, such as their defense and ability to score three-pointers, as well as their own unique animations for special shots.
While the game uses standard basketball rules, the player can also opt to include comedic prop power-ups that can cause the other team to get stunned or distracted, or help the player's team in some way. The regularity of these power-ups can be set via a "wacky meter" on the options menu.
One day Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck finish acting out an episode of Looney Tunes on a stage. Daffy calmly says "Another day, another artistic triumph."
Bugs Bunny decides to challenge Daffy Duck with "Not bad. Think you can keep up in a game o' hoops?"
"Surely you jest!" Daffy responds, "Lead the way, rabbit. I've got more dunks than a donut shop."
Just then, a basketball that was sitting to the side of the stage turns into a dog and runs away. In astonishment and awe, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck pursue this dog basketball.
There is a total of eight playable characters within this each either with those own statistics in the categories of shooting, 3 pointers, defense, speed, and stamina. Games are played as 2 vs. 2 only.
- Bugs Bunny
- Daffy Duck
- Elmer Fudd
- Wile E. Coyote
- Tasmanian Devil
- Yosemite Sam
- Sylvester the Cat
- Marvin the Martian
Power-ups can be used by spending money collected through gems that appear randomly on the court.
- Cream pie (10 cents) - The character throws a cream pie at the opponent, stunning him for a few seconds. If the pie misses the opponent, the player must duck to avoid getting hit with the pie themselves.
- Long Range (10 cents) - The player launches the ball from far away for a high percentage 3 point shot. Each Looney Tune has a unique animation for doing so.
- Time Bomb (15 cents) - The ball transforms into a time bomb. The players then pass it back and forth with their opponents. Whoever is holding the bomb when it explodes is stunned.
- Defense (15 cents) - Each Looney Tune has a unique animation that stuns one or both of the opposing players.
- Eclipse (20 cents) - The entire screen turns pitch black.
- Back Door/Teleport (30 cents) - The players not holding the ball is teleported to directly under the rim on the opposite side of the court.
- Forcefield (50 cents) - The players glows and is impervious to steals.
- Vegas (50 cents) - The score board turns into slot machine reels. When the player makes a shot, the reels stop. The number of gems on the reels correspond to a multiplier applied to the shot. If the reels stop on 3 bomb, the shot is worth 0 points. Dunking negates this power-up.