Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Odyssey

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 12, 2008

Lost Odyssey tells the epic journey of Kaim, a 1000 year old immortal with no memory of his past. He soon discovers there are other immortals as a conspiracy begins to unravel.

Ok I think I just suck at JRPG's

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lozz

I've been really wanting to play some JRPG's lately as I've been feeling like I want something long and story driven. I picked up Lost Odyssey, put two hours into it and I'm just stuck. I feel like nothing has happened at all, I just got to the top of a cliff where you can see grand staff then this boss flying lion things turns up and owns me. I tried it about 4 or 5 times. This is the first JRPG Ive ever played so I might be doing something wrong. Its annoying, I just want to play the game.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Better than me man.  I played about 20 minutes, thought, wow, this looks hard and went off to play Eternal Sonata instead.  Now with Infinite Undiscovery (not to mention Tales of Symphonia and Rune Factory on the Wii), Lost Odyssey just keeps getting pushed back as the "next" game I play.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

The first boss is the hardest don't worry about it. It took me a while to beat him too after that you will be fine. Lost Osyssey was also my first JRPG i played beside Pokemon red. What LVL are you whats your formation and do you have he ring that lets you see enemy HP.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I am a rookie JRPG player as well. Back when it first came out I got real put off by Final Fantasy VII and never played another game with turn based combat in it until this year. I have been playing the Persona games (just beat 3) and it has given me a new lease of life on the genre. Lost Oddessy is one of the games I have bought since that I intend to play.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne
    @Lozz said:
    this boss flying lion things turns up and owns me. I tried it about 4 or 5 times.
    Ha ha, you know, that first boss is actually by far the hardest of the game, including the final boss. This one and the worm that comes after. Hint: Use items. Lots of items.
    Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lozz
    @zombie2011 said:
    "  What LVL are you whats your formation and do you have he ring that lets you see enemy HP. "
    Well I had that dickhead guy at the back with Seth and Taim at the front. Unfortunately I don't have that ring yet so I could have been really close. The longest I lasted was using the front to attack and use items with dickhead guy or whatever his name is casting spells. I think I was lvl 12 or 13.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok
    @Lozz: Go back to the area just before the cabin and grind a little (if you are still able to get enough Exp). Try and gain a level. Maxing the amount of levels they let you have in an area is pretty much required right now.

After a certain amount of levels they will start giving you only 1-3 Exp for a character, so that's when you stop grinding in that area (when no one is getting good Exp anymore). They put this in the game to encourage forward motion and less grinding, but you should still get up to the point where this happens.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Illmatic
    @PureRok said:

" @Lozz: Go back to the area just before the cabin and grind a little (if you are still able to get enough Exp). Try and gain a level. Maxing the amount of levels they let you have in an area is pretty much required right now.  After a certain amount of levels they will start giving you only 1-3 Exp for a character, so that's when you stop grinding in that area (when no one is getting good Exp anymore). They put this in the game to encourage forward motion and less grinding, but you should still get up to the point where this happens. "

To add to this, many of the bosses have some specific way to go about taking them down. Since you can't beat bosses simply by overpowering them half the time in this game due to the artificial level cap every few areas, you have to figure out their weaknesses and when to do what. In other words, you'll probably die alot in some of these boss encounters.
    Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lozz

Thanks for the help everyone. I managed to get past it by doing what PureRok said and grinding a bit. Also figuring out which of Jansens spells the boss is weak against is really useful.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By makari
    @Lozz said:
    " Thanks for the help everyone. I managed to get past it by doing what PureRok said and grinding a bit. Also figuring out which of Jansens spells the boss is weak against is really useful. "
    One thing to remember about weaknesses from this point on if you haven't realised already is to keep a good mix of rings for your melee characters, and remember that you can press left when it's their turn to switch out which rings they are wearing mid-fight and match them to the weaknesses of who you're fighting. It doesn't take up your turn to switch, and you'll be doing it ALOT over the course of the game.
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By mattysen

Dude, the second boss will own the shit out of you. The first boss is like "Oh this is hard" but the next you will shit your pants in anger

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By lucas_kelly

That boss is easy if you level up to the max level for the area. Its the next boss that is really hard.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By zoozilla
    @lucas_kelly said:
    " That boss is easy if you level up to the max level for the area. Its the next boss that is really hard. "
    God, that boss was so infuriating!

Figured out my strategy was all wrong, though.  Not before dying a lot of times first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.