Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Odyssey

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 12, 2008

Lost Odyssey tells the epic journey of Kaim, a 1000 year old immortal with no memory of his past. He soon discovers there are other immortals as a conspiracy begins to unravel.

So How Long IS this game?

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

A couple of weeks (months?) back, I happened to win an ebay bid for a small lot of 360 games. It wasn't a serious bid, but I guess I got lucky. 3 games for $20 isn't bad, particularly, even if I wasn't overly interested in them. One of those games was Lost Odyssey. I'm now on winter break, and am getting around to playing all the games I bought. Opening the case of Lost Odyssey, I discover something unusual. FOUR DISCS. Okay, excitement over. I was just wondering if anyone knew for a standard, main quest playthrough, how long this game lasts? 

(P.S. If you're curious, the auction also came with the Last Remnant and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, plus the strategy guide for Lost Odyssey)

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Catolf

Good grab I'd say.

Um I couldn't tell you from personal experience (I got around 5 hours in when my save went up in smoke) but according to various players (random browsing of sites) about 40-45 hours main storyline but if you wanted to do everything it would be 90 hours.

I really need to jump back in because i really liked the storyline, but when your save file poofs it kinda kills the desire at first you know?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

70ish

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rehehelly
    @Catolf said:
    " Good grab I'd say.  Um I couldn't tell you from personal experience (I got around 5 hours in when my save went up in smoke) but according to various players (random browsing of sites) about 40-45 hours main storyline but if you wanted to do everything it would be 90 hours.  I really need to jump back in because i really liked the storyline, but when your save file poofs it kinda kills the desire at first you know? "
    Do you know what else ruins that desire? Going to university and not taking your 360 while on the fourth disc, when you finally bring your 360 to university (about 7 months later) you realise you can't remember ANY of the story and don't know what the hell to do. 

I think my save was about 45 hours at that point. It's a good game. 
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By vidiot

Playtime will vary if you decide to level-up. Dungeons have lvl-caps, which is supposed to negate grinding. You could jump from one dungeon to the next, without bothering with the usual JRPG grind. Although most people I know, myself included, decided to over-level at some-point. It's a standard 45-60ish hours. My final playtime was much higher, given my desire to S-Rank the game.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Catolf
    @Rehehelly said:
    " @Catolf said:
    " Good grab I'd say.  Um I couldn't tell you from personal experience (I got around 5 hours in when my save went up in smoke) but according to various players (random browsing of sites) about 40-45 hours main storyline but if you wanted to do everything it would be 90 hours.  I really need to jump back in because i really liked the storyline, but when your save file poofs it kinda kills the desire at first you know? "
    Do you know what else ruins that desire? Going to university and not taking your 360 while on the fourth disc, when you finally bring your 360 to university (about 7 months later) you realise you can't remember ANY of the story and don't know what the hell to do.  I think my save was about 45 hours at that point. It's a good game.  "
    owwwccchhhhhh.. man that does suck. I'm sorry.. i think the only time it was that bad for me was during Okage: The Shadow King I was close to the end and forgot where the hell i was supposed to go it took me 3 days of constant wandering before I figured it out..

figures my endgame was 200+ hours. XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.