Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Capcom Loyalists To Receive Lost Planet 2 Bonuses

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
     This map (from Map Pack 1) has heavily trafficked airspace and a lot of underwater spots, too.
     This map (from Map Pack 1) has heavily trafficked airspace and a lot of underwater spots, too.
    With helicopter and submarine-based vital suits, Lost Planet 2's multiplayer already feels a lot bigger than its predecessor. Of course, at its core, the movement and action is definitely a similar experience. But it's the player customization that has me all excited. Between perk-like differentiators and tons of cosmetic adjustments, it seems like you'll have plenty of ways to ensure that no one else out there looks quite like you.

Unless, of course, you're playing as the Gears of War guys, who look like they're locked into their default, approved look.

In addition to options that will be unlocked as you gain levels of experience and perform specific tasks across all modes, Capcom is planning to include bonus pieces of gear that will open up if a saved game from a previous Capcom release is found on your hard drive. To take that concept to its extreme conclusion, if you've played every single Capcom game, you'll get another extra-special unlockable. What is it? Hell, I don't know. Here's a list of five things that I think would be pretty cool.

• Jun Takeuchi costume
    • Guts Man Vital Suit
    • Replace your entire player model with a dancing Capcom logo
    • The cowboy from Gun.Smoke (which, really, is my answer to just about anything Capcom-related these days)
    • Unlockable Mega Buster

There's also an unlockable machine gun that you can get in the full game by playing the demo, which is currently available for download. Additionally, players who pre-order the game from GameStop will receive early (and free) access to the game's first map pack, which contains two maps. The developers have committed to providing at least one more pack after that one, but we'll have to wait for further details on those post-release plans. Lost Planet 2 is scheduled to be in stores on May 11.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    With helicopter and submarine-based vital suits, Lost Planet 2's multiplayer already feels a lot bigger than its predecessor. Of course, at its core, the movement and action is definitely a similar experience. But it's the player customization that has me all excited. Between perk-like differentiators and tons of cosmetic adjustments, it seems like you'll have plenty of ways to ensure that no one else out there looks quite like you.

Unless, of course, you're playing as the Gears of War guys, who look like they're locked into their default, approved look.

In addition to options that will be unlocked as you gain levels of experience and perform specific tasks across all modes, Capcom is planning to include bonus pieces of gear that will open up if a saved game from a previous Capcom release is found on your hard drive. To take that concept to its extreme conclusion, if you've played every single Capcom game, you'll get another extra-special unlockable. What is it? Hell, I don't know. Here's a list of five things that I think would be pretty cool.

• Jun Takeuchi costume
    • Guts Man Vital Suit
    • Replace your entire player model with a dancing Capcom logo
    • The cowboy from Gun.Smoke (which, really, is my answer to just about anything Capcom-related these days)
    • Unlockable Mega Buster

There's also an unlockable machine gun that you can get in the full game by playing the demo, which is currently available for download. Additionally, players who pre-order the game from GameStop will receive early (and free) access to the game's first map pack, which contains two maps. The developers have committed to providing at least one more pack after that one, but we'll have to wait for further details on those post-release plans. Lost Planet 2 is scheduled to be in stores on May 11.
    CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CannonGoose

I really should check out Lost Planet 2; I enjoyed the first game!

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By MayorFeedback

Still on the fence about LP2, but I would buy it in an instant for the dancing Capcom logo. Make it happen!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I suppose I wouldn't mind the Jun Takeuchi costume, just to kill myself over and over.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I really enjoyed the first game, and this one looks amazing.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By damswedon

wow that's kind of crazy when you think of it.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By recroulette

Ken and Ryu with hadoken and shoryukens?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

Nice stuff.

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By MisterMouse

haha very cool items

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

Is there a unique reward for each game? Because that would be really awesome. Though I doubt it.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By thecleric

I imagine the for certain ones will be RE5, Street Fighter, DMC 4, you know, the big hitters. 

I'm curious about a lot of stuff on this, I wish they'd be more specific. like will SF4 vs SSF4 have different rewards, or will both be necessary for the 'big' unlock? Same with RE5 and RE5gold. 
    And what about the black sheep like Bionic Commando and Dark Void? And downloadable content too, hoping they come out with specifics. 

Imagine Ebony & Ivory in LP2. Awesome.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Awesome! I always keep my save files in case of stuff like this. Looks like it has paid off.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

Dancing Capcom logo sounds great.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By fugie7

it actually sounds like a cool idea. too bad i didn't play all capcom's games though.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Shadow

As long as my SF4, SSF4, RE5, Lost Planet Colonies, and whatever other non-Mega Man saves I have are good enough, then it's all good.
    Hypertrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Hypertrooper

Great to hear! Thanks for the information. I've LP:EC, RE5 and DMC4 so i hope i'll get some extra Bonus items :)

striderzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By striderzer0

I hope I get a mango sentinel skined VS and a strider outfit for have mvc2 :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.