Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Lost Planet 2 Quick Look thoughts

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By l4wd0g

So, the thing about the Giant Bomb Lost Planet 2 Quick Look that I don’t understand is how Jeff can love Street Fight 4 (a game that is based on animation) while hating Lost Planet 2 for the same reason.   

Yeah, Lost Planet 2 isn’t for everyone. It’s not trying to be a Gears of War game; it’s a co-op Lost Planet game. Finding a game isn’t easy, but hosting a game and having people join takes on a few minutes at the most. The roulette wheel is addicting, even if you don’t always get a weapon.  All well, what do I know? I am not paid for my analysis of video game reviewers’ reviews.    

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By l4wd0g

So, the thing about the Giant Bomb Lost Planet 2 Quick Look that I don’t understand is how Jeff can love Street Fight 4 (a game that is based on animation) while hating Lost Planet 2 for the same reason.   

Yeah, Lost Planet 2 isn’t for everyone. It’s not trying to be a Gears of War game; it’s a co-op Lost Planet game. Finding a game isn’t easy, but hosting a game and having people join takes on a few minutes at the most. The roulette wheel is addicting, even if you don’t always get a weapon.  All well, what do I know? I am not paid for my analysis of video game reviewers’ reviews.    

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @l4wd0g said:
    "

"
    Two very very different kind of animation. 

Some games are not for everyone. .  

Is this gonna turn into the same as the " The Lost planet 2 review" thread? 
    kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kylekrueger

Yea this shits kinda getting old. whys it so hard for people to understand the concept of opinion.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By trophyhunter
    @kylekrueger said:

" Yea this shits kinda getting old. whys it so hard for people to understand the concept of opinion. "

because people don't give two shits about anyone's opinion but their own. I mean I don't 
    and if I hear the fucking word "opinion" one more time I'm going to explode. 
    kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kylekrueger
    @trophyhunter:  have you been asleep for the last day? did you not see the 500 post topic all about Brad's review?   People clearly care a whole lot about other peoples opinion.  Also if your not grown up enough to listen to others maybe you shouldn't be on the forums.
    Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Crono11

Opinion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

...ok then?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By l4wd0g

OK, this is way off topic, but talking to other people rather than writing them off as another “opinion” is a way to learn and grow. It is what real diversity is. We are diverse by the way we think and act, not the color of our skin.  

Back to the game….

I am of the belief that Lost Planet 2 did not meet Brad’s expectation for a third person shooter. If you compare Lost Planet 2 to other third person shooters, such as Uncharted 2, it is like comparing apples to oranges. They aren’t the same, at all. However, when you compare Lost Planet 2 to Lost Planet you see the focus of Capcom and the Lost Planet series. They weren’t making a Gears of War or Uncharted. They made a heavily action focused Monster Hunter with guns.      

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By emkeighcameron

They don't like LP2, get over it. Move on. Next subject, please.

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kylekrueger
    @l4wd0g: I think your missing the point of a review, its not to inform the people who already like the previous that their going to like it more, it's to inform the public about the game, so no tell people that the game's like lost planet one is not going to help if they haven't played it. They way Brad when about the review was perfect he explained it problems and then explain how he felt the controls and such felt.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This argument makes no sense, i like both games but eh...

also Brad can't roll so............ yeah

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.