Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Love

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Mar 25, 2010

Love is the brainchild of indie developer Eskil Steenberg. Love has been described as a City building MMOFPS, although it has also been called a moderately multi-player FPS. The game features city building and exploration, as well as combat.

mmo LOVE having free weekend

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

LOVE, the beautiful MMO made by a single man, is having a free weekend. That means you can download the client (right now) load up the game (right now) and hop into a planet with dozens of other players running around (right now!). 

No Caption Provided

Everything you need is right here

For those of you unfamiliar with love, here is a quick tutorial. Please bare in mind that this video was made a long time ago and the game has been repeatedly patched to streamline a lot of the features. 

For those of you still unconvinced, here's a quick preview of what to expect:  

"You take your shiny new Monolith and plant it not far from a PowerWell, rocks that have been scattered around the world shooting giant blue beams of energy into the sky. The placement of your monolith allows you to shape the landscape around it. Equip your Smooth Edit Tool and raise and lower the environment as you see fit - create huge walls to protect your monolith, stairs to reach the battlements and carve corridors through mountains to create underground bunkers. Once happy with your layout, venture back out into the world and collect some more Tokens. You bring them back and plant them around your monolith - a Radio Token, A Config Tool Token, and a Pavement Token. As you plant them, two more players arrive and seamlessly join your settlement. One decides to redesign the layout of the entire base, whilst the other equips a radio, informs you he will be using frequency 90.2, then bounds away. You decide to spruce up the place by placing pavement around your Monolith so that the interior begins to take the shape of a building instead of a cave. You get a message from your settlement chum via the radio, asking for the Co-Ordinates of your Power Pod. I didn't even know we had a power po- oh wait. While I was dropping the pavement into place, 5 new players have joined and have placed their tokens. I step over to the power pod and radio back the co-ordinates. A few seconds later, a beam of blue light has been directed straight into the Settlement, providing the players with Power Tokens - the currency required to build and place new objects in the base. You decide to use the influx of power to raise the entire settlement 20 blocks into the air, then carve away all the rock beneath it - now your Settlement is floating eerily on the horizon.     

Players branch off, starting their own settlements. Enemies can be seen scurrying around in the distance, taking pop-shots at you if you venture too close. Someone has set up a ski-lift, so you hop on-board to see where it takes you. You find a staircase leading directly down through solid rock, elaborate sculptures on either side, and emerge into a deserted underground fortress, the remains of destroyed tokens scattered around. You take note of the clever use of Power Pylons before hastily retreating home. 

Suddenly there is a burst on the radio - enemy Artillery is incoming. Explosives drop from the sky, brutally destroying the Tokens you worked so hard to collect and arrange so perfectly. Suddenly there are 20 AI enemies streaming into your base. You and your rapidly increasing community of Settlementers equip your blasters and launch a feeble counter-attack, but you are completely outnumbered. One of your friends manages to hack the incoming artillery frequency and redirect it out of the way, but it's too late - your monolith is destroyed, your forces are scattered. You die, re-spawning alone, in an uncharted desolace. Fortunately you can see a token lying just on the other side of that bridge... "

If that sounds cool to you, load up the game and try it for yourself.  

Did I mention it's free? 

Love Sweep
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

i'll only check it out for you sweep. no one else

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I actually will check this out, sounds interesting.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Ryax: <3
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jack268

Fck yeah! I've been hyped for this since I first heard of it but never had the scratch to play it. Maybe this will help me justify it. Thanks a ton brozo. 

But I can't find anywhere on that site where it talks about anything "free"? :(

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

I can't turn down a free game.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Jack268: Download the client, load it up - when you get to the "Create An Account" screen there is a link at the top that says "Play for free!". Click that and you will get logged in as a visitor :)
    mm665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mm665

BALLS OF STEA.... Oh sorry wrong page.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Jack268
    @Sweep said:
    " @Jack268: Download the client, load it up - when you get to the "Create An Account" screen there is a link at the top that says "Play for free!". Click that and you will get logged in as a visitor :) "
    Yeah I noticed but thanks anyway ^^
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ryax
    @Sweep: ok so i have no idea what im doing in it. i just jump around and shoot lil lasers
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By weltal

HOW DO I DO ANYTHING?

Neat looking game but man, I'm so, so, so, soooooo lost.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper

I downloaded it. Got dumped in a field not being able to see a damn thing. The field of view is cramped and it feels like I'm playing in a tiny resolution. I don't know where to go or what to do. The laser I got seems to do anything at all. The control is arkward. The hud and iconography is impossible to understand.

Not for me, sorry.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Ryax: @Weltal: I should really write a guide for this game, huh? Stay tuned!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.