Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Luftrausers

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

From the makers of Super Crate Box comes the only game to allow players to create, customize, and fly their own luftrausers.

Are the challenges just there to keep you coming back?

Laurel_McFang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hate to say, but I am really getting tired of this game. I am at 44 hours of play. At 20 I had beaten every challenge except missile blimp, take down an experimental, and 25k score in SFMT mode. That means I have spent over 24 hours (the length of many games) just trying to get some basic achievements down. Does anyone else feel the final achievements are just there so you keep coming back? I mean I have been waiting literally weeks to finish this thing so I can start competing for a hi-score instead I am stuck in challenges trying to summon semi-random blimps etc. can I regularly score over 10k now? Sure, but the reward for that is nil. These guys totally failed to see what makes their game great/: a score chasing sandbox and instead put in I some achievements almost impossible to finish.

NecroMongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NecroMongo

You've gotten 44 hours out of a 10 dollar game. I think anyone would start to get tired of a game like this after putting 44 hours into it. I really don't see the issue here. I mean back in my day we played games for fun...that was the factor that brought me back.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You bought their game and have played it for nearly two full days. Your goal is apparently to complete the challenges so you can continue playing simply to increase your score. I'd say they know exactly what makes their game great. Nijman is a fucking genius when it comes to gameplay.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

My issue with the scoring is that I feel like I'm quick reloading (to the point that it feels like save scumming) until the game gives me a favourable set of enemies. Sometimes it just spawns a fuckload of fighters in the first minute or two and I just stay at x20 for an absurd length of time and my score is baller as fuck as I also whittle down tougher enemies and constantly kill fighters. Then other times it seems to spawn like 15 fighters, and then nothing but battleships and aces and I get my ass handed to me and even if I dodge immaculately I get no reward because my combo never got above like x3 because battleships and aces have too much fucking health.

And yeah, missile the blimp and get 25k in SFMT just seem like completely ridiculous expectations. God, the missiles are so fucking bad. Everyone in the forums seems to just say that to get the missile the blimp you just use melee body and let it do most of the work, and just get really good at flying through the blimp without taking a hit.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

Well, they do unlock a reward at the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.