Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 13, 2012

Electronic Symphony revamps the traditional Lumines formula with brand new music, unlockables, avatar-based special abilities, and touch based controls.

Conquering Every Trophy In Lumines Electronic Symphony

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Trust me when I say that Lumines sits among the likes of Tetris, rendering you incapable of speech with its hypnotic rhythm and mesmerizing display.

No Caption Provided

Games like this never truly end as there's always a new high score to beat as you lay claim to your rightful place at the top of the leaderboard and defend your position from all attempts to dethrone you; however futile they may be. It's hard to know when to stop and move on to the next game in the pile of shame that has amassed in the time spent perfecting your art.

Your options to break free, though few in number, are to either quit cold turkey or achieve a self-imposed end game and go out on top. The first time I conquered my addiction was quitting cold turkey but with the recent onslaught of football with the World Cup, I returned the game with the goal of becoming it's master and in order to game whilst watching the tournament. My challenge was simply - achieve every trophy. It took 24 hours of in-game time but its done and the moment of joy and glory that came in attaining that final eluding trophy will be equal to that of the players of the winning team of the tournament.

Those of you familiar with the game will know the two most challenging trophies within the game. Black Belt and Time Stands Still, the latter being the last to pop in my case. To attain these silver devils requires the perfect mix of luck and skill but fear not those of you in quest and search of either, the moment shall come where in a pure trance of focus and skill you shall earn your victory, the icon shall pop and you shall finally be set free.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

For me the last one I have left is Avatar Addict. I've played enough of the original Lumines in my day (even hitting the max score) that I was able to get all the other trophies before using abilities 200 times. Lumines, like Tetris, is not something you need to quit. Once you're a master at it you can pick it up and play one round on a whim. That's actually how I hit level 50. I played it while laying in bed on a random Sunday morning and the World Block was nearly complete. Once it was finished I jumped from level 28 to 50 with the XP bonus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@mosespippy: Electronic Symphony was my first so it took some time to gain the skills necessary to accomplish the harder trophies and while I will agree that you can and should just pick it up and play occasionally it's just the transition to that status from multiple daily games that I was trying to get at with the blog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.