Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mad Max

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

An open world action game with an emphasis on vehicular combat, based on the Mad Max character from the series of Australian post-apocalyptic films by George Miller.

Nothing at E3 2014?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Was anyone hoping to see gameplay of this at E3? There doesn't seem to be any talk about it since last E3.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Didn't the crew talk about it on one of the E3 podcasts? Heard rumors that it is being redesigned?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

They are a European studio so they are probably prioritizing GamesCom. Making a demo for a press conference takes a lot of time which sometimes you can't afford.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

They're retooling it or something? I don't know, I can't keep track of why games don't appear at E3. Especially with the mysterious big publishers like 2K and Bethesda, who instead of flooding the market with a thousand average games (Activision, EA), only put out 1-3 games each year that are actually kind of alright.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's Avalanche, makers of Just Cause 2. Let them take whatever time they want. I have a feeling that their end product is going to be incredible, especially after reading that interview that Patrick had with the guy from Wolfenstein. It seems like Bethesda learned from their past lessons with Damnation, Wet, and Rogue Warrior that time and a clear vision makes a quality game.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jakob187: Let's hope so at least. I have faith in the developer.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm super intrigued by the words Mad Max: The Game but I have no idea what that is. I hope that whatever they're making isn't hampered by the fact its tied to that franchise.

If they can capture the feel of either the first movie or its sequel, I would be interested.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

First it was 2014...now madmaxgame.com directs to Amazon for preorders where the date is currently marked as 31 December 2015, which I'm sure is a placeholder. It really would not surprise me if this game didn't get released until mid to late 2016.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Maybe they're working on making it more Australian. I remember reading that they were initially planning on giving everyone American accents and such and then realized how terrible of an idea that was, so they were going to rerecord dialogue to make it more authentic to Mad Max.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hailinel said:

Maybe they're working on making it more Australian. I remember reading that they were initially planning on giving everyone American accents and such and then realized how terrible of an idea that was, so they were going to rerecord dialogue to make it more authentic to Mad Max.

That is an AWFUL idea.

I don't want to play an upside down game!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187

@amyggen said:

@jakob187: Let's hope so at least. I have faith in the developer.

If there were ANY property where a developer needed to be bat-shit crazy with over-the-top and outlandish ideas, I'm pretty sure it's a property that includes Bartertown and the Thunderdome.

They could also be positioning it to come out closer to the new movie.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jakob187 said:

It's Avalanche, makers of Just Cause 2. Let them take whatever time they want. I have a feeling that their end product is going to be incredible, especially after reading that interview that Patrick had with the guy from Wolfenstein. It seems like Bethesda learned from their past lessons with Damnation, Wet, and Rogue Warrior that time and a clear vision makes a quality game.

Bethesda had nothing to do with Damnation

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

Bethesda had nothing to do with Damnation

That was Codemasters. I forgot about that. My bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.