• 60 results
BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BrotherBran

Was wondering if anyone had seen any PC gameplay or port info? There is $20 sale for this game but i doubt it will stay that way after launch, it is however a WB joint so im honestly not sure its worth the risk

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Curious myself but without any reviews to say otherwise we wont know, and as far as reviews go who knows if we will get proper ones, just look at arkham knight, I didn't see any negative press about the pc version.

That being said, I would buy the 20$ version from cdkeys or g2a, but man, with MGS 5 coming on the same day theres no way I will have spare time to play mad max

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea metal gear will take priority for me as well but mad max would be nice to have at such a discount

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Is this a G2A thing? $20 for a $60 unreleased game seems a bit too good to be true.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green man gaming had it for 50% off last week. I believe Avalanche Studios is doing the pc version themselves.

I figured i'do jump in at that price. If it doesn't work, have other games to play (msg5). I can't imagine it will go much cheaper during steam sales this year.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PimblyCharles

I do find it a bit unsettling that there's really been no PC game play footage. WB publishing this and cdkeys selling it so cheap makes me even more nervous that the PC version may be botched. I'm still buying this day one on Steam to support Avalanche even if it's a mistake.

I do believe that the PC version is going to be great based on Avalanche's past PC versions being very well optimized and having everything you'd want in a PC game. Here's hoping Avalanche can keep their streak of great PC ports with Mad Max. Really looking forward to playing it, and hope it's a mix between Just Cause and Renegade Ops in gameplay and Mad Max in lore and atmosphere.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@Mike: I snagged it on CDKeys for $20. Got my code and already pre-loaded on Steam. Legit.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike

@wrecks said:

@Mike: I snagged it on CDKeys for $20. Got my code and already pre-loaded on Steam. Legit.

Well of course you're going to get the code, but we hear stories all the time about games bought from gray market resellers getting revoked after the fact due to them being stolen or some other problem. That's what I was getting at.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mike

@wrecks said:

@Mike: Pre-Loaded!

I'm not sure what you mean by that? There is still SteamWorks DRM.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: I've never dealt with keys being revoked, so I'm just optimistic. If I get revoked, someone will get choked.

violet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do not trust wb ever to produce a decent working product for pc

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike said:
@wrecks said:

Well of course you're going to get the code, but we hear stories all the time about games bought from gray market resellers getting revoked after the fact due to them being stolen or some other problem. That's what I was getting at.

And I mean even if you get to keep that game forever none of your money is going to the developer or publisher.

I'm optimistic of the port though, as Avalanche has a real good PC pedigree and WB probably has learned by now that that MKX-shit doesn't fly. I'll be damned if this is as marred an experience as Arkham Knight. I mean Dave Lang is nowhere near it!

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike said:
@wrecks said:

And I mean even if you get to keep that game forever none of your money is going to the developer or publisher.

I'm optimistic of the port though, as Avalanche has a real good PC pedigree and WB probably has learned by now that that MKX-shit doesn't fly. I'll be damned if this is as marred an experience as Arkham Knight. I mean Dave Lang is nowhere near it!

I also took the dive on CDkeys and its preloading fine. The worst thing to come out of all that speculation is iron galaxy had their name thrown in with almost zero context. it made the company look bad and how many people are going to read/trust the anonymous interview where someone explains that WB knew the game wasn't ready and still went ahead on it.

anyway i actually found this a bit ago http://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/527273789694320464/

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OurSin_360

damn @20$ makes me kinda mad i paid 30 lol. I figure it may be broken like AK(i got that for 36$ but for the money I can wait till it's fixed since i'll be playing MGSV anyway. If it is broken i probably will not buy any more WB games.

@brotherbran I tend to believe the anonymous article since it was written by patrick who obviously knows Iron galaxy employees pretty well. WB knew the game was broken

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: I don't quite get what goes on with the PC versions of WB games. OzGames (100% legit online physical game seller that also sells Steam keys) always has Steam keys of WB games for incredibly cheap while at the same time selling console versions for normal prices. They don't do this for other games. I am really curious to know what causes this to happen. Maybe an oversupply of keys?
http://www.ozgameshop.com/page/mortal-kombat-x
http://www.ozgameshop.com/page/batman-arkham-knight
http://www.ozgameshop.com/search/shadow+of+mordor/sort-relevance
http://www.ozgameshop.com/search/mad+max/sort-relevance

gravytrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely going to wait till I see some gameplay and performance details on PC, the pop-in shown so far is utterly brutal.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hunkulese

@mub: The vast majority of their PC ports have been great.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it is made by a studio that has made top notch PC versions of their games thus far, so I would be confident it will be a good game. If it isn't, most likely the blame is on WB.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hunkulese

@pause422: Just cause? I don't really get the shit WB takes on this. They're just the publisher. WB games has PC publishing credits in Dying Light, The Witcher 3, and Shadow of Mordor. Do they get any credit for those or only blamed for MK and Arkham?

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn @20$ makes me kinda mad i paid 30 lol. I figure it may be broken like AK(i got that for 36$ but for the money I can wait till it's fixed since i'll be playing MGSV anyway. If it is broken i probably will not buy any more WB games.

@brotherbran I tend to believe the anonymous article since it was written by patrick who obviously knows Iron galaxy employees pretty well. WB knew the game was broken

Oh I believe it as well, but it just came out so far after the fact that not as many people are going to be tuned in to get that info, and it wasnt as widely discussed as the initial conversation. I mean we can joke about how awful Dave Lang is but the company as a whole likely suffered from that and it isnt cool.

@pause422: Just cause? I don't really get the shit WB takes on this. They're just the publisher. WB games has PC publishing credits in Dying Light, The Witcher 3, and Shadow of Mordor. Do they get any credit for those or only blamed for MK and Arkham?

http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

This article and others have painted WB as a publisher who doesnt care about PC players, and since they write the checks they determine the man hours spent working on said version. "just a publisher" may be the case with people like CDprojektred who has a history of self publishing and other developers have way more say in the release of their game when it isnt tied to a property owned by the publisher.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By l4wd0g

@Mike: IGN was promoting the CDKeys thing. The down side about buying from CDKeys or GMG is that it's much harder to get a refund rather than buying it directly from Steam. I remember CD Project taking umbrage with GMG, saying they didn't give them codes. It's weird; Buying games is weird. Games deprecate in value so quickly I almost wonder if the devs would rather get a little money than no money (used game sales (console) or grey/black market).

People are streaming the game. And unlike fucKonami, they aren't shutting them down. Which is probably good because Jeff made it sound like review copies hadn't been sent to outlets.

Rydemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike said:

Is this a G2A thing? $20 for a $60 unreleased game seems a bit too good to be true.

Its a thing, I'm not exactly sure how they get away with the low prices but i've purchased from g2a and cdkeys several times, normally hit items (example MGS 5) dont go far under the regular price but still cheaper than most retailers.

A_E_Martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avalanche streamed some of the PC version on Twitch. You can probably find clips of it at least on YouTube.

There looked to be a bit less foliage pop-in than on the PS4 version they've been showing, but it was still popping in. Other than that, it seemed like it should be fine.

Don't do any of this G2A, CDKeys nonsense. I got my PC copy from Green Man Gaming for 30 euros. At least in that case you know all proper parties are getting their due share. I'm also getting this on the PS4, because I'm crazy that way.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ezekiel

@Mike said:
@wrecks said:

From what I read, CDKeys rarely has issues with revoked keys and when they do they're pretty good about refunds. Most of the keys they sell, including the Mad Max keys, are region free. I purchased Batman AK, Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max from them and haven't had any issues yet. I also read on NeoGAF that it's a pretty rare thing for keys to be revoked after they have already been activated. Valve once revoked a bunch of keys that were hurting an Eastern European economy and another time Ubisoft declined a bunch of Uplay keys. But those situations are supposedly quite rare.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

CDKeys seems to have a better rep than the other grey market sellers but I've been burned twice by them (G2A and someone else, can't remember now) so never again. GMG's an official seller and I picked up MM last night for £21.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any difference between the listings on cd keys and gmg, the process to collect my key was the exact same. I don't see what's grey about this market, nothing stopping anyone from purchasing a ton of steam keys and using them as a loss leader to build a customer base

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see any difference between the listings on cd keys and gmg, the process to collect my key was the exact same. I don't see what's grey about this market, nothing stopping anyone from purchasing a ton of steam keys and using them as a loss leader to build a customer base

The funny thing is, companies cheat the economy all the time by outsourcing their labor to poorer countries. I'm going to be crafty too.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ah the politics of CD Keys.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

To be fair, all WB did for The Witcher 3 was US distribution.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: That's kind of the point. Techland took care of the Dying Light port in house (I think), CD Projekt Red took care of the Witcher port in house. WB still published both games. The Mad Max situation looks to be exactly the same so if anyone was to blame if the game's broken, it'd be Avalanche.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: That's kind of the point. Techland took care of the Dying Light port in house (I think), CD Projekt Red took care of the Witcher port in house. WB still published both games. The Mad Max situation looks to be exactly the same so if anyone was to blame if the game's broken, it'd be Avalanche.

Well no, WB funded this game, they own the Mad Max rights. With Witcher 3 all they did was distribute it to one territory, they had no say in anything. I'm not disputing who is to blame, but these are totally different situations.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My understanding, which could be wrong, is that sites like CDKeys buy copies of games from Russia, Brazil, and other countries that sell games for much less than European or North American countries. These keys are only supposed to be sold in those specific countries, but CDKeys resells them to anyone. That's why people call CDKeys grey market, because technically those keys aren't meant for people outside of those specific countries. They have no direct interaction with the publishers of the games and are just a reseller. GMG on the other hand is an official partner of most (or all) major publishers and gets their keys directly from them. Some people prefer GMG because they know the developers/publishers get paid directly.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing now for a couple hours. Dig it. Runs smooth, looks great.

Edraii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runs like a charm for me

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wrecks

Streamed some of it, here's the archive if you want to see it running. GTX970.

Loading Video...

Yesiamaduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runs like butter maxed out on gtx970 doesn't even sound like its stressing out the card as its running so quietly. A lot of graphics settings to tinker with as well, good port.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is my honest opinion of the game:

Here's some real shit that you will all love.

The game is good. It's an open world (imagine borderlands 2), but without the guns. The game forces you to level the car, which kind of gets old, but the missions are fun. The cars are fun, but I wish there was a bigger variety, and leveling them up is the progression in the game (Level armor, attack the next base, level guns attack the next).

The game is beautiful and graphics are awesome (and I hate WB for MKX and Batman). The game runs smooth, the graphics are in line with Mad Max games.

Here's what I don't like:

1. The controls. This reminds me of Witcher 3. I know they will fix it, but the controls suck shit when you aren't in a car.

2. The vehicle driving seems delayed. When i aim left and gun it, the car delays. but like i said i'm sure this will get fixed. Until you have played the game, you cannot understand the frustration on the controls. I really hope they fix this.

3. The cars. I'm a HUGE car fanatic. I've competed in BullRun, GumBall, and other rallies and this idea excites me non-stop!. I loved Mad Max Fury Road when the main bad guy drove a monster truck with 2 59 caddies welded together. From what i've seen SO FAR the cars are very generic. a 65-70 mustang, a 32 ford or something similar to that, a 60's rolls royce(which i picked), and a AMC javelin (which looks like a mustang but with more metal). The cars are hugely disappointing, BUT you can steal cars from the wasteland and apparently use them later on. I've stole a lot of cars but have not used them in the game. When i reached out to the Dev Team, here is why they went with those cars, "They are very common." lol. Cool. I understand now, but still the car choices suck and older Rolls are not that common.

4. I hate games that are button mash X, X, X, X, X, Y(to defend), then X, X, X, X, X again. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed in the battle sense. The fight sequences are literally X X X X X X Y X X X X X Y. They are not challenging, but the finishers are entertaining.

Here is my final vote. I LOVE the game. I LOVE the cars (wish there was more). I HATE the movement and HATE combat. If you are a Twisted Metal Fan, and a semi Assassin's Creed Fan, BUY THIS GAME!

As a gearhead, this game has potential. Hope this helps!

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took the dive. Downloading it now. 30 min left. Wanted mgs 5 but it looked a bit worse than mad max (which is understandable) and all this micro transactions /grinding/less cutscenes than previous mgs does not sound hot to me. And by the sound of the all mighty internet the pc version of mad max is quite good. Just wondering if kepler cards will be gimped again.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i will be streaming the game all day tomorrow (when i wake up), if you want to see it.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

@Mike said:
@wrecks said:

CD Keys is fine, i use the site all the time, never had an issue with anything being recalled or not working.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mike

@kagato said:
@Mike said:
@wrecks said:

CD Keys is fine, i use the site all the time, never had an issue with anything being recalled or not working.

This is the post I wrote in another thread - I'll just copy and paste here. Just because you haven't had a problem does not mean that CDkeys is completely fine.

I wouldn't go so far as to call cdkeys completely trustworthy. They have had numerous problems in the last year or so with mass amounts of keys getting revoked after sale, namely in the case of Sniper Elite III (Again - this game was super cheap, around $20 before release on cdkeys and other sites...awfully similar to the situation happening currently with Mad Max.) Then CDkeys had a bunch of UPlay keys get revoked by Ubisoft for Far Cry 4 when it was revealed that thousands of them were bought with stolen credit cards and then resold on CDkeys and other gray market sites.

So there definitely IS a risk when buying from companies like these, sometimes with little recourse if you do happen to get a key revoked after sale. The developers may not even be seeing a single cent from some of these third party sales. I'd call it a gamble at best, if that's worth it to you and you don't care where the money is going then I guess it's a valid option.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: CDKeys customer were not effected by the Sniper Elite stolen codes, CDKeys were not at fault Ubisoft reactivated Far Cry 4.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/blog/2014/06/gaming-serials/27/sniper-elite-3-cd-keys-revoked-rebellion-smell-rat/

CJS CD Keys are lucky enough that we have not been affected by this problem. If we ever are, we will always provide customers with a full refund or a fully working key, but so far, so good.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1001533-Concerning-Far-Cry-4-removal-from-our-libraries-Open-letter?s=18d02aafdd315bc48144b6e784ec3585

After further investigation into the matter of keys that were fraudulently purchased on EA's Origin store, we are reinstating keys for consumers who already had successfully activated and started playing the games. Any remaining fraudulently obtained and resold keys have been deactivated.

We are working with EA to prevent situations like this from happening again, and we will continue to deactivate keys that are found to be fraudulently obtained and resold. We strongly recommend that players purchase keys and downloadable games only from the Uplay shop or trusted retailers.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game runs really great on my 780ti i7 4770k at 1080p. It looks really good , the skyboxes especially. Driving needs getting used to. I wonder if I can downsample without framerate hit.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mike

@thepanzini said:

@Mike: CDKeys customer were not effected by the Sniper Elite stolen codes, CDKeys were not at fault Ubisoft reactivated Far Cry 4.

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/blog/2014/06/gaming-serials/27/sniper-elite-3-cd-keys-revoked-rebellion-smell-rat/

CJS CD Keys are lucky enough that we have not been affected by this problem. If we ever are, we will always provide customers with a full refund or a fully working key, but so far, so good.

CDKeys and CJs CDKeys are two different companies...I never even mentioned CJ's.

http://www.cdkeys.com/

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: I know their different but Rebellion never mentioned CD Keys at all, how can you say "They have had numerous problems in the last year or so with mass amounts of keys getting revoked after sale"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-30-steam-revokes-7050-stolen-sniper-elite-3-codes

We have in no way targeted any specific vendors (who may have also thought these keys were legitimate), just this one set of keys

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: Just search "cdkeys revoked" and then "cdkeys stolen" and do some reading if you're that interested in following up. The articles are all there for you to read. I'm busy playing Metal Gear now, though.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: Searching revoked or stolen doesn't turn up anything other than a few guilt by association articles.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/06/27/third-party-sniper-elite-3-steam-codes-being-revoked-heres-why/

If you purchased a Sniper Elite 3 Steam key from a third party retailer, such as CDKeys.com, then you might find that your copy of the game has been revoked due to it apparently not being legitimate.

Worth notin dev and publishers trust / supply different sellers CDPR doesn't trust / supply Green Man Gaming but Rebellion does.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-39-codes-legitimate-despite-dev-accusati/1100-6427149/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238090/discussions/0/540744936577983546/

CD Key are a listed merchant on the popular sale's aggregator site http://www.hotukdeals.com/gaming/deals/hot

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take what CDPR says about other vendors with a grain of salt - as a major vendor themselves, they have a vested interest in it beyond simply the role of a developer.

Though I think the other problem (With Sniper Elite 3) is that somewhere down the chain someone passed off stolen keys as legit - and the only one who suffers the consequences are the end users.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So uhm. Game is constant 60 fps but a lot of times stutters quite a lot. Know anything that could fix it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.