Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

Bob Sanders is rated higher than Ed Reed?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#1  Edited By citizenkane

Who outside of maybe the state of Indiana thinks that Bob Sanders is a better safety than Ed Reed?  I know he won DPOY last season, but if you are going to give Bob Sanders a 99 rating, at least keep Ed Reed as a 99 as well instead of knocking him down to a 98.  It's not like he had a bad season in 2007(he had 7 INTs).  Ed Reed is the best safety in NFL and hardly anyone without fan bias would disagree.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

I do! But that's just me being a homer. But I don't know why they gave Ed Reed a 98, he should be a 99. If anything Sanders should be a little lower because he's injury prone.

SAVAGE_MAGNUM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SAVAGE_MAGNUM

I believe Ed Reed should also be 99, but Sanders is a very good safety and he also deserves that 99.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

injury prone has nothing to do with your ovr

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Shawn

Ed Reed should be a 99, surprised that he's not. But I may be a little bias considering I'm a Balitmore fan.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Subway

Bob Sanders makes the Colts defense, without him, they are trash. Reed is good, but the Ravens would be fine without him. I think Sanders is better for that.

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rorschach
    Subway said:
    "Bob Sanders makes the Colts defense, without him, they are trash. Reed is good, but the Ravens would be fine without him. I think Sanders is better for that."
    Well said. If a change was made though, I''d rather that it was a bump-up of Reed, rather than a bump-down of Sanders. I don't like the Colts at all (go Seahawks!) but I still think that Sanders does deserve a 99 rating.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Player1

Lol well I live in Indiana. So I guess I don't count. He is totally overrated here though I agree. The reason he is so loved though is the fact that he is our defense. When he is there, are defense goes from one of the worst in the league, to one of the best. Besides Peyton, he is the most valuable player on our team. 

Does Ed Reed do that for the Ravens? No. 
    Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Nik_NYG

The roster update that should be available this monday makes Bob sanders a 98. I think they reduced his injury and strength stats a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.