Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

Madden NFL 09, Whos Pumped? Whos Getting The Collectors Edition?

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nibbz

This seems to be the biggest overhaul to the Madden Engine since Madden 2005. I love the new graphics, animations, presentation.  The gameplay looks friggin EPIC! You can Spin Move and juke while getting tackled trying to get free. You have no idea how many times I wish i could do that in Madden, now I'll be able to. Its the most responsive Madden yet.

Also the collectors edition. Again for the 20th Anniversary, EPIC! They package the FULL Head Coach 09 game, which doesnt even come out till September, so people who get Madden 09 get the game earlier than everyone else. It also has a classic version of Madden Genesis, and video content. Seeing as this is it's 20th Anniversary, and I've been buying every Madden since Madden 2001... I'm getting it for sure.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

Im done with EA ripping me off with the madden series. Its the same game every year. Doesnt matter what they tell you. Im find with madden 08, and I can update the rosters myself if I feel the need.

They always say the grapics are BETTER but its really no change. And they always add one little thing to get fans excited, the spin and juke thing you were talking about.

Madden games are fun, dont get me wrong, im just down paying 60 bucks a year to play the same game

claysol13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By claysol13

Madden Head Coach game sucked.  That's the only way they are going to get rid of that stupid simulated game.  Why are you buying the new one when you can get the genesis version cheaper!  Who cares.  Waste of money.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Madden is really like Wii Play.In the eyes of a gamer it's pure crap, but to some random dude or dudette who plays maybe 3 hrs @ the most a day, its great. Am I pumped? God no, I watch football on tV and eat junkfood while doing so, but good for you TC, I just find it bizarre how people buy it every year and not go "Man this game as like the last one, and even the one before that."

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By pbhawks45
    Nibbz said:
    "This seems to be the biggest overhaul to the Madden Engine since Madden 2005. I love the new graphics, animations, presentation.  The gameplay looks friggin EPIC! You can Spin Move and juke while getting tackled trying to get free. You have no idea how many times I wish i could do that in Madden, now I'll be able to. Its the most responsive Madden yet.

Also the collectors edition. Again for the 20th Anniversary, EPIC! They package the FULL Head Coach 09 game, which doesnt even come out till September, so people who get Madden 09 get the game earlier than everyone else. It also has a classic version of Madden Genesis, and video content. Seeing as this is it's 20th Anniversary, and I've been buying every Madden since Madden 2001... I'm getting it for sure.
    "
    I'm excited. I consider myself to be an ESPN 2K5 fanboy, but I am really pumped by the new presentation and gameplay mechanics that are being added. They're putting a ton of effort in this game. I'm still going to wait a little before buying, in case there are some big, crippling bugs in there.
    ErrorSyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ErrorSyntax

This will be the first year in a few years that I am NOT wasting my money on another madden game.

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nibbz
    pbhawks45 said:
    "Nibbz said:
    "This seems to be the biggest overhaul to the Madden Engine since Madden 2005. I love the new graphics, animations, presentation.  The gameplay looks friggin EPIC! You can Spin Move and juke while getting tackled trying to get free. You have no idea how many times I wish i could do that in Madden, now I'll be able to. Its the most responsive Madden yet.

"
    I'm excited. I consider myself to be an ESPN 2K5 fanboy, but I am really pumped by the new presentation and gameplay mechanics that are being added. They're putting a ton of effort in this game. I'm still going to wait a little before buying, in case there are some big, crippling bugs in there.
    "
    im like you man. i loved 2k5 and hated what madden did up until 08, and now 09 looks friggin EPIC! The graphics ARE improved, the gameplay IS refined. so for all of you saying "NO eff that Madden Blows! EA SUCKS!" well fine miss out on  a great madden game. I've gotten madden every year since madden 2001. so don't judge me because I like madden.
    Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blu_Magic

I probably won't get it this year.

zdmetal2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zdmetal2101

I will be buying it because I buy it every year don't know why I do since like it was mentioned above its pretty much the same game every year.

norton123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By norton123

I am not pumped at all whatsoever. The madden franchise has made very few changes to its games since 2002. Even with these changes its going to be very simple. These are changes you will most likely enjoy for the first couple of weeks. Then you will realize its the same madden game as all the rest. I would be more interested if madden would stop putting out games and just put out updated roster downloads.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shocker

I haven't gotten a football game since NFL 2K5. I still think it's the greatest football game. I still will have to at least rent Madden 09 just to see how it is.

RebelLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RebelLoyalist

Im pumped for this game and I can not wait to pick up my copy of Madden 09 Collectors Edition.

Pikachu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pikachu

I've never been a fan of the games, so if i buy it it will be a regular copy

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Cube

Nope. Madden games are crappy.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Player1
    Nibbz said:
    "pbhawks45 said:
    "Nibbz said:

"
    "
    im like you man. i loved 2k5 and hated what madden did up until 08, and now 09 looks friggin EPIC! The graphics ARE improved, the gameplay IS refined. so for all of you saying "NO eff that Madden Blows! EA SUCKS!" well fine miss out on  a great madden game. I've gotten madden every year since madden 2001. so don't judge me because I like madden.
    "

ok you said that exact thing in your first post...no need to repost it. Were not judgeing you for liking madden. You asked us if we were pumped and we said no. We just dont enjoy wasting out money on the same game every year. If thats what you like go for it. I just think you could spend your money on better games, or at least not that 20th year anniversary crap
    Sasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sasha

I can see how the hardcore Madden fan would be pumped up my the 09 offering. However, I think I'll be passing this year much like I did with NCAA 09. Sadly, not many of my friends play Madden (most play NCAA) so it wouldn't be totally worth it to me. Enjoy it though....it certainly looks like the best one in awhile. :)

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By normajean777

well no i wont be buying it i think ea milks this franchise to death they could just release an update and update the rosters and such and charge like 15 or 20 dollars but alas it wont happen so until then no madden for me.

MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MAV3R1CK

I'm not getting any sports games in general, mainly because sometimes when you play it through once, its done. I learned that with a few games. As for the Collectors Edition of Madden 09? Can you believe its $90? Then, you have to add the tax also? Thats a lot to pay for a football game.

JNYR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JNYR

I passed on Madden last year, I'm not sure if I'll be picking it up this year. And honestly the idea of a limited edition for a sports game is just stupid.

JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By JoshB
    Only Reason why I am excited
    Only Reason why I am excited
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By tomance

I haven't bought a Madden game in years.  I may get this one though, it seems like they added a pretty good amount of new features.

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nibbz
    norton123 said:
    "I am not pumped at all whatsoever. The madden franchise has made very few changes to its games since 2002. Even with these changes its going to be very simple. These are changes you will most likely enjoy for the first couple of weeks. Then you will realize its the same madden game as all the rest. I would be more interested if madden would stop putting out games and just put out updated roster downloads.
    "
    very few changes since madden 2002? your crazy.

madden 2004, owner mode and offensive improvements (playmaker)
    madden 2005 defensive improvements (hit stick)}
    madden 06 (superstar mode)
    madden 07 (highlight stick)
    madden 08 (weapons)
    madden 09 (better presentation, graphics,most responsive madden yet, the difficulty molds itself to the way you play)

yeah... very few changes

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nibbz
    MAV3R1CK said:
    "I'm not getting any sports games in general, mainly because sometimes when you play it through once, its done. I learned that with a few games. As for the Collectors Edition of Madden 09? Can you believe its $90? Then, you have to add the tax also? Thats a lot to pay for a football game."
    um... the collectors edition comes with another FULL game, which by itself will cost $60, so im saving $30. PLUS i get another DVD of videos and stuff, and a classic version of madden, so yeah, its definitly worth $90
    Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nik_NYG

I just wish my giants didn't lose two top tier players this year. (strahan and shockey)

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nibbz
    Nik_NYG said:
    "I just wish my giants didn't lose two top tier players this year. (strahan and shockey)"
    yeah. im an eagles fan, but believe it or not i was happy the giants won the super bowl. i hate the cheating Pats.
    GearsGamer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GearsGamer360

Im buying Madden day one but not the collector's edition.. Ive been craving a footbal game I can play online, kinda burnt out on the shooters such as gears, COD4 etc

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nibbz
    GearsGamer360 said:
    "Im buying Madden day one but not the collector's edition.. Ive been craving a footbal game I can play online, kinda burnt out on the shooters such as gears, COD4 etc"
    im with you. i wonder if my job will let me get it early...
    oNsJUGGERNAUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oNsJUGGERNAUT

yea im getting it, this year seems to be the year that Madden will finally be a worthy game on the next gen consoles, 08 was ok but the game felt too arcady to me.

FordFairlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By FordFairlane

I haven't purchased an NFL game since 2K5, but since I've gone HD, I'd like an HD football title.  I just hope they use the ESPN License better than they have in the past.
    I'm not falling into the $60 roster update cycle, though.  The only way EA gets money from me next season is if I see this:

Madden 2010: Powered by BackBreaker

I do have a couple of questions, though:

• What exactly does NFL Head Coach do?
    • Are there in-game ads in Madden? Some corporate identities are good for realism, but annoying advertising during my football game is a little TOO much realism.
    epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By epic_pets

Im get special edition for the head coach game so I can make my own plays and put them  in madden.

Nibbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nibbz

head coach looks bad ass this  year

xGenuinex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xGenuinex

I'm excited for Madden '09. I haven't bought a new Madden since '06. It looks like '09 will finally be the complete package.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DarkLegend

Got it in 05, I'll pass this year.

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By OblivionGuy07

Nah, I gave up after getting 05. The games are all the same to me >.>

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By epic_pets

The wii version looks great, any one getting that?

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OblivionGuy07
    epic_pets said:
    "The wii version looks great, any one getting that?"

Not to sound rude (I am a Nintendo fan who owns a Wii), but I'd probably rather get a Madden Game for the 360 or PS3. Generally, Wii versions of games on multiple consoles aren't the greatest out there. Again, not to be mean to Nintendo fans. I am a long time fan myself.
    Mr_Mister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr_Mister

I think I'll wait for the reviews and maybe rent it before I get it.

xXLunchBox87Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xXLunchBox87Xx

im in a bit of a pickle. Do I get it for 360 and get some achievement points or do i get for ps3 and play some friends from work who will get it for ps3. I hate and will not buy games for both consoles unless there is a major difference.
    Yes im getting just dont know which yet.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By mathewballard

I'm pumped for the game, but I'm not spending the money for the collectors edition. The only reason I go the CE of Madden 06 is because I got it for $20 at Best Buy when they were trying to clear out a lot of games.

Conner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Conner

I'm getting the collectors edition at 7 Eleven because they have a special deal there. :)

Sodam_Insane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sodam_Insane

i'll play the demo first and judge it from there, i'm not gonna go out and waste $60 to only be disappointed once again

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By tancred8120

Meh I'll pass. Unless you're an extreme hardcore football fan, I don't see the reason to get a new version every year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.