Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 10

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 14, 2009

Madden 10 propels us into the next decade with procedural awareness. Madden 10 introduces a physics based player interaction engine known as Pro-Tak that features gang tackles, improved OL/DL play, and WR/DB interactions.

EA seems to be really supporting the PS3 with Madden 10

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

This is just something I've been speculating. 

So first off, EA finally got Madden into MLG, and its exclusively being played on PS3. Thats big. 
    then
    I just read an article about how EA is holding a massive madden tournament to culminate in a final showdown on the big screen in the new Cowboys stadium, usin PS3's and winners are taking home and -early- copies of the game and a brand new PS3.  

With rumors of a PS3 slim coming out, I've also heard it might get bundled with Madden 10.   

This could be huge for PS3 sales. I mean, MLG alone is already bringing a lot of gamers over. I have a good friend, Len Green AKA Dynasty (you can google him), who was the runner up in last seasons Madden Nation on ESPN 2 and he already bought his PS3 and keeps raving about Killzone 2 and shit on facebook lately. 

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if Madden 10 causes a lot of PS3's to sell. 

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By choffy21
    @TwoOneFive said:
    "EA finally got Madden into MLG, and its exclusively being played on PS3. Thats big."
    Lost you right there. MLG is either a way for little kids to take a game seriously, or make WAY to much money for being good at a video game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I think it's great, anything to get the PS3 on top makes me happy : )
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @choffy21 said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

"EA finally got Madden into MLG, and its exclusively being played on PS3. Thats big."
    Lost you right there. MLG is either a way for little kids to take a game seriously, or make WAY to much money for being good at a video game. "
    okay dude, how about you stop hangin out on a videogame forum then. because guess what, everyone here would LOVE to make money playing videogames. And how is it too much money? when you can get thousands of players paying in on it and competing, you ought to win a big ass prize for winning. 

The Madden hardcore base is phenomenal, probably the most competitive out there. I mean ESPN2 has a tv show covering madden nation every year, and my friend came in second place (len green aka dynasty). He has, in other Madden tournaments, won $50,000.  If you think the Madden MLG crowd will be comprised of mainly children, you're out of your fuckin mind!
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By choffy21
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @choffy21 said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

Lost you right there. MLG is either a way for little kids to take a game seriously, or make WAY to much money for being good at a video game. "
    okay dude, how about you stop hangin out on a videogame forum then. because guess what, everyone here would LOVE to make money playing videogames. And how is it too much money? when you can get thousands of players paying in on it and competing, you ought to win a big ass prize for winning.  The Madden hardcore base is phenomenal, probably the most competitive out there. I mean ESPN2 has a tv show covering madden nation every year, and my friend came in second place (len green aka dynasty). He has, in other Madden tournaments, won $50,000.  If you think the Madden MLG crowd will be comprised of mainly children, you're out of your fuckin mind! "
    I didn't mean to say it was mostly children, I ment children think they're good, or adults make too much money. I'm right, and you know it too; either it makes kids think they're gods because they have a GameBattles account with a winning record, or people make $50,000 for playing a damn video game. I never said I wouldn't go "pro" if I was good enough; trust me, if I was that good, I would sign up in a heartbeat. But for sitting around, playing a video game, your friend made $10,000 less than my dad, who actually goes outside and works for a living.

A couple thousand bucks would be fine, but once you start making tens of thousands of dollars for playing a video game, I find that incredibly insane.

Besides, hanging out on a forum is different. Gaming is my hobby. Gaming is your friends job. Totally different.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Akeldama
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " I think it's great, anything to get the PS3 on top makes me happy : ) "
    it being the strongest and best built console, it deserves it 
    JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7  Edited By JamesF
    @Akeldama said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    it being the strongest and best built console, it deserves it  "
    </bullshit>
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akeldama
    @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    </bullshit> "
    unlike most other arguments, what i said was not opinion, It was fact. The PS3 is stronger than the 360. Fact.
    JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JamesF
    @Akeldama said:
    " @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    </bullshit> "
    unlike most other arguments, what i said was not opinion, It was fact. The PS3 is stronger than the 360. Fact. "
    I'm a proud owner of both, and I'm not going to get into an argument with a sony affiliate about which is "stronger", but when it comes down it, it's bullshit. Games look just as good on both systems.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    </bullshit> "
    unlike most other arguments, what i said was not opinion, It was fact. The PS3 is stronger than the 360. Fact. "
    I'm a proud owner of both, and I'm not going to get into an argument with a sony affiliate about which is "stronger", but when it comes down it, it's bullshit. Games look just as good on both systems. "
    I think he was talking about the build of the system not the games, the system is built better then then 360.
    tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tekmojo

PS3 and the Cowboys, pretty much a winning combination right there. :P

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By LeetBalla

The new stadium is awesome.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @choffy21 said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

" @choffy21 said:

" @TwoOneFive said:

okay dude, how about you stop hangin out on a videogame forum then. because guess what, everyone here would LOVE to make money playing videogames. And how is it too much money? when you can get thousands of players paying in on it and competing, you ought to win a big ass prize for winning.  The Madden hardcore base is phenomenal, probably the most competitive out there. I mean ESPN2 has a tv show covering madden nation every year, and my friend came in second place (len green aka dynasty). He has, in other Madden tournaments, won $50,000.  If you think the Madden MLG crowd will be comprised of mainly children, you're out of your fuckin mind! "
    I didn't mean to say it was mostly children, I ment children think they're good, or adults make too much money. I'm right, and you know it too; either it makes kids think they're gods because they have a GameBattles account with a winning record, or people make $50,000 for playing a damn video game. I never said I wouldn't go "pro" if I was good enough; trust me, if I was that good, I would sign up in a heartbeat. But for sitting around, playing a video game, your friend made $10,000 less than my dad, who actually goes outside and works for a living.  A couple thousand bucks would be fine, but once you start making tens of thousands of dollars for playing a video game, I find that incredibly insane.  Besides, hanging out on a forum is different. Gaming is my hobby. Gaming is your friends job. Totally different. "
    no you're wrong and i know that. my friend didn't make $50,000 for playing a videogame, he made $50,000 dollars by being better than hundreds of other people at something in a tournament. Madden Nation is one of the most competitive events in the world, THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS try to compete.  
    You make it out like this kid sits around all day doing nothing. He has to devote his life to it. Don't act like its easy. One, its a non-stop thing and if he doesn't get good enough he's fucked. Also, his social life takes a huge blow.  
    Just admit it, you're fucking jealous. Its not my friends fault you're dad got a tough job.  
    Whats next? You gonna slam people for making millions for playing music all day?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

I'm sure there are many tournaments, marketing, you got to love it. Good win for Sony, must have cost a boatload.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @tekmojo said:
    " PS3 and the Steelers, pretty much a winning combination right there. :P "
    Fixed.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @tekmojo said:
    " PS3 and the Steelers, pretty much a winning combination right there. :P "
    Fixed. "
    lmao awesome!
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EVO
    @choffy21 said:

" A couple thousand bucks would be fine, but once you start making tens of thousands of dollars for playing a video game, I find that incredibly insane. "

Insane? Dude, that's fucking awesome.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @EVO said:
    " @choffy21 said:

" A couple thousand bucks would be fine, but once you start making tens of thousands of dollars for playing a video game, I find that incredibly insane. "

Insane? Dude, that's fucking awesome. "
    yeah he's a total douchebag. he's bitchin that its not fair that a person can win $50,000 dollars in a contest because his dad has to work for the same amount in a year. 
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Akeldama
    @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    </bullshit> "
    I'm a proud owner of both, and I'm not going to get into an argument with a sony affiliate about which is "stronger", but when it comes down it, it's bullshit. Games look just as good on both systems. "
    fool. The games look the same for now. Just wait.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Akeldama said:
    " @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @JamesF said:
    " @Akeldama said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    </bullshit> "
    fool. The games look the same for now. Just wait. "
    yeah right. ps3 exclusive games have better graphics. 
    DeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By DeadMan
    @TwoOneFive: 

I dont really care about the graphics as long as it is an awesome game, I am fine with it.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @DeadMan said:
    " @TwoOneFive:   I dont really care about the graphics as long as it is an awesome game, I am fine with it. "
    whatever. its totally off-topic now. 
    demento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By demento

Sales for the Xbox 360 version area going to be huge anyways so why not put more marketing focus on the PS3 to increase its sales.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By choffy21
    @TwoOneFive said:

yeah he's a total douchebag. he's bitchin that its not fair that a person can win $50,000 dollars in a contest because his dad has to work for the same amount in a year.  "

So, I'm a douche bag because I think people deserve to make more money actually working than playing a game. Am I reading that right?

P.S. You think I'm jealous of a person who has devoted his who life to a video game, and in the process have his social life take a blow because all he does is stare at a TV screen all day and not socialize in the real life with his friends? You are the insane one. Trust me, I watch Madden Nation all the time. If you took your head out of your ass and actually read my first post, you'd know that I said I would try to make as much money as possible if I was good. But, making $50,000 is absolutely ridiculous. I never attacked your friend, nor did I call him a child. The only person who looks like a child in this topic, in my opinion, is you. 

You made yourself seem so ignorant in so few words. It's amazing!
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mordukai
    @choffy21 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    yeah he's a total douchebag. he's bitchin that its not fair that a person can win $50,000 dollars in a contest because his dad has to work for the same amount in a year.  "
    So, I'm a douche bag because I think people deserve to make more money actually working than playing a game. Am I reading that right? "
    Dudes.....Relax. Can't we all have a coke (coca cola), bowl (you know what I mean), and a smile. 
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By choffy21
    @Mordukai said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    So, I'm a douche bag because I think people deserve to make more money actually working than playing a game. Am I reading that right? "
    Dudes.....Relax. Can't we all have a coke (coca cola), bowl (you know what I mean), and a smile.  "
    I never said anything to deserve that. Simply said making $50,000 for playing Madden is crazy. And it is.
    zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By zameer
    @choffy21: Yeap, you make a pretty good point. The Korean e-sports scene is extremely competitive, and a select handful have become millionaires (in USD, mind you) from playing Starcraft all day (Im Yo Hwan being an obvious example). You can spin it however you like (although the progamer's life over there is tiring, very unfulfilling and your hours are consumed by practice), but you're getting paid thousands of dollars for playing a game. It boggles the mind.

But when you think about it, people get paid boatloads of cash for playing soccer, football, basketball, baseball, what have you. Which is ridiculous too. Anyone who follows soccer surely balked at Ronaldo's $130m USD signing fee.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By choffy21
    @zameer said:
    " @choffy21: Yeap, you make a pretty good point. The Korean e-sports scene is extremely competitive, and a select handful have become millionaires (in USD, mind you) from playing Starcraft all day (Im Yo Hwan being an obvious example). You can spin it however you like (although the progamer's life over there is tiring, very unfulfilling and your hours are consumed by practice), but you're getting paid thousands of dollars for playing a game. It boggles the mind.  But when you think about it, people get paid boatloads of cash for playing soccer, football, basketball, baseball, what have you. Which is ridiculous too. Anyone who follows soccer surely balked at Ronaldo's $130m USD signing fee. "
    True, but you even said it yourself: it's ridiculous. Money sport players make is market demand. Athlete's think "hey, that guy just got $6 million, but I'm better than him. I at least deserve $8 million!" It's a sad but vicious cycle, but that same cycle does not exist in professional video gaming.
    zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By zameer
    @choffy21: Oh I'm totally on board with you! I'm just saying that no matter how much people attempt to legitimize (esports or just sports) it, it's unreal! Korean e-sports is, if i'm not wrong, moving towards a similar contract-based model. I was just trying to provide a more-sophisticated example of competitive gaming, and how it still has that ludicrous quality you ascribed to playing Madden in tourneys.

And I'm wondering why you're getting so much flak for expressing a totally valid point.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By tebbit
    @choffy21 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @choffy21 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    Dudes.....Relax. Can't we all have a coke (coca cola), bowl (you know what I mean), and a smile.  "
    I never said anything to deserve that. Simply said making $50,000 for playing Madden is crazy. And it is. "

Yes, it's crazy as all hell, some people work far harder for $50,000 over the course of many months. 

BUT 

IF someone made 50 K off of winning a video game tournament, would you not agree that the person deserved to win that money? And that making $50,000 from something that comparatively is much less strenuous than a real job, makes playing video games for money a preferable job? 

As for the actual topic: You don't want your Madden 10 Tournament to RRoD mid way through a game, and PS3's are certainly the most stable of the two consoles (I'll keep the Wii out of this, because there are not enough lols in the world to encapsulate how hilarious a room full of Wiimote-waggling would look).
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By choffy21
    @Tebbit said:
    Yes, it's crazy as all hell, some people work far harder for $50,000 over the course of many months.

BUT

IF someone made 50 K off of winning a video game tournament, would you not agree that the person deserved to win that money? And that making $50,000 from something that comparatively is much less strenuous than a real job, makes playing video games for money a preferable job?"
    Never said they didn't deserve it. If they do get it, more power to them. But, an amount that high should never be offered.
    DeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DeadMan
    @TwoOneFive: 
    What did you expect? As long as there is 360 and PS3 fanboys, no topic like this will remain on topic.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By choffy21
    @DeadMan: The off-topicness of the topic isn't about a console war.
    DeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DeadMan
    @choffy21: Yeah, its kind of mixed though people arguing about how much bullshit it is to win 50k just by playing a video game. Then there's people arguing about which console is built stronger, to me that seems to say which ever console has the better graphics is better.
    JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JamesF
    @choffy21 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:

So, I'm a douche bag because I think people deserve to make more money actually working than playing a game. Am I reading that right?  P.S. You think I'm jealous of a person who has devoted his who life to a video game, and in the process have his social life take a blow because all he does is stare at a TV screen all day and not socialize in the real life with his friends? You are the insane one. Trust me, I watch Madden Nation all the time. If you took your head out of your ass and actually read my first post, you'd know that I said I would try to make as much money as possible if I was good. But, making $50,000 is absolutely ridiculous. I never attacked your friend, nor did I call him a child. The only person who looks like a child in this topic, in my opinion, is you.   You made yourself seem so ignorant in so few words. It's amazing! "
    100% agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.