Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 10

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 14, 2009

Madden 10 propels us into the next decade with procedural awareness. Madden 10 introduces a physics based player interaction engine known as Pro-Tak that features gang tackles, improved OL/DL play, and WR/DB interactions.

Giant Bomb Online Franchise

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Stang
    @bretthancock said:
    " @Stang: I was pleasently surprised to see some of the staff partaking as well!   I'd like to do some more advertising for this thing as the weeks go on.  I'll be keeping a leaderboard on here and things like that.We are all updated and down to 11 teams! "
    I just hope people show up when the time comes. The few experiences I have with things like this are pretty shitty. This could be completely awesome or a monumental disaster!
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

So, are we going to be using default rosters or doing a fantasy draft? It seems like to keep the playing field level we would need to do a draft. I imagine there's probably a lot of variety in terms of player skill here so it's entirely possible that someone experienced with Madden that signed up for a good team early would be able to just charge through with no problem.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Stang

For what it is worth, I vote for default rosters.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Stang: Well, the Dolphins aren't absolutely terrible so I guess I could live with that, but I still think that fairest thing to do would be to do a draft. Whoever picks teams like the Lions or Rams though could be at a major disadvantage.
    herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By herreno
    @Chaser324 said:
    " @Stang: Well, the Dolphins aren't absolutely terrible so I guess I could live with that, but I still think that fairest thing to do would be to do a draft. Whoever picks teams like the Lions or Rams though could be at a major disadvantage. "
    SIGN ME UP.

Rams, Chiefs, Browns, Bengals or Phins?

Damn.

.... Since im going to suck I may aswell choose the Browns :]

GT: Herreno
    Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Blue

Well you wouldn't be stuck with your roster completely with trades and the draft but for the first season it would be a disadvantage for sure. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Stang
    @Chaser324 said:
    " @Stang: Well, the Dolphins aren't absolutely terrible so I guess I could live with that, but I still think that fairest thing to do would be to do a draft. Whoever picks teams like the Lions or Rams though could be at a major disadvantage. "
    No doubt about it. It does not bother me either way, really. I just figured from the get go we would use default rosters, with any additional crazy trades people want to make. Regardless of which way we do it, it will be fun. That is all that really matters.
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Herreno: Oh, I mean regardless of whether or not we do a draft, I'm sure I'll still suck. I've never really played Madden that much, and I haven't owned a football game at all since NFL 2K5. Still though, I really do think a draft is the right way to go. The logistics of getting everyone online at the same time though could be very difficult.
    Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Blue
    @Chaser324: Maybe we should have a vote that seems like the democratic thing to do.
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By bretthancock

Updated with everyone, I hope someone takes the Rams cause as a Seahawks fan I'll enjoy that battle.

I wanted to address a few concerns.  We will be using the default rosters and sense the team on Madden has said they don't know what the situation with free agents/trading is going to be we will wait and see how that turns out and then draft up a rule sheet based on everyone's feedback.  Early word is that it will be wide open so depending on the number of CPU teams it could make things interesting but also fun and challenging.

In regards to people flaking out I think it is bound to happen for various reasons and I will do a poll if people feel someone needs to be "kicked out".  Either from lack of participation or other situations.  I've read that the CPU can pick up a team at any time so if somebody does have to drop out it won't be a big deal but definitely not as good.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @Blue: That seems totally fair to me. Maybe the commish can PM everyone and get them to vote.
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By bretthancock

Default rosters are the only way to go in my mind, it would be impossible to get everyone online for a draft at the same time which will lead to problems.  Plus with the draft every year of the franchise and players coming and going there is bound to be lots of turnover.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @bretthancock: Yeah, I guess logistically it is a bit of a nightmare. Eventually though we will get to the yearly draft which I think you're right could level things out...assuming we're able to get through a season in a reasonable amount of time while keeping a decent number of people on board.
    Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Blue
    @bretthancock: Yeah I tend to agree.
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bretthancock

Totally, that is going to be the one thing that I could see tanking this thing.  If people just don't play their games within a week before we advance then they will get behind and so on....  I don't think playing one game a week is to much to ask.

Also I was thinking that when we first start possibly giving the teams that are rated the worst a better shot at signing the best free agents, might help even things out.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
    @bretthancock: I'm pretty sure I read that there will be controls to allow the commissioner to set up waiver order just like in a fantasy league so I guess you could just give the player with the team with the lowest overall ranking the highest waiver rank.
    Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Blue
    @bretthancock: I dont know if you saw this blog post by the developers but it has some cool info in it http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=online%20franchise%201
     this is what they did for free agency

Q: So no free agency, no contracts, and no salary cap...that stinks! Why didn't you put them in?

A: Many have asked why we left these features out, and the simple answer is that there just wasn't enough time to get it in before the game hits the shelves. Creating a 100% server-based Online Franchise mode with full stat tracking and numerous other features wasn't a very quick task. :) It took a major effort from our team to get to what we were happy with in a 1st year feature. The good news here though is that we HAVE given you a way to simulate this important part of the NFL off-season. We have given you a way to handle all of your offseason player movement, player contracts, etc. with your own house rules. The commissioner will have the option to Add/Drop players at will during the offseason (this is a website exclusive feature). I can give you an example of what we are already doing here at the office in our online franchise...Each team in the league is forced to give up five 70+ OVR players to free agency (we all agreed on the CPU team players to release). We then took that list, and did a quick free agency draft with that list of players. The commish then went into the Commissioner Options screen and add/dropped the players to the new teams. While this is not exactly ideal, it does give those folks who are looking for a very realistic Franchise experience a way to have offseason player movement every year. We are actively looking at a robust, live bidding free agent type feature for the future, but a lot depends on the priority you all (the fans) give us on each feature once you get your hands on online franchise.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Well, I guess I should go redownload that demo and play through it a couple more times.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bretthancock

Mods, is it possible to anchor this thread(and the ps3 one) at the top?

nuzreq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nuzreq

I always liked playing as an awful team, sign me up for the Lions.

GT = nuzreq

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By bretthancock

You are in.  It's not all bad you'll have first crack at free agents when we start, Stafford, and the best WR in the NFL.

brownick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#72  Edited By brownick

I'm in as the Chiefs.

GT: Brownick

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bretthancock

Updated.

Jaguars, Bengals, and Rams are the only teams left.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By Colonel_Fury

I'm looking forward to this.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, I preordered on Amazon so I should have it on my doorstep on launch day. I can't wait to throw down with some of you GB guys...even if I do get demolished.

I assume the online franchise games will start pretty much immediately since preseason games start the same week this comes out. Do you guys have any idea about how the scheduling for the games works? Is there a set time for each game or do both people in each game just have to get together and play their game prior to some deadline?

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By bretthancock

If it's anything like NCAA 09's franchise you will see who you play on your "home" screen and be responsible for sending that person a message to relay times.  This shouldn't be a problem with this thread as I'll post the schedules constantly.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Colonel_Fury

Since I'll have College (and work) come september, I'll probably have to play most of my games on the nights I don't work.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By NickL

im pretty excited for this to start!... whats the default difficulty gonna be?

edit: nevermind just reread original post 5 min quarters on all pro

edit 2: so if for some reason i cant find any time to play 1 week will my opponent get the option to play cpu, or a default win, or will it just be sim'd with 2 cpus? i would feel real bad if my team won on a cpu vs cpu victory

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By bretthancock

@NickL I'm not sure but I believe it will just be simmed but I'll see how it is and take a vote.

Also the Dolphins have opened back up.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By Tuggah

Fuck whoever took teh Eagles. Give me dem Dolphins.  Gamertag: MakinItRainfrm3.

PS: I might not having on August 14th (I did the SI TV Offer), I imagine it won't be a problem but so you don't fill my spot if I don't join right away.

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By BackpackKat

When do we start playing season games because im not getting the game till sunday. Is that o.k or will I be missing a lot of stuff?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Stang
    @JohnAsscream said:
    " When do we start playing season games because im not getting the game till sunday. Is that o.k or will I be missing a lot of stuff? "
    You read my mind, I was just about to bump the thread. Wait, I just did :p
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By bretthancock

It'll be a while before we actually get to the regular season games.  I think there is a preseason and "off-season" period so it'll be a while.  I'll post more details but I'll probably give it a week or two before I advance for the first time so everyone can get caught up.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Karmum

Good to know - cause' I didn't know if I was getting Madden 10 on release day (i.e. review copy) or a few days after it was released (i.e. GameFly). Regardless, I have my month of Gold, and I'm certainly ready to begin the online franchise with the rest of Giant Bomb!

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By Troispoint

I want the Jaguars. GT: Darth Revan 666

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bretthancock

Updated to include Troispoint.

I had a blast playing through the demo a few times last night.  Everything feels pretty good on all-pro especially the pass rush.

Cpt_Culpepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Cpt_Culpepper

Guess I'll sign up to be the bengals since my panthers are gone

gamertag: Cpt Culpepper

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By bretthancock

And with that we are down to 1 team(Rams).

Just a reminder to everyone, the franchise will be set up on Friday morning at around 12:30 AM, I'm picking this up at midnight and setting it up then.  Not sure if it works off of invites or if everyone just selects the franchise and inputs a password.  Either way any and all info will be put into this thread.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Colonel_Fury

Sounds good. I'll probably set get in on it on Sunday, since I work friday night and all day saturday.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bretthancock

Operation Sports review is up

http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=495 

Sounding good.  Unfortunately there are no sliders in Online Franchise at the moment(could always be patched) so we are going to be on default settings, all-pro, 7 minute quarters as this is what online ranked matches are at.  The game is still great though and I don't want to get into arguments about adjusting slider x for y amount.

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#91  Edited By coonce

@bretthancock: if nobody has the rams - i'd like to claim that spot.... gonna edit ur post to add my name in there. picking up the game tmrw.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Stang
    @coonce said:
    "  @bretthancock: if nobody has the rams - i'd like to claim that spot.... gonna edit ur post to add my name in there. picking up the game tmrw. "
    Sweet! I will say it again....it is pretty damn awesome that staff is participating. Good shit.
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By bretthancock

Hell yea!  That will fill us up!  Welcome Coonce!

Thanks to everyone for signing up and staying interested so far, more to come as it's t-minus 6 hours until I'll have the game in my system.

I was bored so I made a twitter for the Franchise.  
    https://twitter.com/GiantFranchise

I'll keep it updated with anything of note

Cpt_Culpepper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Cpt_Culpepper

I have my copy and I am eagerly waiting for the league to be set up.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By choffy21
    @bretthancock said:
    " Hell yea!  That will fill us up!  Welcome Coonce!  Thanks to everyone for signing up and staying interested so far, more to come as it's t-minus 6 hours until I'll have the game in my system.  I was bored so I made a twitter for the Franchise.   https://twitter.com/GiantFranchise  I'll keep it updated with anything of note "
    Only one that will matter will be the update that puts Vick on my precious Eagles.

Not really sure what to think of that move yet. Still in shock, even though I heard it at 5:37 (yeah, I'll always remember)
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By bretthancock

Franchise Name: Giant Bomb
    Password: onthemoon

Join up guys!  Let's get this going

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Karmum

Ay, looks like I'll be waiting on GameFly to send me a copy. Go figure, they shipped it out a day early, and I still get screwed over. :(

Is it possible to join-in while the franchise is on-going?

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bretthancock

It's possible but I don't think it's going to come with the Online Franchise code that ships with the game, you'll have to buy it for 10 bucks I believe.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Karmum
    @bretthancock: 
    Shoot, I just realized that. Gonna have to wait the few days with PayPal, and I will have it by the end of next week. Darn.
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By bretthancock

Do what you gotta do, we likely won't start for a while so everyone can get in.

I'll try and post the schedules for each week so people know who they need to contact.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.