Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 10

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 14, 2009

Madden 10 propels us into the next decade with procedural awareness. Madden 10 introduces a physics based player interaction engine known as Pro-Tak that features gang tackles, improved OL/DL play, and WR/DB interactions.

UGH!!! Not ANYWHERE as good as 09

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MushroomStamp

NO F'N WAY!! This game is 8.0 AT BEST. It's so much worse than last years on so many levels. The graphics are not better, the intentional slowing down of the game (yes they even tell you they did this on pupose during the loading screens) will drum you to sleep. The control isn't as good as last year.. it's all around WORSE than last year.    Last year I felt it was the tightest best football game i've ever played. This year, apart from  a few new animations, you will find NOTHING that is better than last year.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By choffy21

And how have you played this already?

P.S. The hint of troll is amazing.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By bretthancock

If 09 was a tight football game I'd recommend playing 2k5/2k8 or Madden 2005.   Huge problems with 09:

1.  Defensive Lines were essentially useless.  They served no purpose.
    2.  QBs never missed a single pass, always accurate.
    3.  DBs warped 4 feet in the air to swat down passes.
    4.  Superstar and Franchise mode were broken with terrible trade/draft logic.
    5.  Progression was a joke.
    6.  Presentation stunk, the entire game lacked any sort of flare.

Just from playing the demo 1-3 are fixed which are game changers.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

this is why i play blitz the league

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Troispoint

This game is just way more realistic, and cheesers are crying. The good life :)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

8's a good score, bro.

iamdeputy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamdeputy

GO MADDEN! How did you get this early?

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By JamesF

Haha, THIS GAME IS AN 8.0. I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE WHOLE GAME YET, JUST THE DEMO, BUT SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS, IT CAN ONLY BE AN 8.0! I PLAYED THE FREAKIN DEMO!!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

All reviewers should just play the demo of games then write up the review.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

I love how people hate on Madden.  
    Its like the guys who swear The Dark Knight sucked. 

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Metroid545
    @MushroomStamp said:
    "  NO F'N WAY!! This game is 8.0 AT BEST. It's so much worse than last years on so many levels. The graphics are not better, the intentional slowing down of the game (yes they even tell you they did this on pupose during the loading screens) will drum you to sleep. The control isn't as good as last year.. it's all around WORSE than last year.    Last year I felt it was the tightest best football game i've ever played. This year, apart from  a few new animations, you will find NOTHING that is better than last year. "
    wait why did you even buy that
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bretthancock
    @Metroid545: I CAN'T ROLL OUT OF THE POCKET AND DROP BACK 25 YARDS TO THROW A PASS ANYMORE, MADDEN IS THE SUX
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @MushroomStamp:  I think the slower animations are suppose to be more realistic. The animations in 09 may, or may not have made the game more fun--I can't judge, I only played each game briefly--but I think The whole point of Madden these days is to be a strait up Football simulation. That means the more realistic the better, so I welcome the changes. I played the demo and it seems fine to me, then again I'm no Madden expert.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Babble
    @MushroomStamp:  

Unless you have the full game saying you will find "NOTHING" but then last year seems a little broad considering you probably only played a demo.
    Avatar image for waleovechkin301
    waleovechkin301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By waleovechkin301

i personally liked 08 more than 09. 04 was always my favorite tho. especially vick's complete dominance of everyone in that game. the best video game football player since bo jackson in tecmo bowl.

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MushroomStamp

Ummm.. no.. I have the game, not the demo.. .look at my achievement list, you'll even see it listed. Albeit without achievments yet, however, if it was JUST THE DEMO it wouldn't even be listed.   I found 10 slower and less fun. I also found the graphics to be the same ol same ol.. it's not just me either, I had 3 friends over and NONE of us were impressed at all.  

Sure are a lot of Haters in here.. Stop drinking the Kool-aid and being jealous of people that get games early.  Especially when people dont' agree with your devotion to a franchise.  all 4 of us that played it felt they are sacrificing fun for Realism. Imagine a a racing game that actually simulated real speed (sans blur effects).. you would be bored.... Madden 10 is just .. well.. EH

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bretthancock
    @MushroomStamp: I'm not devoted to Madden but love football games and have played them all sense 2004.  This year's Madden is the best yet on a next gen console.  The only critique you have of the game is that it's slower(which can be adjusted) and that the graphics aren't as good.  Trust me, we aren't jealous that you got the game early, we are annoyed that you aren't making any lgoical argument.
    Eric5676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eric5676
    @bretthancock said:

" @Metroid545: I CAN'T ROLL OUT OF THE POCKET AND DROP BACK 25 YARDS TO THROW A PASS ANYMORE, MADDEN IS THE SUX "

First thing I thought of as well.  There's a definitely a lot of that out there.

360: http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/958702-madden-nfl-10/index.html

PS3: http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/958701-madden-nfl-10/index.html

^^ I know reviews aren't everything but those are about as high of review numbers I've seen compiling up for any football game in my recent memory. How "bad" can this game really be?
    bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bretthancock

In all honesty I don't really focus on or care about the graphics in the game.  It looks similar to 09 to me and while I'm sure they are better the gameplay has captivated me much more.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah well 
    Blitz is the solution bro

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MushroomStamp

It's not aweful.. it's just not as good as last year. Maybe it's the pacing. maybe it's the fact there really aren't any significant changes from last year. My point is that if you have last years, you DEFINELY don't need this years. I still NFL2k had the best passing in any football game.. you could aim your throw to the left/ right/over/under... madden you can't see that a corner is over the top of your guy, and throw it on the opposite side of the coverage.  You have basic passing control with lob or zip.. but I want to place exactly in the opposite direction of cover.. 2k did it and will always bash Madden on this point until they learn Sims are great but if you want to sim everything... I should have the ability to place the ball where I want it  and then force my receiver to go where I throw the ball. Also stop havin the AI Cheat with speed.. I was a full 5 yards ahead of a corner with Chambers and was caught from behind, yet I couldn't catch up to a screen to Gonzales. I tried 4 different runnings backs and it's hard as hell getting through the line or around... it's just TOO SLOW.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Metroid545
    @bretthancock said:
    " @Metroid545: I CAN'T ROLL OUT OF THE POCKET AND DROP BACK 25 YARDS TO THROW A PASS ANYMORE, MADDEN IS THE SUX "
    yep madden fanboys fail
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By TheHBK
    @MushroomStamp said:
    "Ummm.. no.. I have the game, not the demo.. .look at my achievement list, you'll even see it listed. Albeit without achievments yet, however, if it was JUST THE DEMO it wouldn't even be listed.   I found 10 slower and less fun. I also found the graphics to be the same ol same ol.. it's not just me either, I had 3 friends over and NONE of us were impressed at all.   Sure are a lot of Haters in here.. Stop drinking the Kool-aid and being jealous of people that get games early.  Especially when people dont' agree with your devotion to a franchise.  all 4 of us that played it felt they are sacrificing fun for Realism. Imagine a a racing game that actually simulated real speed (sans blur effects).. you would be bored.... Madden 10 is just .. well.. EH "

Hahaha, if you did have the game your retarded and trolling ass would know you can set the pace of the game to be like last years!  They have been touting this feature but the ability to turn it off as well.  Get the fuck out of here. 
    NFL 2k should come back, fucking EA and their anticompetitive practices.  NFL2k5 is still remembered as the best football game of all time.  And it came out at 20 bucks.  Thats what all sports games should come out at since they sell so much and dont do anything new, but lots of retards are willing to pay 60 bucks for a roster update and new features that no one will ever use or features that should have been in there a long time ago.  Remember when online leagues hit madden, but in NFL 2k they had been around 3 years before?  Yeah, I bet you do.
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MushroomStamp

Well jackass, all you have to do is look at the games played on Live and you will see it. So stop applying your jackass'd fuckd logic to shit you don't know anything about.... I play games, I don't listen to publishers and features they brag about.. I didn't know it was adjustable.. and it's not like they advertise on the screens "Hey, is the game retardedly slow and boring for you, jack up the spped".. you're fucking idiot!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive

okay i've played it and yeah. this is the best football i've ever played. fuck the haters. 

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Ryu

So what you want a football game that isn't like real football? I think that might be your problem.
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MushroomStamp

There are SOOOO many variations that go into "real Football" that will never make it into the game. I'm just saying the choice of what aspects that go into should be considered more carefully.  Making the game slow doesn't make it more real as they claim as I have already given examples of how unrealistic the players handle and react.  That game is a good football game.. I'm repeating AGAIN... it's just not worth the money if you have last years. Which is the whole reason I started this post was to warm people so they don't waste their money to find out that it's really the same as last year. Save the money not enough innovation to warrant your cash, especially with other games starting to come out (finally, long dry summer).

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bretthancock

Yet you fail to list any of these innovations that are lacking.

The players reactions may not be perfect, but to say that the twitchy gameplay of the last few years has returned is wrong.  Their is actually a weight and momentum to running this year that has never been in Madden before.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cloneslayer
    @MushroomStamp said:
    ". Stop drinking the Kool-aid and being jealous of people that get games early."
    I loled. Kool-aid is delicious regardless of age.

also

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bretthancock
    @Cloneslayer: I try not to but it's so hard :(
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MushroomStamp

Not a troll.. and for once Gamespot actually posted an accurate review of the game giving it 7.5... Credance to my claim.. it's just not that good and definetly not worth the purchase if you have 09

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stang
    @MushroomStamp said:
    " Well jackass, all you have to do is look at the games played on Live and you will see it. So stop applying your jackass'd fuckd logic to shit you don't know anything about.... I play games, I don't listen to publishers and features they brag about.. I didn't know it was adjustable.. and it's not like they advertise on the screens "Hey, is the game retardedly slow and boring for you, jack up the spped".. you're fucking idiot! "
    Are you abused? Chill the fuck out. And you should probably work on grammar when calling other people idiot. That is just me though.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33  Edited By KaosAngel

is it as good as 2k5?

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bretthancock
    @MushroomStamp said:
    " Not a troll.. and for once Gamespot actually posted an accurate review of the game giving it 7.5... Credance to my claim.. it's just not that good and definetly not worth the purchase if you have 09 "
    Yes one review out of the ~20 that have come out completely validates your claim.  Plus we all know how highly Gamespot is regarded around these parts.
    Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Colonel_Fury
    @MushroomStamp:  You sir a an idiot. 

And to everyone else I apologize for encouraging the troll.
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MushroomStamp

Kiss my ass.. I came on here  and stated an opinion. You jump all over me because it doesn't agree with your preconceived notion. You immediately bash and assume someone is a troll and lie. Where as, if you read my posts, I have already explained this and will explain it again for you, since you can't read or comprehend shit.  Look at my Games Played list  and you will see it.. it's THAT SIMPLE! even your brain in its limited capacity can understand that. So with PROOF in your face, you still proceed to call me a troll. You instigated this crap by jumping to conclusions and having the inability to comprehend what I have posted several times.  You sir are a retard.    

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Colonel_Fury
    @MushroomStamp:    Don't get me into a "sir" calling match, sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.