Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MadWorld

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 10, 2009

MadWorld is an artistically stylized over the top action game for the Wii created by Platinum Games. The main character, Jack, must compete in a kill or be killed TV show called Death Watch and gains points for the most brutal kills he can pull off.

New MadWorld Preview from 1UP, good stuff.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Highlights: -The games levels are different

- The game was tested with color and looked like crap
             - The game does not use the Balance Board.

Link:So yeah. It was a somewhat noninformative preview. The new screens are great. When I saw the first one, which is art, I thought it was a screenshot and had naughty bodily reactions.

If only it were a screen!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

This is the Gears of War-ish thing coming to the Wii right?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose
    LiquidPrince said:
    "This is the Gears of War-ish thing coming to the Wii right?"
    Does every game with a chainsaw has to be GoW-ish?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Black_Rose said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    Does every game with a chainsaw has to be GoW-ish?"

Not anymore then a game that has stealth becomes MGS. I just thought that this game was reminiscent of Gears.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru
    LiquidPrince said:
    http://www.giantbomb.com/madworld/61-21173/

Arkthemaniac
    said:
    "  - The game was tested with color and looked like crap"
    That's really interesting. I think some people may be put off just by the black and white color scheme, but I personally am really liking it so far, has a comic book feel to it.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Not anymore then a game that has stealth becomes MGS. I just thought that this game was reminiscent of Gears."
    Nope, the story, concept, art style and gameplay are way different. The only thing in common is the chainsaw and the badass protagonist.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

Nothing really new there, but I was sold months ago.  I still think it's going to be amazing.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

It looks nothing like gears of wear what so ever and never has, I don't see how that side by side could possibly even be entertained. I dunno, I think it looks alright, but then again, anything that even looks 'decen't at this point and is coming out on the Wii,  people are quick to jump all over it as if its gonna be a triple A A+ title...it looks like kinda dumb fun for a while that could be had, but nothing more than that.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    brukaoru said:

Arkthemaniac
    said:
    "  - The game was tested with color and looked like crap"
    That's really interesting. I think some people may be put off just by the black and white color scheme, but I personally am really liking it so far, has a comic book feel to it.
    "
    I wouldn't have it any other way, myself. I think it's the most visually arresting game this gen, if not in history. It just blows me away.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brukaoru
    pause422 said:
    "people are quick to jump all over it as if its gonna be a triple A A+ title...it looks like kinda dumb fun for a while that could be had, but nothing more than that."
    I have strong faith in this game simply because of the development team behind it. I have little doubt it will turn out bad. Here's to hoping it's a good game!

Arkthemaniac said:
    "I wouldn't have it any other way, myself. I think it's the most visually arresting game this gen, if not in history. It just blows me away."
    Me neither. It really looks amazing.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422
    brukaoru said:
    "pause422 said:
    "people are quick to jump all over it as if its gonna be a triple A A+ title...it looks like kinda dumb fun for a while that could be had, but nothing more than that."
    I have strong faith in this game simply because of the development team behind it. I have little doubt it will turn out bad. Here's to hoping it's a good game!

Arkthemaniac said:
    "I wouldn't have it any other way, myself. I think it's the most visually arresting game this gen, if not in history. It just blows me away."
     "
    hmm, I did forget about that, Platinum are the people that are also working on Bayonetta right?  I wasn't ever saying I think it looks bad or anything though too be clear, just from what I've seen it looks like fun is definitely to be had, I'm just not exactly sure for how long it would last.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    pause422 said:
    "brukaoru said:
    "pause422 said:

Arkthemaniac said:
     "
    hmm, I did forget about that, Platinum are the people that are also working on Bayonetta right?  I wasn't ever saying I think it looks bad or anything though too be clear, just from what I've seen it looks like fun is definitely to be had, I'm just not exactly sure for how long it would last."
    They insist that there is a ton of variety. From what I've seen, though, it is entirely tasked to the player. You could kill everyone the same way, but the variety comes from unleashing the sick fuck inside you . . . I guess.
    REAL FAMILY FUN!
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brukaoru
    pause422 said:
    "hmm, I did forget about that, Platinum are the people that are also working on Bayonetta right?  I wasn't ever saying I think it looks bad or anything though too be clear, just from what I've seen it looks like fun is definitely to be had, I'm just not exactly sure for how long it would last."
    Correct, PlatinumGames is also working on Bayonetta. I understood what you were saying, you're not sure about how much replayability it has. None of us do, but we will see! :D

Arkthemaniac said:
    "They insist that there is a ton of variety. From what I've seen, though, it is entirely tasked to the player. You could kill everyone the same way, but the variety comes from unleashing the sick fuck inside you . . . I guess.
    REAL FAMILY FUN!"
    Indeed! I just wonder how much it will incorporate the Wiimote and nunchuck.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.