Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MAG

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

MAG, a.k.a "Massive Action Game" was a PS3 exclusive, online-only FPS game developed by SOCOM creators Zipper Interactive. The game's most notable feature was its 256-player Domination mode.

First DLC Pack dated- and is free.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

Taken from Playstation blog :- 
     http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/18/first-mag-dlc-free-coming-next-week-2/     

Posted by Jeremy Dunham // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

"On behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, I’m pleased to announce that beginning March 25, our first official MAG downloadable add-on will be made available to players worldwide absolutely free of charge!

Dubbed the “Trooper Gear Pack,” our first DLC addition to the MAG universe will offer a number of cool goodies for veterans and first timers alike. Out of everything in the pack, the most popular will likely be the oft-requested “Flashbang Grenade” that can be used to confuse, disorient or distract your enemies in a single throw.

Of course, there’s more to the Trooper Gear Pack than Flashbangs. We’ll also be including new special edition Light Machine Guns for each PMC. Raven’s APEX 100SE, SVER’s RTK-74 Vla, and Valor’s Mk 46 Mod 1 weapons will provide both a new look for your favorite LMGs and a number of performance adjustments as well.

The last element of the pack will be two additional uniforms – “Trooper Dark” and “Trooper Light.” Available to all three PMCs, these uniforms are specifically designed for urban and interior combat situations and give you two more aesthetic options to diversify your character with.

The best part of the Trooper Gear Pack? It’s just the beginning of our ongoing commitment to MAG. In the coming months, you can expect to see plenty of other add-ons and goodies that we can’t quite tell you about yet (but know you’ll enjoy).

But that’s not all. To commemorate the release of our DLC, we want to throw in a little extra. And so, as a thank you to all of our fans, we’re offering Double XP to any and all MAG players starting March 25. Simply log in at 12am Pacific/ 3am Eastern/ 8am GMT and play MAG as you normally would. Every time you complete a game your experience doubles, and yes, this bonus stacks for Veterans who already have an XP bonus to begin with! Just make sure you actually complete the games you play – if you quit early, your bonus won’t apply.

Expect the Double XP promotion to run until 11:59pm Pacific time on Sunday, March 28. Be sure to take advantage of it as much as you possibly can until then."

What do you think? to be honest for free content im not going to complain - a little bit nervous at the prospect of all those potential flashbangs being thrown around - and whether the weapon updates turn out to be anything other than cosmetics is still in the air - but if this is the start of them supporting the game and the 'bigger better more badass' content *cough*maps is round the corner then im all for it!!
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Rockdalf

Cool.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

To me this is better then maps.  I am more of a gun person and I think the amount of content at release was ridiculous.  This is GREAT!!! This shows the support MAG will get!  I can not wait to see the new maps and other content coming in the future!

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Alexander

I was about to say I wouldn't expect to pay anything for an extra LMG, flashbangs and skins. Then I remembered Street Fighter IV outfit packs.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Alexander said:
    " I was about to say I wouldn't expect to pay anything for an extra LMG, flashbangs and skins. Then I remembered Street Fighter IV outfit packs. "

We all have moments of weakness, man. Remember the horse armor?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I wonder if you gotta unlock them....

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alexander
    @Ghostiet said:
    " @Alexander said:
    " I was about to say I wouldn't expect to pay anything for an extra LMG, flashbangs and skins. Then I remembered Street Fighter IV outfit packs. "
    We all have moments of weakness, man. Remember the horse armor? "
    I never said I bought them.... but I did

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Alexander said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Alexander said:

"
    And for that you shall have to play Rouge warrior over and over and over again. For the rest of your life! 
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Ghostiet
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Alexander said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    " @Alexander said:

"
    And for that you shall have to play Rouge warrior over and over and over again. For the rest of your life!  "

Dude, he was supposed to be punished.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10  Edited By damnboyadvance

It's good to hear that they plan to release DLC for MAG. This isn't that much, but hey; it's free!  I'm just a little nervous about flashbangs being thrown around.

TheDoubleJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By TheDoubleJ
    @damnboyadvance:
    i don't know i think mag needs some more chaos
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @kous18 said:
    " @damnboyadvance: i don't know i think mag needs some more chaos "
    I wonder what would happen if 250 people all agreed to meet on one map and all set off a flashbang at the same time?!....
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

Somewhere a server would burst into flames.

I'm all for small free DLC packs to keep interest up and then later they can hit us up with a big map pack for a few bucks.

However, I too am getting horrible images of rooms filling with flashbangs and everyone stumbling around firing blindly. This is either going to be awesome or horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.