What would you do to improve this deck?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1 rorie  Staff

I didn't have any Okos in my deck but I did have a bunch of Once Upon A Times which I need to replace. The deck can get big creatures into play early but it does have a tendency to get pounded when a big flier comes out. I added a Nissa to it and I'm thinking some more Rabid Bite might help with sticky creatures I can't get rid of (as there's little direct removal beyond that). Any thoughts? I know I need to add some more stuff to the sideboard; any opinions?

Deck

• 2 Castle Garenbrig (ELD) 240
  • 3 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
  • 22 Forest (ELD) 269
  • 4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
  • 3 Yorvo, Lord of Garenbrig (ELD) 185
  • 1 Feasting Troll King (ELD) 152
  • 3 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
  • 2 Barkhide Troll (M20) 165
  • 3 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
  • 4 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
  • 1 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235
  • 2 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
  • 2 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
  • 2 Giant Growth (WAR) 162
  • 2 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
  • 1 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
  • 1 Nissa's Triumph (WAR) 170
  • 2 Rabid Bite (M19) 195

Sideboard

1 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136

2 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235

POLIWOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you need more removal I would suggest adding some Wicked Wolves in place of your Questing Beasts. That being said, you don't have too much food generation outside of the Geese and the Troll King. If you want more food and card draw I would maybe add some Trail of Crumbs as well. Also, I personally like Paradise Druids for flexible ramping. Maybe replace the Arboreal Grazers with them?

If you're willing to venture from mono-green to green-black you can do a lot more things with food/removal. Cauldron cats and ovens for food generation and little bits of damage and blocking. Murderous Riders for more single target removal, and Massacre Girls for full board clear.

All of this of course depends on what cards / wildcards you got.

takayamasama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not much of a fan of running Giant Growth and Rabid Bite effects in constructed decks, under the main viewpoint that in games where you are behind, or living off the top of your deck, they are just blanks. I'm not sure what to replace them with, since after the banning mono green stompy is a bit rougher to build, but I'd swap them to something.

I also agree with Poliwog on the Paradise Druids over Arboreal Grazers. A Grazer in hand with no land to place feels real, real bad. Druids can attack if you find yourself against an empty board for whatever reason, or trade if needed.

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think 3 Yorvo's is a little much

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.