Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magicka

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 14, 2011

A satirical fantasy action-adventure in which you and up to three friends take on The Forces of Evil by wielding eight elements of magick and combining them in unique ways.

GDC: From a Blue Wizard's Perspective

Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

Edited By Parabole

When you don't have the capacity to go to an event like GDC, what do you do? If you're like me, you sigh and go gaming website's to see what you're missing. As I was going through my news feed, one of my friends needed help on the days of March 2nd and 3rd for a "gaming event." Surely enough my friend was talking about GDC and I just jumped at the chance to help out.
            The job was to hand out free game codes for Arrowhead Game Studios, PC Action-Adventure game, Magicka. On the day I went I got to meet the team working on Magicka and talked Johan Pilestedt. He was really fun and excited to talk about the game, and as I haven't played the game yet, I got to learn and get really interested in their title.
           Me as the "Blue Wizard"

No Caption Provided
    and another partcipant dressed as the "Green Wizard" got our robes and our stack of codes and proceeded to walk down to the Moscone center where GDC was being held and got glances at all the way there. On Wednesday me and the other were looking for spots where we could hand out the codes near the entrances but it seemed we had competition from a heavy metal show, a Homefront truck letting players try out the game and giving away tacos, and half naked girls giving away...something. The day had been raining all day, but incredibly the robes we were giving were really warm and kept us from getting wet. 
            The next day was a different story as it got really HOT! This poor wizard was doing all he could from sneaking off to get a drink a water, but really how inconspicuous could be? There wasn't a rock show on that day but I did get a lot of fan's of the game and people taken our picture. Another thing I was able to see up close and personal were all the celebrities! Well, gaming industry folk. There were folks from Giantbomb, Gamesradar, Lisa Foiles and AJGlasser from Gamepro. I hope they weren't scared off by the blue wizard trying to give them stuff but I bet they get that all the time. 
            I hadn't been able to go inside, but I did get to meet and chat with a developement staff, hand out free game codes, and got to dress as a wizard. I got to see the passion other fans had as they came up to me and spilled their interest of the game, ways they could make it better, or just take photos of/with me. It was better than staying at home.
    Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Parabole

When you don't have the capacity to go to an event like GDC, what do you do? If you're like me, you sigh and go gaming website's to see what you're missing. As I was going through my news feed, one of my friends needed help on the days of March 2nd and 3rd for a "gaming event." Surely enough my friend was talking about GDC and I just jumped at the chance to help out.
            The job was to hand out free game codes for Arrowhead Game Studios, PC Action-Adventure game, Magicka. On the day I went I got to meet the team working on Magicka and talked Johan Pilestedt. He was really fun and excited to talk about the game, and as I haven't played the game yet, I got to learn and get really interested in their title.
           Me as the "Blue Wizard"

No Caption Provided
    and another partcipant dressed as the "Green Wizard" got our robes and our stack of codes and proceeded to walk down to the Moscone center where GDC was being held and got glances at all the way there. On Wednesday me and the other were looking for spots where we could hand out the codes near the entrances but it seemed we had competition from a heavy metal show, a Homefront truck letting players try out the game and giving away tacos, and half naked girls giving away...something. The day had been raining all day, but incredibly the robes we were giving were really warm and kept us from getting wet. 
            The next day was a different story as it got really HOT! This poor wizard was doing all he could from sneaking off to get a drink a water, but really how inconspicuous could be? There wasn't a rock show on that day but I did get a lot of fan's of the game and people taken our picture. Another thing I was able to see up close and personal were all the celebrities! Well, gaming industry folk. There were folks from Giantbomb, Gamesradar, Lisa Foiles and AJGlasser from Gamepro. I hope they weren't scared off by the blue wizard trying to give them stuff but I bet they get that all the time. 
            I hadn't been able to go inside, but I did get to meet and chat with a developement staff, hand out free game codes, and got to dress as a wizard. I got to see the passion other fans had as they came up to me and spilled their interest of the game, ways they could make it better, or just take photos of/with me. It was better than staying at home.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.