Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 23, 2010

As young thief Tepeu, you accompany the enormously powerful but simple Majin across a world lost to darkness to save the kingdom and fulfill his destiny in this new action-adventure title from Namco Bandai and Yoshiki Okamoto.

Anybody bought this game?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Did you buy this game?  

I'm thinking of purchasing, as it seems an enchanting game. Is it worth it, I ask you? 

Cheers

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Malakhii

I missed it on sale on amazon for like $23, I'm shy to pull the trigger for $40, but I'm definitely interested in checking it out, it seems cool. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeust
    @Malakhii: Yeah it does. Still now I'm a bit worried as it seems that in Europe is sold at 50$ a piece, that gives 60$ when the local taxes are added. Is the game really worth it?  
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Jeust said:
    " @Malakhii: Yeah it does. Still now I'm a bit worried as it seems that in Europe is sold at 50$ a piece, that gives 60$ when the local taxes are added. Is the game really worth it?   "
    from what ive played of it its fun but defiantly not worth full price i would wait a little while 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeust
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Jeust said:
    " @Malakhii: Yeah it does. Still now I'm a bit worried as it seems that in Europe is sold at 50$ a piece, that gives 60$ when the local taxes are added. Is the game really worth it?   "
    from what ive played of it its fun but defiantly not worth full price i would wait a little while  "
    Yeah, I'm thinking about waiting too.  Thanks for the input!
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I know a guy who seemed fairly impressed by the Quick Look of the game, but that's the closest I've gotten to knowing someone who bought that game (because I sure don't want it). 

cordialsnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cordialsnail

Don't know if it's me or the game but so far I am greatly disliking Majin, part of it is the open area puzzle thing, I have multiple areas I can go to and no real idea what to do in any of them.  That and your character controls a bit poorly, surprisingly I have no complaints about how you interact with the Majin itself, it's the only real polished thing here it seems.  I guess it's necessary that your character be a bit shit though, or you wouldn't need the Majin to hop to places.

Also, fuck you, Game Republic, if I am able to get tired from running, give me SOME sort of indication that I'm getting tired

cordialsnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cordialsnail

I was probably too harsh on the game in my last post, but it is seriously confusing at first trying to figure out what to do when I'm just thrown in some sort of multi-level "free-roam" puzzle, I eventually figured things out and I think I'm nearing the first boss and things are becoming a bit more clear.

I'm sure it's worth a shot if you enjoy puzzle/platformers

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeust
    @cordialsnail: Thanks for the heads up. Good luck on the game!
    SpriteFight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SpriteFight

I have enjoyed the game so far. I like the puzzle thing. It kinda reminds me of Tomb Raider with a giant pet. 

The dialog is a little childish in my opinion but it doesn't effect the game too much. Some of the talking animal voices are irritating and I don't find their tips useful enough to warrant listening to them. But the fact that they voice acted everything shows how much effort they put into the game. 

My biggest complaint is that while they let you save at stations, there is no load screen besides when you first start the game. So if you miss a ledge, or roll the ball the wrong way you have to exit to the main screen to load your save.  

My husband bought the game for me for 15 on a black Friday deal. I am not sure where. For that price, great game. But I would never pay more than 20 for it.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

I bought it for full price, I had heard good things about it from some reviews, mostly that it was a charming game with pretty bland combat and after Nier I was willing to give it a try. The best part is obviously the Majin himself, even if all the other voice work in the game is abit off, the loveable oaf is very well done and some of the interactions between the two characters is great, dancing and high fiving after solving puzzles etc. The talking to animals thing was abit cliché but at least it wasn't just a talking rat the whole way through.

Main character himself doesn't really have much of a character, just a thief raised by animals who is trying to protect his home, I guess that's all that was needed but would of been nice to give him more of a personality. His terrible outfit in the demo/QL doesn't last long, there's about 10 different outfits that provide different bonus's, not all require you to be bare chested. The only other character in the game is introduced right at the end which is a shame because they were actually interesting.

Combat is bland but there's enough in it so it doesn't get boring, my biggest issue was that I never learnt to perform the magic finishers until I was wrapping up trophies before the ending, I wish I had learnt to do them alot earlier (perform a finisher with a full bar on an enemy afflicted by magic to kill everything on screen). Although I'm not usually a stealth gameplay fan the instant kills were pretty cool so I tried to do it where possible and if you messed up it was as simple as losing line of sight and waiting for them to reset. Has a leveling up system which unlocks new combos with the Majin, he can also gain more stats and spells through collectables.

Puzzle stuff was great, there's only a few "come back when you have X abilitiy" parts so it never gets fustrating, using the Majin to solve the puzzles was definitly my favourite bits. Dare I say it... this game actually made collectables fun, letting you know exactly how many per area you are missing and they were all worth while to hunt down. By the end of the game I only had to backtrack for 2 I had missed because I got them all as I was going through.

Story is simple enough but has a few twists, the flashbacks were a really nice style. Basically it's the apocalypse, kill 4 generals in 4 different areas to unlock the final area with a final boss, kill final boss, save the world. There's two endings but I only saw the good ending, not even sure how I got it.

And if you're really on the fence, easiest achievements/trophies in a while, got the Platinum trophey on the credits. Game was about 20hours, 5 of those were probably due to trophies.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel
    @Jeust: I did and i liked it.. don't expect high production values thou.. it shows the budget was limited, but the game it's cool the majin it's joy to play with

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.