Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Major League Gaming

Concept »

MLG (Major League Gaming) is the most successful and well-established competitive gaming league in the world. Encompassing many competitive multiplayer games, from Super Smash Bros Brawl to Halo 3, becoming a professional gamer through MLG is the goal of aspiring players all around the world.

Hey, Watch Some Pro StarCraft This Weekend At MLG Dallas

• 183 results
    Bouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Bouz
    @Deathpooky said:
    " @sixghost said:
    " @Deathpooky said:
    " Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game. "
    What could they possibly be sued for? I know you're mad but stop talking nonsense. "
    Breach of contract, breach of warranty, and loss of earnings are three that come to mind.  If you purposefully get the game involved in tournaments worth tens of thousands of dollars in winnings and likely a hundred times that in advertising and other costs (probably much much more in Korea), not providing a stable service to play the game on is a PR and legal recipe for disaster. "
    Isn't all that covered in the TOS and they probably have extraordinary contract lawyers.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By sixghost
    @Deathpooky said:
    " @sixghost said:
    " @Deathpooky said:
    " Blizzard will add Lan... when they get sued by the GSL/MGL and some player who loses out on $50,000 in Korea because Bnet blew up midway through a game. "
    What could they possibly be sued for? I know you're mad but stop talking nonsense. "
    Breach of contract, breach of warranty, and loss of earnings are three that come to mind.  If you purposefully get the game involved in tournaments worth tens of thousands of dollars in winnings and likely a hundred times that in advertising and other costs (probably much much more in Korea), not providing a stable service to play the game on is a PR and legal recipe for disaster. "
    You don't think Blizzard thought of any of that when preparing the ToS? Not to mention there is most likely a second ToS agreement signed by the organizations when they apply for a tournament license.
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By fattony12000

Jino: day9 hey im not getting any invite btw 
    MLGCast: yeah thats cause were playing, go away im busy 
    Jino: lolol

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#154  Edited By thatfrood

Battle.net 2.0
    wave of the future.

fogh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By fogh

Can anyone tell me why my stream looks like this? 

It only shows the top left corner and it's all squeezed. There is also no full screen option. Do I have to pay to watch or what?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:
    " @ThaMilkMan said:
    " @Scooper: What regionals are these? Are we talkin SSF4? "
    SSFIV, HDRemix, MvC2, TvC, Tekken, ect.  Best players on the planet playing loads of great fighting games. Good stream quality and good commentary. "
    And all the games have LAN support.
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By fattony12000
    @Fogh: I'm using latest Chrome and latest Java and it's good, try checking you're not zoomed in with your mousewheel.
    villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#158  Edited By villainy

Seems like the official forums for Battlenet status and SC2 are conveniently offline. Hopefully the MLG folk are giving Blizzard hell right now. This really doesn't look good for Blizzard. Looking forward to a fairly out of character hardcore rant by Brad in the next podcast. I know you're pissed Mr. Shoemaker, let us know how you feel!

fogh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By fogh
    @Fattony12000:
    I installed Chrome and now it's working fine, so thanks for reminding me that Internet Explorer isn't the only web browser.
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By LegalBagel
    @sixghost: I'm sure both agreements discuss Battle.net disruptions, but that won't exactly stop a group from suing.  I imagine Blizzard had to make at least some warranty of the battle.net service when licensing it out for use/broadcast.

There are lots of ways to get around contracts, and with probably millions of dollars at stake some North Korean and US lawyers will have a lot of fun managing the inevitable legal dispute that'll come about when battle.net screws up GSL tournaments.
    darknaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By darknaut

Look at your game, now back to me, now back at your game, now back to me. Sadly, it isn't me. But if it had LAN support for tournament play it could be stable like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're at MLG with the game your game could be like. What's on your monitor? It's Jinro using a manner factory to block mining. Look again, the game has successfully concluded.
    Anything is possible when your game actually has LAN support for tournaments. Bunker rush.

I think I've seen that commercial too many times now. Bummer that they don't seem to be continuing to cast replays though, that was actually making it alright. =/

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#162  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Darknaut said:
    " Look at your game, now back to me, now back at your game, now back to me. Sadly, it isn't me. But if it had LAN support for tournament play it could be stable like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're at MLG with the game your game could be like. What's on your monitor? It's Jinro using a manner factory to block mining. Look again, the game has successfully concluded. Anything is possible when your game actually has LAN support for tournaments. Bunker rush.  I think I've seen that commercial too many times now. Bummer that they don't seem to be continuing to cast replays though, that was actually making it alright. =/ "
    Genius sir.

And I agree, I was enjoying those replays, watching some Modern Warfare 2 now, that game really shouldn't be played at this kind of stage, it's so dull to watch like this.
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By fattony12000
    @Fogh said:
    " @Fattony12000: thanks for reminding me that Internet Explorer isn't a web browser. "
    MOAR LIEK SHADOWOFAMNEYEWRIGHTBROTHERS!?
    Kamisaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Kamisaki

This tourney is amazing.  Jinro is my new Terran hero.  His game 2 against Socke yesterday was the single most epic game I've seen yet!

Zolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Zolfe

a little anti-climactic after all the wait for the final game, but i guess that was to be expected,

those connection problems sucked hard

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#166  Edited By ThaMilkMan
    @Scooper: where? where where?
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Scooper
    ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ThaMilkMan
    @Scooper: thanks dude!
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By sixghost
    @Deathpooky said:
    " @sixghost: I'm sure both agreements discuss Battle.net disruptions, but that won't exactly stop a group from suing.  I imagine Blizzard had to make at least some warranty of the battle.net service when licensing it out for use/broadcast. There are lots of ways to get around contracts, and with probably millions of dollars at stake some North Korean and US lawyers will have a lot of fun managing the inevitable legal dispute that'll come about when battle.net screws up GSL tournaments. "
    I'm sure Blizz has to make some guarantee that there will be fair effort given to keep the b.net servers up, but how could they possibly guarantee the servers will not go down during important tournaments? That's just unreasonable. Regardless, your argument about this pertaining to the GSL is ridiculous, because Blizzard all but runs the GSL themselves. If anyone ever tried to pull something like that against blizzard, you could bet that they would never be given a license to operate an SC2 tournament ever again.
    Also, I'm not sure if you were making a joke, but you do know that it's SOUTH Korea that is way into SC. North Korea is the one with the nuclear weapons and the crimes against humanity.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By DoctorWelch

If Blizzard doesnt add LAN after this, then they really are as ignorant and disconnected from the community as a lot of people think. Now that the game has been out, there isnt any argument against LAN because the only argument against it in the first place was sales numbers. Now most of the people who were gonna buy it have already bought it, and the people that still want it but dont have it will still probably buy it because the amount of people that will 1. still be/want to be playing the game months after it's out, and 2. only want to play their friends, is a very small minority.

JoeRosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By JoeRosa

To many macros going on at once >.<

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By audiosnag
    @Kamisaki said:
    " This tourney is amazing.  Jinro is my new Terran hero.  His game 2 against Socke yesterday was the single most epic game I've seen yet! "
    Agreeeeed.
    Daggith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Daggith
    @Darknaut: 
    Hahahaha, nice.
    Bouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Bouz
    @DoctorWelch: There are adding 2 expansions so piracy could still hurt sales. 
    Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Onizuka36

Congrats to Jinro! Team Liquid had a good showing.

SwagginWagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By SwagginWagon

Great series.

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#177  Edited By chewii101

I think Bisu and SKTT1 will continue to domin-..............wait a minute. 

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Ignor

Meh, Star Craft.
    Meh, competitive gaming.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#179  Edited By Addfwyn

I mostly stick to GSL to get my competitive SC2 fix it's almost constantly on and the level of play is just a lot higher than some of these other tournaments.  I also am more partial to the Korean playstyle, but that's solely personal preference.  

Fish_Bulb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Fish_Bulb
    @leebmx: A natural refers to the player's natural expansion, which is the expansion location right outside of their main base.  A 6 pool, for instance refers to a build where a zerg player builds a spawning pool (for zerglings) when their army supply number (top right corner of the screen) is at 6.
    Hangnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#181  Edited By Hangnail
    ITS OFFICIAL: StarCraft II has taken over my life, but dammit to hell if I'm going to let myself be dragged out of my hole to stoop into THIS level of crazy...!
    Themanohall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Themanohall

So is there anywhere where you can watch replays of the stream? I missed Friday and a little of Saturday, and I love Day 9's and DJwheat's commentary.

snotboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By snotboogie

Yes Blizzard, TT1 really wants LAN.

nexex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By nexex

Battle.net, what me worry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.