Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Malicious

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 24, 2012

A downloadable boss-battle-focused action game for Playstation 3. The main character (male or female) uses a magical, prophetic cloak to both attack and defend.

Gorgeous PSN-only action game Malicious coming to Vita.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Icemael
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Catolf

I plan to get this for my ps3 but it's nice to see it get more love on the vita.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Icemael, I gotta ask, do you play these games? 
    I get the feeling that it is your hobby to find quirky hidden gems and share their announcements in such threads, and that your job ends there. Not to mention criticizing the AAA titles because they're typical.. I guess it feels cool to know about the games no one knows about!

Am i correct? is that a hobby of yours? Just wondering

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

10 seconds into this video I was sure this was gonna be a Level 5 joint, colour me surprised.
    Very pretty indeed. 

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Grissefar

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Icemael, I gotta ask, do you play these games? I get the feeling that it is your hobby to find quirky hidden gems and share their announcements in such threads, and that your job ends there. Not to mention criticizing the AAA titles because they're typical.. I guess it feels cool to know about the games no one knows about! Am i correct? is that a hobby of yours? Just wondering

C'mon don't be such a dick. Drop the mean attitude, brah.

Anyway, that game looks sick, mahn, and it makes me a little angry that it gets so little coverage that I haven't heard of it before. A Bossrush Bayonetta for $10, that's just wierd. I don't know how that game can be $10 when it looks and feels $60.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Grissefar said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Icemael, I gotta ask, do you play these games? I get the feeling that it is your hobby to find quirky hidden gems and share their announcements in such threads, and that your job ends there. Not to mention criticizing the AAA titles because they're typical.. I guess it feels cool to know about the games no one knows about! Am i correct? is that a hobby of yours? Just wondering

I'm with this dude, you could've asked without sounding like a douchebag D:

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Cloudenvy said:

@Grissefar said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Haha i wasn't being douchey! Dunno how to ask such a question without sounding like a dick tbh.  *inb4 then dont ask it*  :P
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

Definitely not going to play this.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexW00d

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Grissefar said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Haha i wasn't being douchey! Dunno how to ask such a question without sounding like a dick tbh. *inb4 then dont ask it* :P

Tbh I've always thought it too. I never understand what the point in announcing to everyone that an obscure game they've likely never heard of in such a way if to not make yourself look cooler than everyone else.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By iDarktread

That looks like a game I would love.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AlexW00d said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Grissefar said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Haha i wasn't being douchey! Dunno how to ask such a question without sounding like a dick tbh. *inb4 then dont ask it* :P

Tbh I've always thought it too. I never understand what the point in announcing to everyone that an obscure game they've likely never heard of in such a way if to not make yourself look cooler than everyone else.

Because of:

@iDarktread said:

That looks like a game I would love.

So people who might not know the game because it is obscure can be introduced to it! :3

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexW00d

@Cloudenvy: Noo, I'm all for people learning of new games, but surely there are better ways of doing so? I dunno. It's just that coupled with the shitting on of games a more typical Western Audience likes.

Meh, I dunno. Nor care, really.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @AlexW00d said:

@Cloudenvy: Noo, I'm all for people learning of new games, but surely there are better ways of doing so? I dunno. It's just that coupled with the shitting on of games a more typical Western Audience likes.

Yeah i don't care either, but I also have noticed it and i thought i'd ask. 

"Shergu Ooro coming to the 3DS early 2012! gorgeous japanese game that no one knows or cares about ;p"
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Catolf
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @AlexW00d said:

Yeah i don't care either, but I also have noticed it and i thought i'd ask.  "Shergu Ooro coming to the 3DS early 2012! gorgeous japanese game that no one knows or cares about ;p"
    He got peoples attention about a game they may not have heard of, whats the big deal? He's not being a dick about it or snubbing his nose saying "I'm better than you cause i know about it." i didn't know about it till recently and if it helps sell a few copies get off his back.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Catolf said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @AlexW00d said:

Yeah i don't care either, but I also have noticed it and i thought i'd ask.  "Shergu Ooro coming to the 3DS early 2012! gorgeous japanese game that no one knows or cares about ;p"
    He got peoples attention about a game they may not have heard of, whats the big deal? He's not being a dick about it or snubbing his nose saying "I'm better than you cause i know about it." i didn't know about it till recently and if it helps sell a few copies get off his back.
    I guess you're right. my bad! 

On-topic, that game actually looks interesting.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Icemael
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

Icemael, I gotta ask, do you play these games? I get the feeling that it is your hobby to find quirky hidden gems and share their announcements in such threads, and that your job ends there. Not to mention criticizing the AAA titles because they're typical..

I only post news about games I think look interesting, or games from developers I like. Do I play them all? No. Some I forget about. Some I lose interest in as I see or read more. Some I don't have the time or the money for because there are too many other games coming out that I'm more excited to play. Some don't even leave Japan, and are region locked or require knowledge of the language. But I never post news about games I'm not interested in, and many of the games I post about I will end up playing at some point or another, if I get a chance. 

And I certainly don't criticize AAA titles for the sake of it. I love Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield and a bunch other mainstream, Western big-budget franchises. If I criticize a game it's only because it has problems that bother me.

@Ahmad_Metallic  said:

I guess it feels cool to know about the games no one knows about! Am i correct? is that a hobby of yours? Just wondering

Gaming is my hobby, so naturally I enjoy finding and writing about cool-looking games. I don't care so much about how obscure they are. But naturally, if a game I'm interested in has mainstream appeal I usually have no reason to post news about it, because some other forum member will take care of that before I even get a chance to.

@AlexW00d said:

If I shit on a game's features it's because I don't like them. It's as simple as that.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Enigma777

Wait this game is out already? I remember back when they announced it like a year and a half ago.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
    @Enigma777: It's out in Japan.
    Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By Timing

Bumped because this is now up on the EU PlayStation Store.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/07/malicious-comes-to-psn-this-week-2/

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I'll echo @Icemael 's statement in that I also think it looks really cool. It's supposed to be like Mega Man in level structure:

The player is thrust into a battle royale as soon as he starts the stage! Every time you defeat a boss, you absorb the creature’s power and obtain a new ability. But what’s more is that you can choose whichever stage you want, in any order, giving you full control over your progress in the game!

And it's £6.49/€7.99. No demo though.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By FLStyle

@Timing said:

Bumped because this is now up on the EU PlayStation Store.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/07/malicious-comes-to-psn-this-week-2/

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I'll echo @Icemael 's statement in that I also think it looks really cool. It's supposed to be like Mega Man in level structure:

The player is thrust into a battle royale as soon as he starts the stage! Every time you defeat a boss, you absorb the creature’s power and obtain a new ability. But what’s more is that you can choose whichever stage you want, in any order, giving you full control over your progress in the game!

And it's £6.49/€7.99. No demo though.

Ahhhh, I've never seen this game before, I will definitely be buying, thanks!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Icemael

Awesome! It's been so long since I heard news about this, I had almost forgotten it existed. I'll probably download it later today.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlasherMan

This seems interesting. Mega Man and Shadow of the Colossus kind of mash-up. No harm in giving it a go.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Morrow

I definately dig the visuals, but as a casual gamer, I find it rather hard... I've beaten 3 bosses but was crushed by the fourth one ._.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By GunstarRed

It's a shame the game isn't very good because visually it's very nice and the Mega Man absorb powers/do it in any order you like part is great. Unfortunately the game gives almost no feedback on whether you're damaging the boss or not, the camera is frustratingly all over the place (completely intolerable at times) and the controls just arent very intuitive. I expected to like this game a lot from the videos, but I beat three stages and lost interest.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By lethalki11ler

@ProfessorEss: lol I had the same thing

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Morrow

@GunstarRed said:

Unfortunately the game gives almost no feedback on whether you're damaging the boss or not

It does, when you tap R1 twice, you automatically aim at the boss, whose health bar is seen in the middle of the top of your screen. When you hit him, the bar shakes and changes color between blue and red.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#28  Edited By isomeri

The frame rate on the PS3 version looks rough, and I can't imagine that they'd improve it on the Vita.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By GunstarRed

@Morrow: That isn't what I meant. I mean you can mash the shit out of the boss all day long but it never staggers, shows any sign of taking damage or anything, It just goes about its attack patterns until it goes into another phase, regardless of you hitting it in the face or not. The giant knight ones shield breaks, but thats about as close as youre getting other than a slowly depleting health bar... It makes the game feel half finished.

The lock on has its own set of problems.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Morrow

@GunstarRed:

Oh I see, well in that case you're right ^^

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By emergency

Guess it won't be out for vita for a very long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I picked this up on PSN on a whim and am loving it. It seems to be incredibly short, but the combat is fun and the bosses are well designed.

It feels like a solid mash-up of Shadow of the Colossus, Megaman, Devil May Cry and Dynasty Warriors. Taking a DMC style fighting style (complete with a few different weapons and powers to use), Megaman style boss selection and gaining weapons from bosses, Shadow of the Colossus's level progression in that there are no levels just bosses and Dynasty Warrior's large crowds of enemies you can beat on to power up your special attacks.

It is a LOT of fun and looks absolutely marvelous in motion. The framerate is kinda bad in a lot of places, but it's not unplayable.

As someone else mentioned the Lock-on system has a few issues, and the bosses don't really react to your attacks which is disappointing, but it doesn't detract TOO much from the experience.

I will say though, the tutorial is complete and utter garbage, making the game incredibly hard to get into.

Definitely worth the small fee (especially if you got the PS+ discount like I did.)

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By M_Shini

I did play buy and play this not long ago, i found this game terrible and horrible, maybe someone will get something out of it though. i might give it another try on my Vita, as long as i don't have to buy another copy.

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By robcat09

Looks like a similar aesthetic to Gravity Rush. I want to hold out for the Vita version to see if anything is different/improved. Looks like it would make for a fun portable.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By Timing

Man, five months already since this came out. I should really go back and try to beat the final boss again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.