Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Maniac Mansion

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 05, 1987

Maniac Mansion is a graphic adventure game originally released in 1987 by Lucasfilm Games. When the innocent Sandy is kidnapped by the maniacal Dr. Fred, it's up to her boyfriend Dave and his friends to her from certain death!

This game is amazing!

PaperPlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PaperPlain

Anyone else use to play this?

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By roofy

yeah.....

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dooops

I played this when I was young so I spent countless hours trying to figure out simple things.

It's quite amazing because I did not really know what I was fully doing at that age.  I must have spent an hour clicking around and trying to figure out how to get into the mansion. Then I finally clicked on the doormat and found the key underneath it! I was so encouraged that I managed to beat the game in the MONTHS to come. Seriously, I spent months playing this game! Not nonstop but man I dedicated some hours to this!

Blazer74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Blazer74

I did. I played it a lot actually. There were like 5 endings so you know I had to play through and get them all. Its still one of the best adventure games of all times.

Graymalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By Graymalkin

I played it at age eleven and loved it so much that I even wrote a little fan fiction story about Maniac Mansion at that time!

Yatesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Yatesy

I can remember playing this for hours upon hours, not having the slightest clue what I was doing and never accomplishing anything. Happy days!

Graymalkin said:

"I played it at age eleven and loved it so much that I even wrote a little fan fiction story about Maniac Mansion at that time!
    "

Have you still got it? :)

PaperPlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By PaperPlain
    Dooops said:
    "I played this when I was young so I spent countless hours trying to figure out simple things.

It's quite amazing because I did not really know what I was fully doing at that age.  I must have spent an hour clicking around and trying to figure out how to get into the mansion. Then I finally clicked on the doormat and found the key underneath it! I was so encouraged that I managed to beat the game in the MONTHS to come. Seriously, I spent months playing this game! Not nonstop but man I dedicated some hours to this!"
    Just goes to show you how cool this game is! I also put alot of hours into the NES version.
    Graymalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By Graymalkin

It's possible that I still have it somewhere. But since it was written in German I guess most people here wouldn't be interested.

reflekshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By reflekshun
    Yatesy said:
    "I can remember playing this for hours upon hours, not having the slightest clue what I was doing and never accomplishing anything. Happy days!"
    lol yes!! I did exactly the same thing. It was so much damn fun though. So atmospheric for such an old game.. I remember putting an egg in a microwave in a plane and breaking a twig off in a forest lol. Great memories! and those 'cutscenes' were the BOMB. I played the C64 version dunno if it was any different..
    Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Dooops
    Blazer74 said:
    "I did. I played it a lot actually. There were like 5 endings so you know I had to play through and get them all. Its still one of the best adventure games of all times."

There was more than one ending?! Can anyone confirm this? If so I think I just might have to go back and play it again to try and get another ending.
    Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By harvey_the_pooka

There is more than one ending for sure. Depending if you call the space cops (forgot what they are really called) or you sending off the book (as Wendy) or Dave going after his Girlfriend it´ll give you different endings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.