Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Party

Franchise »

Mario Party is a collection of mini-games played with a variety of iconic Nintendo characters. They are notable for being games of skill.

Shady Underground Game Dealing in Parking Lots.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By toowalrus

This story starts with my cousin coming down from Houghton Lake to crash at my place for a few days. He was one of my best friends throughout my childhood, but we've both got full schedules now, and don't see each other much. So one day, he says "Know what sounds fun right now? Mario Party 1, dude!"

I had sold off most of my N64 games a few years ago, so I didn't have that one. We went to the local old-games store, but the closest thing they had was Mario Party 3 (which sucks). So after that, we drove down to the Game Crazy (which is a small store inside a Hollywood Video store, which used to sell old games.) 

When I asked if they still sold outdated games, the guy said sarcastically, "Naw, we don't sell that shit anymore.""That's too bad," I said, "We were looking for a Mario Party 1, damn!" This is where things got unusual.

Do you know what we had to go through to get this??

The guy introduced himself as Chris, and said he could hook me up. "I've been trying to sell this shit online, but haven't had any luck." he said. "I can get you the Mario Party, but it will take me a couple of hours." Chris grabbed a napkin and scribbled a cell phone number on it, and told me to call him around six, and bring $15.

...Several hours later, we called him. He wanted us to meet him in the parking lot of a local grocery store. So we totally went, he was standing by his shitty old car, right next to a shopping cart with a baby in the seat. He then jacked the price $5! "This is a high-quality Mario Party here," he said, "Look, it's completely clean, and the label isn't even scratched."

So we gave him the $20 dollars, he gave us the Mario Party, and we sped away like we just bought crack. We now had our game, and a really fuckin' weird story to tell our friends.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By toowalrus

This story starts with my cousin coming down from Houghton Lake to crash at my place for a few days. He was one of my best friends throughout my childhood, but we've both got full schedules now, and don't see each other much. So one day, he says "Know what sounds fun right now? Mario Party 1, dude!"

I had sold off most of my N64 games a few years ago, so I didn't have that one. We went to the local old-games store, but the closest thing they had was Mario Party 3 (which sucks). So after that, we drove down to the Game Crazy (which is a small store inside a Hollywood Video store, which used to sell old games.) 

When I asked if they still sold outdated games, the guy said sarcastically, "Naw, we don't sell that shit anymore.""That's too bad," I said, "We were looking for a Mario Party 1, damn!" This is where things got unusual.

The guy introduced himself as Chris, and said he could hook me up. "I've been trying to sell this shit online, but haven't had any luck." he said. "I can get you the Mario Party, but it will take me a couple of hours." Chris grabbed a napkin and scribbled a cell phone number on it, and told me to call him around six, and bring $15.

...Several hours later, we called him. He wanted us to meet him in the parking lot of a local grocery store. So we totally went, he was standing by his shitty old car, right next to a shopping cart with a baby in the seat. He then jacked the price $5! "This is a high-quality Mario Party here," he said, "Look, it's completely clean, and the label isn't even scratched."

So we gave him the $20 dollars, he gave us the Mario Party, and we sped away like we just bought crack. We now had our game, and a really fuckin' weird story to tell our friends.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

damn, this is some heavy shit. YO!! U CAN GET BUSTED FOR THAT MAN!!!!!!

im sorry, but this the funniest shit i've heard all  day, thanks for making my day.

btw, $20 for a Mario Party?? you got ripped off bro

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fr0br0

OMG I am so jealous. You have Banjo Kazooie!

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolverine

Awesome post. That is so weird that you met the guy in a parking lot and he needed a few hours to get it. Well at least you got what you wanted but I think $20 for Mario Party seems a little steep. I'd say $10 would be the right price for that.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "OMG I am so jealous. You have Banjo Kazooie!"
    . . . you want?

I gots some high quality Banjo, dawg. I'll throw in Donkey Kong 64 for just 5 bucks more, too.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

D:

lol that was a great story. i remember once going downtown on a school trip. i was playing on my friends psp when a goth dressed crack dealer approached me and gave me twisted metal head-on then went back to his business.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By vidiot

This sounds like the time I tried to get my PS2....uh...er.....I added....something to my PS2....so it could like, run stuff.
    -_-

Anyway, that doesn't sound that shady, but a funny story nonetheless. :P I'm surprised at GameCrazy to tell you the truth, I thought they sold old systems still, at least that was my impression a few years back. They're a good chain of stores.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By yetiantics

I once did that to a dude when i sold him a first gen Wii. (well, the only gen i suppose). 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.