Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario

Character » appears in 308 games

Originally a carpenter named Jumpman, this Italian plumber has gone on to become the most recognizable video game character of them all, starring in a veritable pantheon of titles like kart racing and sports. He has been voiced by Charles Martinet for nearly 20 years.

I think the Mario franchise has given me an obsessive fascination with pipes, particularly green ones.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have this weird desire to go through pipes, now, after years of playing Mario games. I know I surely can't be alone in this.

I don't suppose there is a way to incorporate, large, oversized pipe-shaped structures into my home and yard design? Like, I don't suppose someone has a pot/planter shaped as a warp pipe? Especially considering Mario Pipes often contain Piranha Plants.

I suppose you can use one of those fangamer pipe mugs for that purpose.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/pipe-mug

I want something bigger, though.

Ideally but impractically, though, I kinda want a door in the shape of a warp pipe, somewhere, somehow. :/ Has anyone out there in the world figure out a way to make a door out of a warp pipe? That would just be way too cool as an entrance to a game room or something.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vore-p pipes. Just sayin.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

This is best thread, love it.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thechris said:

This is best thread, love it.

I'm not mentally ill. Nintendo brainwashed me.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I'm not going to lie, I definitely want to try this out.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By imhungry

If you have a big enough doorway, you could just paint it to look like you're going into a warp pipe every time you enter your front door.

Would probably be cheaper than therapy I guess.

Edit: I thought about this for 5 more seconds and it occurs to me that if you're in a house you could totally just have a front porch overhang that looks like a warp pipe. It'd probably make your house stand out a little bit but meh.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kuku

Maybe try doing something like this:

No Caption Provided

I am not sure about materials, but man, your imagination is the limit.

Add a piece of black curtain in the pipe to get the effect of jumping between two different places.

Add simple arduino with motion sensor that plays warp sound every time you slide through.

No Caption Provided

You can also add some handles for a better slide.

But it kinda breaks the immersion. Well, you can always do a crawl, like a filthy animal.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuku said:

Maybe try doing something like this:

No Caption Provided

I am not sure about materials, but man, your imagination is the limit.

Add a piece of black curtain in the pipe to get the effect of jumping between two different places.

Add simple arduino with motion sensor that plays warp sound every time you slide through.

No Caption Provided

You can also add some handles for a better slide.

But it kinda breaks the immersion. Well, you can always do a crawl, like a filthy animal.

Oh wow, did you make that? That's pretty amazing, thanks.

Have been meaning to look into arduino for various projects, but none yet have made it a 'must have', especially since there is quite a bit of tinkering involved to get them to work.

BiskutHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You could buy some large plant pots preferably plastic ones remove the bases of all of them, then stick them together making a tube and paint it green?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.