Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario

Character » appears in 308 games

Originally a carpenter named Jumpman, this Italian plumber has gone on to become the most recognizable video game character of them all, starring in a veritable pantheon of titles like kart racing and sports. He has been voiced by Charles Martinet for nearly 20 years.

Mario's job

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By HumanityPlague

I was thinking about it, and as a plumber, Mario kind of sucks.  He doesn't do a LOT of plumbing in any of the Mario games at all, except by exploring the underbelly of pipes.  At least in Donkey Kong, when Mario was a carpenter, he used his hammer to bust barrels apart.  I've never seen Mario (as a plumber) fixing the Kingdom's water pressure, or unclogging a toilet with a snake.  Perhaps that's Bowser's big issue, he kidnaps Peach to get Mario's attention, but because Mario sucks as a plumber, Bowser's Keep/Castle can never get fixed and just has endlessly shitty plumbing.

All I'm saying is, Nintendo should make a new Mario game where Mario is a carpenter.  It'd be enjoyable just to install a door frame, or replace kitchen title, or carpenter things like that.

And I know Mario does use a hammer occasionally in his games, but honestly, if you're a plumber using a hammer the same size as you (Super Smash Bros.) then that's a sign of a terrible plumber.

And yes,  Ana Hurka-Robles (from Tested) said it best, Mario = Jesus Christ.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HumanityPlague

I was thinking about it, and as a plumber, Mario kind of sucks.  He doesn't do a LOT of plumbing in any of the Mario games at all, except by exploring the underbelly of pipes.  At least in Donkey Kong, when Mario was a carpenter, he used his hammer to bust barrels apart.  I've never seen Mario (as a plumber) fixing the Kingdom's water pressure, or unclogging a toilet with a snake.  Perhaps that's Bowser's big issue, he kidnaps Peach to get Mario's attention, but because Mario sucks as a plumber, Bowser's Keep/Castle can never get fixed and just has endlessly shitty plumbing.

All I'm saying is, Nintendo should make a new Mario game where Mario is a carpenter.  It'd be enjoyable just to install a door frame, or replace kitchen title, or carpenter things like that.

And I know Mario does use a hammer occasionally in his games, but honestly, if you're a plumber using a hammer the same size as you (Super Smash Bros.) then that's a sign of a terrible plumber.

And yes,  Ana Hurka-Robles (from Tested) said it best, Mario = Jesus Christ.

milpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By milpool

That's not a bad idea, Mario getting a vocational change.  Or even a Mario Plumber game where he drives around in a van and unclogs sinks.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

I wonder if Mario ever needs to go see a chiropractor. As a plumber, he'd have to crouch, and bend over and  lie in awkward positions (I'm only slightly talking about sex now). But since he doesn't do that I guess he has no reason to go.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By craigbo180
    @HumanityPlague said:
    Well as awesome as that sounds if he was a carpenter would the games be much different, he doesn't really do much plumbing...

Maybe you would have warp doors instead of warp pipes. Actually doesn't wario use doors to warp around in warioland? Maybe carpentry is an evil profession by contrast to plumbing and when they created wario they decided he should be the carpenter.
    Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Timing

Dude, watch this. Two minutes in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.