Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario

Franchise »

Mario, Nintendo's mascot, has been around for over 30 years and still stars in many games, saving Princess Peach from Bowser's numerous plots. Mario is the best selling video game franchise of all time, with an estimated 200 million Mario games sold world-wide.

Best Mario Platformers

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Best Mario Platformers (6 votes)

2d games 67%
    3d games 33%

Something that I was thinking about the other day whilst playing the new Sonic was how nuts it was how Mario went into 3d games wit Mario 64 without a hitch when you look at a lot of the other series that struggled. Which got me thinking which are better the 3d games as a whole or the 2d? Now my first instinct was 2d you crazy, but man those 3d games are something else.

I dont share the same love for 2 and 3 as others do (though I really really like them and played them back in the day) Mario 1 is still really good and World would be in my discussion for favourite game ever but all the other 2d games are cool but not on that level. Whereas I adore all the 3d Mario games (maybe sunshine slightly less but still really like it) and would maybe put galaxy 1 and 64 as my favourite game ever.

So im a bit torn but leaning towards the 3d games.

So which do you guys prefer?

• 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.