Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mark of the Ninja

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2012

From the creators of the Shank series comes a 2D stealth game featuring a ninja Champion bearing a magical tattoo that brings great power at a heavy price, in order to bring bloody vengeance against his clan's enemies.

Hitting the reset level option.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MaxOpower

I love this game, by far one of the best games I have played all year. But one thing, one very small thing, that has ruined the game for me and made me stop playing it several times now, is the reset level/checkpoint option. Not that the option in itself is bad. No, I play all stealth, no lethal, and I love the option to jump back every time I make a mistake or get noticed. But the two options, reset level / reset checkpoint, are way too close together. I have now several times hit the reset level option while in the middle of a level. True I could be more careful, I could read the options out before hitting A. But hitting reset usually comes down to habit and muscle memory, and the few times my memory glitch, it totally ruins my experience.

I would have loved a designated “restart at checkpoint button”, or at least if it had been harder accidentally hitting the wrong option. Anybody else "keep" hitting the wrong option?

smathev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By smathev

I hear what you're saying! I've only recently begun playing the game, so I haven't really tried what you're refering to, but I could imagine it becoming a nuisance at some point :) I've tried it in plenty of other games, where options that are very different in "results" but comparable in name, are easily mistaken. And, it usually as you say, involves games in which a lot of reaction / muscle memory style actions are taken. Such as in Trials or indeed MotN :)

Anyway, what I came to think about was the way that Trials resets you. Pressing the "B" button resets you to latest checkpoint, and pressing the "back"button restarts the level. I don't imagine the same amount of resetting and restarting is necessary in this game, but anyway - if they worked in (again, haven't played it for long, so not sure if the button is already used) a way to reset to last checkpoint by pressing for instance the back button.

Anyway, that's a thought - and I guess I totally agree with you, even though I haven't really tried it yet :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.