Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mark of the Ninja

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2012

From the creators of the Shank series comes a 2D stealth game featuring a ninja Champion bearing a magical tattoo that brings great power at a heavy price, in order to bring bloody vengeance against his clan's enemies.

Which path have you chosen?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

I'm really enjoying the Path of Nightmares. The fear effect you have on the guards is too much fun.

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By kickinthehead

Finished my first playthrough last night which involved cutting a lot of dudes, though freaking guards out by stringing up their buddies is pretty great. I started my no-kill run as soon as I finished. Though I'm considering at some point deleting my save and forcing myself to do my alternate playthroughs without special suits or upgrades.

I LOVE this game. I get the same feeling of success and failure that I get when playing Arkham Asylum/City. I never mind redoing a section and I always know what I did wrong.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm currently on the path of waiting for it to come to PS3/PC.  This is really the most jealous I've been of 360 owners.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Spoonman671 said:
    I'm currently on the path of waiting for it to come to PS3/PC.  This is really the most jealous I've been of 360 owners.
    It's not coming to PS3 because it is published my Microsoft Studios. Klei did a AMA on reddit and they said the chances of this appearing on PS3 are the same of Halo appearing on PS3. But i think they said a PC version is coming.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spoonman671
    @MikeGosot said:

@Spoonman671 said:

It's not coming to PS3 because it is published my Microsoft Studios. Klei did a AMA on reddit and they said the chances of this appearing on PS3 are the same of Halo appearing on PS3. But i think they said a PC version is coming.
    Yeah, but there are a lot of XBLA games that were published by Microsoft and later came to PSN.  I don't know if Klei's deal with MS is different than those other games (it sounds like it might be if Klei said it's not coming to PS3), but I don't think it's that unlikely to show up on PS3, even if it takes a year.  Of course at that point I'll probably have played the PC version.
    MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Spoonman671: Honestly, what makes me think it's not coming to PS3 is their answer on Reddit. It may happen, but the PC version will come way earlier than that.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

Originally I was going for Stealth but when I got it and realized you can't carry a sword I didn't really want to play as that. Ironically the first few levels I did no kills and no alarms and realized that I wasn't enjoying all of the awesome kill animations and traps. What kind of perks, cons do the other suits give you? I was thinking about going for Nightmare next.

MrViral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrViral

Nightmares. If you do it right, they all just kill each other, and you're nowhere to be seen. Plus the hanging kill's animation is spectacular.

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Robopengy

I went Nightmare and instantly liked the game 100% more, which is saying something because I loved it. Everything just looks so much cooler and bad ass when you've got that Oni mask on. It probably helped that the first level I wore it was the lightning level!

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By huntad

I just barely bought the game, but I'm going to go for either the hunter or the nightmare path first. I want to get a grasp for pure chaos before I go pure stealth. Pure stealth is always my favorite though.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Doctorchimp

Path of the Nightmares is the only way. Absolutely broken suit, you stealth kill one guy and it starts a goddamn clusterfuck. It really lets you get your weird Batman jollies off.

Path of shadows looks awesome though. I can't wait until I beat the game and just start from level one and do the whole thing totally different.

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By amarriner

My favorites are Stealth and Nightmare. When I play stealth games i have this odd compulsion to do no-kill/no-alert runs. I like carrying two distraction items for that purpose and since I'm not killing anyway, no sword isn't a detriment. My NG+ playthrough has been with the stealth suit exclusively.

On the contrary, as others have mentioned the Nightmare suit is really, really fun. Bringing the fear darts along for consistency is fun, but I tend to like the caltrops better for one reason or another.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.