Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Are there any quality, affordable arcade sticks for the 360?

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jNerd

I'd really enjoy an arcade stick to play MvC2 & I don't know of any for the 360.

Suggestions please.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

There are basically no affordable sticks for the 360. 

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By AgentofChaos

None. Or you could look up instructions for a DIY Joystick.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By NickM

There are no affordable sticks, let alone quality

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain

A good quality DIY stick will cost you as much as an SFIV TE stick, you may as well buy that. I hear good things about Hori sticks of any price range, but they aren't available in the UK so i've never even seen one in person let alone used one.

From what I hear you can probably get a Hori EX or something /whatever it's called for about $60, that's as cheap as it gets below that you're talking real, real unusable shite.

Hedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Hedge

I found a used SFIV SE stick for $40 on ebay, then I put in all new parts for $50. If you don't mind a little bit of work, I think you'll be happy with the end product.

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By bulletstorm

Are fighting games really that unplayable? I'm looking forward to this game but is it really going to be that unnatural to use a 360 controller that I should by a stick to better enjoy it? I remember playing this game fairly well with a PS2 Controller.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By keyhunter

My friend built one out of arcade stick parts, an old XBOX 360 controller, and a two by four. In total I'd say about a hundred bucks?

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Reuben
    @BulletStorm said:
    " Are fighting games really that unplayable? I'm looking forward to this game but is it really going to be that unnatural to use a 360 controller that I should by a stick to better enjoy it? I remember playing this game fairly well with a PS2 Controller. "
    You can still play the games just fine, Though the d-pad can really be unresponsive sometimes. The PS2 controller has a better more responsive d-pad.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Stang
    @BulletStorm said:
    " Are fighting games really that unplayable? I'm looking forward to this game but is it really going to be that unnatural to use a 360 controller that I should by a stick to better enjoy it? I remember playing this game fairly well with a PS2 Controller. "
    In my opinion the bumpers and triggers are a pain in the ass, as is the piece of shit d pad. If you are into fighting games, at least consider getting a fight pad. Those are around $35 and are a substantial improvement over the standard pad.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By apathylad
    Casedawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Casedawg

im really considering the hori ex 2 because i'm getting marvel vs capcom 2 and i just recently got street fighter 4. and yes it really is bad to play with the 360 controller. the dpad is horrible (doing things like fireballs often results in accidental jumping) and the analog stick just isnt comfortable or reliable sometimes. i have read that sometimes the Hori EX 2 has hardware problems and its a pain in the ass to replace parts for, where the SF4 SE stick has parts that are probably crappier, but can be very easy to replace.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By apathylad

I think a couple of buttons on my EX 2 are feeling kinda faulty. I wonder if I can find a service that could mod the control with better parts for me, but I'm afraid at how expensive that'll be. :(

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nnickers
    @BulletStorm said:
    Sticks may be preferable, but certainly not necessary; you'll play best with whatever you're used to. I play both Street Fighter 4 and blazblue with the standard 360 controller (using the analog stick, not d-pad) and do quite well. The only times I feel the controller is a hinderance is with a few charge character super and ultra inputs in street fighter, otherwise it's perfectly functional.
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CoverlessTech
    @Apathylad said:
    " I think a couple of buttons on my EX 2 are feeling kinda faulty. I wonder if I can find a service that could mod the control with better parts for me, but I'm afraid at how expensive that'll be. :( "
    Do it yourself dude. I've got videos up on youtube of me doing a Wii Hori(pretty much the same thing as the EX2). It's pretty simple.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By apathylad
    @CoverlessTech said:
    " @Apathylad said:
    " I think a couple of buttons on my EX 2 are feeling kinda faulty. I wonder if I can find a service that could mod the control with better parts for me, but I'm afraid at how expensive that'll be. :( "
    Do it yourself dude. I've got videos up on youtube of me doing a Wii Hori(pretty much the same thing as the EX2). It's pretty simple. "
    Yeah, I've seen your videos. I don't have any experience soldering stuff and such (and I don't even have the proper tools), so I don't feel comfortable doing it myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.