Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Completely new to this game

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

Any tips that I can get? How can I improve?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

What characters do you use ???? 

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " What characters do you use ????  "
    I'm still trying to decide. There are so many D:
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Well i personally use  

Thanos 
    Juggernaut 
    and venom

Thanos i use because he has really good ultra moves and i love his capture bubble , Juggernaut is a beast and venom is tricky to hit if you play him right .

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm thinking that I'll end up playing a mixture of faster characters. Who are the better/easier to play faster characters?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @StarFoxA said:
    " I'm thinking that I'll end up playing a mixture of faster characters. Who are the better/easier to play faster characters? "
    Spiderman . Wolverine .  And alot of the capcom characters 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm also new to the game and would like some tips to get better, I am really horrible, I can't even beat the game on easy lol. 

I use, Jill, Akuma and Venom.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By and333

Just use Magneto, Sentinel and Storm you'll win every time, also i'll despise you!  

Jin, Ken and B.B. HOOD ftw!!!

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By roofy

my ultimate noob team is akuma, cable, and wolverine.

akuma is really easy to dominate with if you've ever played Street Fighter with a shoto character.
    cable is considered a god character with some infinite combo's but basically his pistol and viper beam is a noobs best friend.
    wolverine is what i place all my button mashing friends on, super easy to learn and is really fast

you can also swap out cable for cyclopse who is alot faster and is the closest out of the marvel character to being a shoto street fighter

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Hey I'm absolutely new too, didn't want to start another thread though. I mean I have some arcade experience, and I know some basic stuff, but I only played very sporadically over the past 8 years, so that barely counts. I notice I tend to use (and succeed more with) a team of CapCom, Strider and Iron Man. But I heard of this famous Doom and Strider pairing, and I'm thinking of subbing out CapCom for Doom. I seem to play fairly well with Doom anyway.  

Would any of those teams be seen as "cheap"? (I know there's a lot of arguments going on about what actually constitutes as cheap, or if there even IS cheap, but still drop some opinions)  

Also I'd love any kind of solid beginner tips, keeping in mind I'm a very offensive type player, and I like fast, hard-hitting attacks. Oh and beams. Beams are fuuuuuun! 

Thaaanks!    

billR2D2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By billR2D2
      ya im so noob in this game  lol i have trouble beating the game on easy and i get crushed online badly my characters are psylocke, ken, and cammy reason for choosing them is because i know pretty much all there moves but not good on executing them lol if someone wants to teach me online my psn is billR2D2. Thanks
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Supermarius
    @XII_Sniper: to be honest, the high level play or online play in MvC2 is pretty much going to seem super cheap.  Really long juggle combos using assists, giant beam supers, infinites. You can't worry about being cheap in mvc2 because that is really the only way to compete.  Alot of people will argue that nothing is ever cheap if its intentionally in the game. I mostly agree but there are things in MvC2 which were not intended and unintended things in a game CAN be cheap. I personally think that mvc2 is amazingly fun locally or with friends, but not so fun against savage online ranked competitors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.