Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

I think it's easier with a controller than a stick in this game.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By apathylad

I was trying out the new TE Madcatz stick, and I was having a harder time performing air combos. I've been seeing a lot of topics on this board about buying a stick for MvC 2, but I feel a controller is much easier. Don't get me wrong, I'll use a fighting stick in other games, but this one requires a lot of quick button presses rather than precise directional input. Would any of you agree?

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kumo

If you're not all that used to an arcade stick, I can see how pulling off air combos would be more difficult than doing it on a pad. I made the switch to arcade sticks last year (got a TE earlier this month) and I haven't had any problems with combos myself. I guess it depends on the user and how used to you are with one over the other.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By keyhunter

It's totally way easier with a controller.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By sickVisionz

I've always sucked with a joystick.  The buttons are easier to hit but I find the motions to be harder to do accurately.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nnickers

Iron Man's missile input, LK+HP, is the biggest slap in the face to people without sticks ever.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain

If you are trying out an arcade stick for the first time of course you are going to think the controller is easier. It's like walking on your hands all of a sudden. 

But after a few days you'll get into the groove of it, and once you're used to it there is no going back, it's like the whole moust/keyboard VS pad argument, sure there is a degree of personal preference, but there are facts involved, and the facts state that a mouse is more accurate and faster than any analogue stick could ever hope to be. Same applies to arcade sticks.  

I wasn't sure if I could get to grips with one, now there's no way in hell I could go back to a pad for fighting games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.