Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

OK... What?

RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RBolduc625

DAMN!! Now I know what Jeff meant by it's too much unless you've already been into the game before. 

First off there's a million characters (AWESOME!!). Then there's 3 types of styles for each character, then all these combo moves that you can pull off with one or both of them on screen with you. 

Like i said... WHAT!!??  

Believe me, i'm not bitching about the game being ridiculous, I think that's what it's meant to be (in a good way). But it is WAY too much for a beginner. But, good game and good luck to everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You should let the game take you for a ride

RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By RBolduc625

HAHA. I dont' even know where to get on man!

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Pick your favorite characters and go from there, pick the recomended assist types and get going. 

Gameplay wise, get into practice mode and learn what your two assist characters do when you press the assist buttons, and then apply them appropriattely in a real match. Get to grips with your main dudes moves and away you go.
    NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By NickNorman

Man, I know how you feel. I was really excited about buying it, after reading some reviews and having a few friends recommend it. This game is crazy. I'm finally starting to get the hang of it now, but I feel like I really need an arcade stick.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @TeflonBilly said:
    " You should let the game take you for a ride "
    I like the way this man thinks.
    Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kumo
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " Pick your favorite characters and go from there, pick the recomended assist types and get going.  Gameplay wise, get into practice mode and learn what your two assist characters do when you press the assist buttons, and then apply them appropriattely in a real match. Get to grips with your main dudes moves and away you go. "
    The only thing I can add to this is learn to use your assists wisely after you've learned what your characters' assists do. Using them too little or at the wrong times puts the match favor against you. Also, just take it slow. Learn your characters at whatever pace you're comfortable with. Hang in there!
    JohnnyMcmillen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JohnnyMcmillen

I'm new to all this aswell, but I'm suprised how quickly I picked up the feel for it, after reading Jeff's review I was a little worried that this game would be serousily awfull, due to my lack of playtime in the genre, but as I said was happily suprised, I don't play all that much online, but I still don't know how to change  character mid fight ¬_¬

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138

Spam the assist triggers

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By roofy

go through single player alot. like i mean non stop.
     thats all i did with the dreamcast and now when i go online i rarely lose.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.